IGNORED

Let's give something away

Freebird

IIt's been a while since we've had a contact of  any kind.  Everybody enjoys a chance to win something and it helps spur converfstaionn here.  So here's the deal.  I have a very nice Wager Radiator Grill Guard.  It is black but can easily be painted if you prefer. it.  So how do. you win?  I'm glad you asked.

I think that everybody knows that Yamaha has exited the big cruiser/touring market.  So where does that leave you?  I know that many  aren't riding as much as you used to.  I also know that there are a lot of die hard Venture riders here.  So the question isimple.  What are you. now riding?  With no new Ventures being made, will you. just retire from riding after your correct bike is doesn't and out.  Will you. look for a nice used Venture or go to another brand,.  What brand will you go to?  Basically, what are your plans moving forward.

The winner will be selected by. a random draw of anybody. who posts in response to this.  The grill. guard will. work. on any '99 - 2013 Royal Star Venture so if you ride something else, you could always sell it or whatever you wish.  The Wagner Grill Guards are getting hard to come by and are a great addition to your bike.

As an afterthought, I'll offer one other option.  If you. ride another bike or simply don't need the grill guard, you. willl have the option to.choose a brand new VentureRider cap.  Available only in black.  

So, that'about it.   GO.  

• Like 6

I have a 2008 RSV with pretty low mileage, so it should run for my lifetime.  However, I have been considering replacing it because of its age and a concern I may not be able to keep it running dependably.  I have been looking at the Indian Challenger/Pursuit bikes.  I can't really afford it, but could maybe get one paid off by the time I retire.  I hope not to age out of riding for some time, but I'm aging out of performing a lot of maintenance on them.

That's a very generous offer Don !  I'm still riding my 01' 2nd gen and plan on doing so until it or I turns to dust. I think I have every chrome do dad made for our bikes, the Wagner grille guard would be an awesome addition to my ride. Nobody else need apply! Lol

My ‘09 RSV is short of 30,000 miles so I don’t anticipate replacing it anytime soon. With the knowledge base here on this site I can keep it running on into the next century. So, I am throwing my hat into the ring!!

Posted (edited)

Actually looking to ride MORE when I retire.   I've a First Gen that needs a little TLC, mostly with carbs.   It's been sitting nearly 10 years with the same gas in it.  Yes, I gave it a heavy dose of Seafoam, but it can only do so much.   I plan on going over it in a few years when I retire, and will have the time and a decent garage to tinker in.

My Second Gen.  '06 Black Cherry, (The fastest color for Second Gens) runs just fine and while I don't have time to ride as much as I'd like, it's very well maintained, with only stabilized ethanol free gas, battery tender and it sits in my temperature controlled and dehumidified pump shed.   I'm planning on keeping it until I can't do the 2 wheel thing anymore.   

I may end up with a Can-Am also once retired.   I'll feel safer with Lisa on the back if I've 3 wheels.

That radiator guard would look GREAT on my Black Cherry Sweetheart.

Thanks for livening things up a bit.

Edited by uncledj

Still riding my 2012 RSV.   I hope to make it last to be last bike which should several years.   I still ride a 1977 CB750 occasionally but if had to make a change I would probably look at the Indians

I don't ride two wheels anymore at this time. Went out in 2014 and bought a CanAm and we don't ride it much either, but that don't mean I don't have a 1st gen sitting in the garage,,, yep sure do!!, It's an  86 that's sat for about 5 years or so, maybe 4, and used to belong to Swifty. It's needs to be refurbished and that is my winter project, if winter ever gets here. Bought the 86 for one of my nephews. I don't think the Wagner will fit the 86 and I don't wear caps or hats, so I guess I'm out, but then with my luck I was out before the game started anyways.

I haven't ridden in a while due to health issues but I hope to do so this year.  I probably will give my bikes some needed TLC and sell both of the Ventures.  I hope to hang on to the Kawasaki for a while longer but I'm almost 80 and the years do catch up to you.  

I'll pass on the entry also. But I moved over to a Victory Cross country Tour. It felt a little more stable and lower weight CG. Recently I have thought about maybe a BMW R 1200 tour.

