IGNORED

Something else new is coming next week....

videoarizona

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, SCR950 the NEW Harley Sportster from Yamaha, air cooled v-twin, one brake disc on the front (that's all you need for the power it has). Wow! I'm so impressed!

I don't think this 950 is what the announcement is going to be, unless its a STAR cruiser version

Maybe,, just maybe a retake on the Raider... Use the new (old 113) Venny mtr = give it the 6 speeder but drop the balance shafts and xtra alternator (like HD - "A" motor was no balance shaft = "B" motor was balance shaft) so now we can spin em up - rev limit em to 6500 - competition for the no longer built Dyna ('17 was its last year = new "Softail Dyna" is water cooled)...

On another note - I been saying how much I thought the new Star Venture looked "Victoryish",,, wouldnt it be something if Star came out with something along the now defunct Cross Country, or bagger Magnum line... Still thinkin Arlen Ness jumped ship or Polaris sold some designs to Star or something = possibly a "bagger" line of the new Venny to compete with HD's Street Glide (their best seller) ,, you know,, lose the trunk and maybe some of the info system stuff.. HD did that and was able to still charge the same $$$ as the exact model (Electra Glide Classic) that still had the tour pac on it (a 3 thousand dollar option).. That one still makes no sense to me either (I am pretty thick skulled when it comes to this stuff),, people could have bought the Classic, removed the tour pack and mounting assembly - had a Street Glide and had 3 grand worth of HD touring equipment hangin in the man cave just in case BUT,, guess what,, the "touring world" (thats right,, these bikes,, like the new Air Cooled Star,, are the new Touring bikes of modern times) didnt want that - the Classic was HD's worse seller because of the extra stuff on the bike (people simply dont want to have to unbolt stuff I guess) and the stripped Classic at the same price as the unstripped scoot became their best seller.. REALLY = all true!!

Edited by cowpuc

I watched the first video, I find it interesting that they make a video for motorcyclists that spends virtually the whole video telling motorcyclists why motorcycling is great. They could make videos selling sociology professors on value of education:happy65:

The other thing is, and I'll steal part of an old cliche', Fool me once! I'm not going to wait on the edge of my seat while Yamaha gradually leaks tiny tidbits of information on a new model, again. Their secrecy/hype/grand unveiling tactic is quite stale with me, I still have the taste of nut-clad feces on the back of my tongue from their last marketing stunt.

You guys want a power tourer?! another VENTURE!! YEA!!! AWESOME!!! V4 BABY!!! POWER/PERFORMANCE! VENTURE!!! Fixed fairing slice the wind at 130 all day long! do or die!! wait for it, waaait for it.... keep waiting... wait some more... wait... we said wait..... there, now take this Road King instead :buttkick:

Instead of a video with guys posing in leather describing why motorcycling is great (Yamaha, we got that) they could open with some actual information on the motor, options, chassis, or what other existing models it will compete with/supersede.

I will be following this from a novelty standpoint but I'm afraid Yamaha squandered any real chance of selling me any bike newer than the RZ500 I have my eye on. I wish I could just tell Yamaha to stop with all the advertising gimmicks and overproduced videos telling us nothing. Just tell us what we're waiting for, we're all adults here, to much to ask?

Rant mode off :rant: I feel better now!

Tourists area almost gone, time to take the Venture off into the hills and enjoy! :sun:

I watched the first video, I find it interesting that they make a video for motorcyclists that spends virtually the whole video telling motorcyclists why motorcycling is great. They could make videos selling sociology professors on value of education:happy65:

When Yamaha knows they have nothing, they present hype.

It's a known and well used work around. :guitarist 2:

Kinda like the Republicans and Health Care. :duck: :ignore:

The other thing is, and I'll steal part of an old cliche', Fool me once! I'm not going to wait on the edge of my seat while Yamaha gradually leaks tiny tidbits of information on a new model, again. Their secrecy/hype/grand unveiling tactic is quite stale with me, I still have the taste of nut-clad feces on the back of my tongue from their last marketing stunt.

You guys want a power tourer?! another VENTURE!! YEA!!! AWESOME!!! V4 BABY!!! POWER/PERFORMANCE! VENTURE!!! Fixed fairing slice the wind at 130 all day long! do or die!! wait for it, waaait for it.... keep waiting... wait some more... wait... we said wait..... there, now take this Road King instead :buttkick:

Instead of a video with guys posing in leather describing why motorcycling is great (Yamaha, we got that) they could open with some actual information on the motor, options, chassis, or what other existing models it will compete with/supersede.

I will be following this from a novelty standpoint but I'm afraid Yamaha squandered any real chance of selling me any bike newer than the RZ500 I have my eye on. I wish I could just tell Yamaha to stop with all the advertising gimmicks and overproduced videos telling us nothing. Just tell us what we're waiting for, we're all adults here, to much to ask?

Tourists area almost gone, time to take the Venture off into the hills and enjoy! :sun:

I agree completely.

Mike

Reminds me of when I bought a Mark VIII Lincoln. I received a video from Cadillac showing a well groomed guy yuppie driving a Cadillac Eldorado. Not one technical detail was provided in the video. I guess I was supposed to say, "Wow, that guy looks cool driving his Eldorado. I want to be like him." NOT! It didn't work!