Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. *** "SOLD" *** DossDan's Son Got It! Glad he'll get more use out of it. I'm moving this Summer and I don't have the means or desire to drag this parts machine and my stores of parts along with me... I have a 1989 Yamaha Venture Royale XVZ13DW WITH TITLE Free for Pickup by the end of May. Bike has been partially parted-out to feed my running machine. All body plastic still in beautiful condition (maroon). Engine blew head gasket in ~2010 and appeared to be seized on my last crank attempt in 2017 and remains in frame. I have 2 working rear monoshocks in addition to a blown unit from my running bike. The parts bike monoshock is included and works, it's just no longer attached . I also have multiple radios, antennas, CBs, floorboards, trim pieces, odds and ends and other items in addition to the parts I pulled off the hanger queen. I would love for someone to get some use out of all these parts, however 2 local salvage yards have passed on the offer due to the surplus of this make/model in their parts bins (which I find hard to believe). I'm located in Gladwin Michigan near the intersection of state highways 30 and 61. Reply to thread with any questions about what I've got and I'll reply the same way. Contact me with PM for date and time arrangements for pickup.
  2. Was underneath the bike today and noticed my bell is gone. Key ring it was mounted with is still there though. Looks like the bell rubbed off a lot on the key ring. Does the pewter ring wear through? I like to have my bell swinging free. I am wondering if it needs to be installed so that it doesn't swing? Ross
  3. you call the police because someone stole your Tim Horton's "free coffee and donut" coupon!
  4. I use a gps program on my Droid called CoPilot Live Premium. I have replaced my Garmin with it and am so far happy. It has a lot of nifty features, one of which is "Drag Route". If you don't like where it is sending you and prefer other roads you can drag the route to change it right on your screen. This program sells for $9.99 on the Google Play store which includes one year of free traffic updates. I bought my copy late last summer. Recently I entered a contest that CoPilot was running, which had a grand prize of a Nexus tablet. I did not win the tablet, but did win a free copy of the software. Obviously, I cannot use it since I already own it. Therefore I am offering it to any VR member (subscribed members only) who may want it. The FIRST PERSON TO RESPOND BY PRIVATE MESSAGE will get it. Replying in the thread does not count. If you win the race, I will send you an email that contains instructions on installing along with the key code that activates it. Make sure it will work on your phone. If you have an older android phone it may not be compatible. Check it out here: http://copilotlive.com/us/personal/android.asp Let the race begin. Joe
  5. Free meals for Vets http://freebies.about.com/od/freefood/tp/veterans-day-free-meals.htm
  6. There are quite a few restaurants feeding vets for free again this year. I hope you all take advantage of the free food and recignition. If you happen to be in the Sugar Hill GA area, stop by The Applebee's and say hi. I'll be working from 2:00 'till close and I'd love to see some of you and say thanks.
  7. I've been doing some cleaning. I know, scarry thought. I have a big box full of old aquarium stuff, pumps, filters, heaters, decorations, lights, lots of misc stuff, and the pile is still growing. I will give it free to anyone willing to come pick it up. It would take forever to try to pack it for shipping.
  8. Hey, all you Evergreen State forum members, if you want or need a FREE motorcycle lift, then I have one for you. The one I am giving away...for FREE...is a 10 year old Powerlift Hydraulics motorcycle lift, like 93.1465 % of the red lifts we see out there for bikes. This one is the same one as all those others, except that this one needs to have the bottle jack replaced. Yes, that is right, it is NOT in brand new condition. It is used, for the past 10 years, and recently the bottle jack broke on me, due to my own error (which I will not go into). The lift, all metal pieces, etc, are in good condition. Other than the bottle jack, this thing still looks and works good. No metal fatigue anywhere. Since I was not successful in finding a new bottle jack to replace this one, I ended up going out and buying a new...aluminum jack, that is a step-up from what I had. Yeah...it cost me more $, but...what the hay ! So, if any of you riders that live in the Greater Puget Sound area want a FREE motorcycle lift, send me a PM, and we can work out who drives where and who picks up/delivers what to whom. I am willing to go out of my way to help get this to you, rather than throwing about 100 lbs. of iron. Contact me... Update: The Lift is now Spoken For. Consider it GONE.