Posted (edited)

My '06 Black Cherry has 110K on the clock. I'm hoping for another 110K, but I may start looking for a used Gen 3 in the next decade.

I am, currently shopping for a project bike to bob. I'd like it to be a Virago, but a Magna would be nice too. 

Edited by luvmy40

I currently have a 2018 Venture that is in the dealership due to cam failure, luckily still under warranty. Hopefully after this repair it will last 100,000 miles or so then I will probably replace it with a Harley or Indian with fixed fairing.

i'm still riding my 06  blackcherry venture. plan is to put n100,000 on it! got bout 20,000 to go. gonna ride till i can't hold up 2 wheels anymore n then go to a trike! already try'd a slingshot, fun run but to low to the ground! to hard to get in and out of. ni'll put my hat in, wagner grill guard would be a great addition to my bike!!!!!:thumbsup2:

I have a '12 Venture that is my exclusive hi-way ride, runs perfectly, and has a new set of tires on it.  I have some other lighter/faster/slower bikes that I ride around town. But, for me, there is nothing like my Venture for long duty service.

Oh, where to begin....in the 70's ........

Aside from the Sears two wheeled lawnmowers, TS185, DT400 Enduros, trail bikes....in 1986 my first Yamaha "big bike"  a gently used XV920 so I could afford to do a 110 mi commute.

Later got promoted to a two wheeled outside desk job, known as KZ1000P13. Rode KZs for 14 years 

1997 had a golden opportunity to acquire a perfect mint 1983 XVZ1200. all the mechanical upgrades, second gear, porous engine case cast, alternator bolt, water pump impeller, the beefed up front fork etc.

The Venture came w/ THE king of kings of aftermarket accy's....a custom paint matched Yamaha Black Bushtec trailer.............

Again in 2017 was given the golden opportunity to acquire a well maintained 2007 RSTD... unfortunately california gas, missed maintenance schedules,and other life distractions....28 yrs of service... retirement

Catch-up maintenance/repairs get'em back on the road again.......Profound attachment to venerable V4, doubt I'll ride anything else to the end. Whatever that definition of the "End" will be............

I have a guard given to me by Kybigmac’s widow, so leave me out also. Still on the 07 with a matching Timeout trailer, plan to ride it into the ground. If it goes down I’ll replace it with another 2nd Gen. I have a cabinet full of spare parts and a pretty good knowledge of the 2nd gens so I have no incentive to start over learning another bike. 

• Like 1

I have a 2010 RSV and I'm not sure what I would ride next... I'd love to try out a Victory Vision - it looks like fun. I've also never ridden a Gold wing, but I might be getting close to being old enough to try.

Still have the Hannigan Trike and I still love it!  Bucket List trip this fall took us to Needles hiway, Beartooth Pass, Chief Joseph Byway, Going to the Sun Rd.  Million Dollar Hiway. Gets looks everywhere she goes.

• Like 5

I don't need the guard so leave me out.. I just wanted to join into this discussion...  I had a 2004 Venture (white).. I guess it wasn't the fastest color (according to others), but the nicest color..  Put 150k on it and sold it to get a 2017 Road Glide..  I put 50K on that.. Then with Failed shoulder surgery I was forced to go to 3 wheels..  Still wanting to tour and needed help with steering I got a 2021 Can Am F-3 (they have power assist steering) I still consider the Venture the best bike I've owned and miss it at every ride.. But that ship has sailed... I recently purchased a 2004 V Star 650 and I'm getting it back on the road... I also have one pissed off wife (LOL)..  It will cure my need for two wheels around town and short trips and I still have the F-3 for touring / longer trips.. 

Good luck to the winner of the Wagner Grill Guard...  He made one hell of a product  RIP Steve

• Like 1

I do not need the guard either, but I did have one on my 2007 and can vouch that it is a great product,.

One word of caution to who ever gets it or anyone that has one, if the front of your bike is lowered be mindful that if you grab a big handful of front brake and the nose dives, the trailing edge of the front fender can contact the Wagner grill guard and you can loose the ability to steer.

The only reason I know that is the fellow I bought my guard from had that happen, his bike was lowered and the front fender caught the guard, once, that is why he sold it to me so it could not happen to him again.