  9. A fellow over on the STAR forums is moving and clearing out items he does not want to move, he posted the note below. "I have a stock seat for a 1999 RSV. Excellent shape, came off bike shortly after buying the bike and stored since then. Also have stock seat to 2004 Road Star Silverado. It was removed almost immediately after buying the bike. Both are free to anyone needing them. PLese let me know if you have a home for them, hate to put them in the land fill. " Paul Kinas Here is a ink to his post on STAR's web site if your are interested and not a member of STAR, I would be happy to pass it along to him. http://www.startouring.org/forum/default.aspx?f=12&m=140454
  10. Check this one out [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtiNaptKUt4]CRAIGSLIST // FREE MOTORCYCLE FOR SALE - YouTube[/ame]
  11. In a previous post, I mentioned getting a free one day rental from Appleton HD. The ride was taken last weekend and greatly enjoyed. I am starting this as a new thread since the topic has changed from 'what should I do with a free day of riding an HD' to 'What I did with a free day of riding an HD'. Also, want to provide my review of the HD as compared to the Venture. To begin with, let's review the dealer (Appleton HD). They are great. The sales folks on the floor were very knowledgeable of their product. There were a couple of esoteric questions they didn't know (fusing on the cig lighter - in case I needed to use my road compressor), but mostly, they knew their stuff. Their recommendation on a bike to take was also right on. Very impressive dealer. After looking at the selections (all the big bikes were available) and listening to their expertise, I chose a Road Glide Ultra. This is the same as the Ultra Classic but with a frame mounted fairing instead of a fork mounted fairing. The RG fairing was also about 8" further forward providing a much larger, less cramped feeling, riding compartment. Very nice. The RGU had all the bells and whistles. Radio, CB, Ipod interface - What?? No cassette??? ABS front and rear, 6 speed tranny, 103 ci of bone rattling power. The bike provided was totally stock. Rode the Venture up to pick up the bike Saturday at 11:00ish. They advised to just bring it back when I was done - even if it was after hours Sunday. Just drop the key thru the slot. Cool. Interestingly, parked next to a '90 blue Venture when I pulled in. Anyhoo, after the appropriate paperwork, they took me out to the bike and gave me an introduction - how everything works. I packed a change of clothing and various stuff in the cavernous saddle bags, threw on my helmet, plugged in my headset (yes, the plug is the same as the Venture), and took off. The Venture was resting comfortably under their overhang under the watchful eyes of a security camera. Really a nice setup. Wanted to get my money's worth out of this free rental, so I took off for BBQ. Original destination was Kansas City, MO. Unfortunately, a series of items prevented me from making it that far in time to beat closing at Arthur Bryant's BBQ. First - It wasn't an hour before I started squirming on the stock seat. Was also getting the little pain between the shoulder blades that is indicative of handle bars that don't pull back far enough. Couldn't ride more than about 100-125 miles before needing to stop and stretch. Frustrating. Added the Airhawk to the seat and that helped some. Also added the sheepskin and the seat/butt issue was mostly resolved. Nothing I could do about the back pain. Also, there were no highway pegs so not much room to move around the legs. Second - My 6 year old Zumo 550 battery quickly ran out of juice. It is never run without a hard wired power source, so I'm sure the battery is pretty much toast. So, I plugged in the charger to the cig lighter (had a cig lighter to USB converter). Unfortunately, you can't operate the Zumo and change it in this way at the same time. Oh well, I know where I am going - at least up to hitting KC. So I thought. Missed the split to HWY 151 from Hwy 61 south of Dubuque, IA. Therefore, added about 60 miles by detouring thru Davenport. That combined with having to stop too often meant KC wasn't going to happen. However, all was not lost. I found an amazing BBQ joint in Des Moines, IA. SmokeyD's BBQ (http://www.smokeydsbbq.com). They have won an impressive number of contests both locally and nationally. And it tasted like it. Had a combo of pulled pork and brisket and they were both amazing - especially the brisket. I WILL go there again. Found a cheap hotel just outside of Des Moines since I was not in any hurry to get back. Was on the road at about 7:15 Sunday morning under a clear sunny sky and about 45 degrees. Beautiful weather. Took the missed 151 back to Dubuque, crossed into Wisconsin, and then proceeded to head up the Great River Road. I figured there was enough experience on the slab, need to see how it works in some curves. Stopped at Dewey Nelson State Park just north of Cassville and took some pictures. Road along the WI River on Hwy 60 all the way to Columbus. Stopped in Fox Lake to show the bike to Scooter Bob, stopped by the house to show the bike to my boys, and then headed back to Appleton. Had to run past about 15 miles to get the mileage over 1000. All in all, a great weekend was had. The next installments will have pictures and an evaluation/comparison. RR
  12. I have put about 300 miles, 25 miles one way to work, mostly freeway on my '83 standard since getting it back together recently. Today on my way home, it started feeling like it was running on 3 cylinders (again), then got progressively worse. It was barely running on the off ramp, wouldn't rev and died at the light. It would crank, but not run. I pushed it about 200 yards to a parking lot and called work for a tow truck (I am a dispatcher for AAA- nice perk --free tows). After waiting about 30 mins, i tried to start it and it fired right up. It ran like it had up to that point. I made it the last 2 miles or so home. I do have the replacement TCI, mounted on top of the airbox. Any ideas? I am thinking fuel pump/filter? It felt like it was running out of gas.
  13. I upgraded my laptop memory and I have a stick of 2 gig pc3 10600 cl9 204 pin if anyone can use it I will mail it to you free. Tom
  14. dunvilsteev

HDR

High Dynamic Range is a photo effect whereby 3 different exposures of the same shot are layered and free software, Luminance, is used to create pics like this one.
  15. Congraulations Bongo we wish you all the best with your retirement and hope you can enjoy life to the fullest now that your a free man. Also that Becky and you have a safe a wonderful trip out West to the Black Hills.
  16. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Royal-Star-2001-Royal-Star-Venture-Trike-/221080480024?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item33796c6918#v4-41 Look at the sticker on the windshield.........free advertisement
  17. Welcome aboard Walmart Airlines... Yep, they are now flying....... [ATTACH]69385[/ATTACH] These are paid for and I want to be sure everybody gets to appreciate them [ATTACH]69386[/ATTACH] Somehow I always manage to sit next to this person. [ATTACH]69387[/ATTACH] Did you say free refills? [ATTACH]69388[/ATTACH] Words fail me! [ATTACH]69389[/ATTACH] I wonder how long his flight was delayed? [ATTACH]69390[/ATTACH]
  18. What a Great Country we live in ! Tim Hortons now has free Wi-Fi.
  19. I have a stock Clarion CD changer free to anyone who needs one. I DO NOT HAVE THE CABLE, so you must either find one or use your current. First one gets it just pay the shipping......:whistling: John
  20. PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN Thank you to those who defend our Country and keep us the "Land of the Free" . God Bless you all.
  21. This is the best price I have seen on these thermometers. This is the one that Harbor Freight sells from $26 to $30 when they are on sale. I think it also has free shipping. RandyA http://bensoutlet.com/products/cheerman-digital-infrared-thermometer
  22. This is too good not to share! And I can do this on the Venture. I don't usually use cruise control, but it would free up my right hand for vengeance! [ame] [/ame]
  23. Need to adjust my steering head over the winter and although I read the tech article I'm still not clear on it. I have the tool and bike is on the lift... Anyone free to assist? No rush.... can't ride with the snow/salt. Just like to see how it is done once.
  24. This is a little premature but have been thinking about this for a while so, figgured I'd throw it out here and see what kinda responses ya'll might come back with. When we retire (2-3 yr from now), unless we win a lotto, we will have to continue working, at least part time. We're thinking about wintering south of the border somewhere like Texas or Southern CA, etc ... returning to Canada for the summer. With our limited pension we figgure we could accomplish this by doing seasonal campground caretaking work which usually provides free camping and a small wage. No idea at this time if that is even possible or where to start looking for possible opportunities. Also open to other ideas, keeping in mind our limited budget and needs. We want to travel on the scoot with our tent trailer in tow and will probably live in it for the most part unless there is a better offering. Don't know how long we'd be able to do this...time will tell. Looking for your comments / suggestions / ideas ... On the other hand, if anyone wants to offer us a free place to stay.....