IGNORED

Something else new is coming next week....

videoarizona

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Du-Ron, my Brother,

You are seriously hindering my chances of winning this debate i have going with Puc Meister. LOL!!!!

Big Lenny

Keep it up Duey,,, this ol geezer needs ALL the :sign67: he can get!! Besides,, you are my brother too :beer::fishin::biker:

Wait a minute! Pucster, Doesn't Vaz's post lean toward a confirmation that the extended warranty will act just like the factory warranty, which in turn makes me +1 on our discussion?

Big Lenny

To quote my mentor = Curly Howard = "Why sortanlee" BUT - IMHO = only if Vaz actually used that extended warranty, preferably at an out of town dealership in a crisis situation, to actually find out whether or not it did in fact perform like a factory warranty would have.. IMHO = having a piece of paper that says "we are gonna do such and such" is totally different than having the people who wrote that on said piece of paper actually do what they said they were gonna do.. Am I makin sense brother or is this hot dog I'm chewing on causing me slur my words :178:

Puc,

Thanks for the link. Thats a good first look article. It did mention in the article that it was competing against the Harley Road Glide Ultra, as I had mentioned before.

FYI: There was no Suzuki advertisement on my screen when I read the article. A Chevron ad followed me all the way down the page. What was the word Suzuki used?

Big Lenny

:doh:,, just reclicked on it,, gone for me too,,, there was a Suzuki ad there with a picture of a guy on a dirt bike and the caption read "The Journey Begins Here" :rotf:

Ooops....:Avatars_Gee_George:
No Ooops... Make that a :happy34:

Vaz,, did you ever attempt to use it??

Are you kidding me? Grins! It's a Yamaha!!

In 2 years... never a burp. In fact, The darn scoot ran perfectly for over 11K miles, then sold last month. Gas, oil, filters, tires and plugs. Not to shabby for a 2009 VStar 950 Tourer!

But no...never even had a chance.

Here is the link for the YES Plans. Yamaha Extended Service Plans....

http://www.yamaha-motor-yes.com/benefits.jsp?target=000

Now, if memory serves, I was covered for all mechanical failures, trip interruption, towing... to be repaired at no cost to me for labor or parts....by any dealer in the USA. There was no deduction and no limit. It covered mechanical failures like the factory warrantee did. Exclusions included tires, brake pads....in other words, parts that wear out normally. Conditions were I needed to maintain the scoot as per Yamaha's specs in the owner's manual. So I documented my oil changes, etc...

The Dealer said it's just like the normal warrantee, difference is....it's a "you pay for it" extended service contract.

Shame, I just threw out the contract a few days ago, since I sold the scoot.....otherwise I could have PDF'd it and put it in the archives.

Edited by videoarizona
clarify

Are you kidding me? Grins! It's a Yamaha!!

In 2 years... never a burp. In fact, The darn scoot ran perfectly for over 11K miles, then sold last month. Gas, oil, filters, tires and plugs. Not to shabby for a 2009 VStar 950 Tourer

But no...never even had a chance.

I just wanted to "quote" this so BigLenny would not miss what you wrote Vaz!! I think this finding constitutes another + for the Pucster so now,, unless Lenny promptly objects:

+2 for Puc

Now another point.. INDEED Vaz,, I too can attest to Yamaha's being the absolute BEST of the BEST!! I also know that the motorcycling community as a whole, 100% agrees with us on this point as Yamaha still holds top honor in this category - there is not another machine that even stands close.. Now,, that said,,, and I hope Lenny is reading this,,, we are talking about the 5 year warranty,, 1 year factory + 4 year still questionable cause none of us really know how it works service contract warranty, on a 1st year scoot.. Considering that this is a new model and,, as we know (we can debate this too if we want - I have a pretty good supply of factual supportive evidence to support my side of this one if we wanna go there) - even Mom Yam is prone to have issues with 1st year new models.. Fact is,, I think having issues with 1st year models is so well known and so highly possible that Mom Yam really should have made that 5 year warranty a FULL Factory warranty instead of copping out and marketing the bike as having a 5 year warranty when in fact, it has a 1 year warranty and a 4 year service contract.. So,, unless we want to debate the case as to whether or not Mom Yam has this one fully sorted (might want to consider Moms current "hold" on delivery and/or watch the video I will post again below that shows what might be the reason why she decided not to ship BEFORE you make that decision) - I think this deserves yet another + for Puc..

So,, what do we got,,, lets see:

+2 for Puc

+, +1 for Puc

----------------

+3 for Puc

:big-grin-emoticon:

Just a small taste of my arsenal:

I just wanted to "quote" this so BigLenny would not miss what you wrote Vaz!! I think this finding constitutes another + for the Pucster so now,, unless Lenny promptly objects:

+2 for Puc

Now another point.. INDEED Vaz,, I too can attest to Yamaha's being the absolute BEST of the BEST!! I also know that the motorcycling community as a whole, 100% agrees with us on this point as Yamaha still holds top honor in this category - there is not another machine that even stands close.. Now,, that said,,, and I hope Lenny is reading this,,, we are talking about the 5 year warranty,, 1 year factory + 4 year still questionable cause none of us really know how it works service contract warranty, on a 1st year scoot.. Considering that this is a new model and,, as we know (we can debate this too if we want - I have a pretty good supply of factual supportive evidence to support my side of this one if we wanna go there) - even Mom Yam is prone to have issues with 1st year new models.. Fact is,, I think having issues with 1st year models is so well known and so highly possible that Mom Yam really should have made that 5 year warranty a FULL Factory warranty instead of copping out and marketing the bike as having a 5 year warranty when in fact, it has a 1 year warranty and a 4 year service contract.. So,, unless we want to debate the case as to whether or not Mom Yam has this one fully sorted (might want to consider Moms current "hold" on delivery and/or watch the video I will post again below that shows what might be the reason why she decided not to ship BEFORE you make that decision) - I think this deserves yet another + for Puc..

So,, what do we got,,, lets see:

+2 for Puc

+, +1 for Puc

----------------

+3 for Puc

:big-grin-emoticon:

BUT, Pucster...what's the difference? From my memory of what I had with the YES contract, All Yamaha is doing is paying for your extended warrantee on the new scoot. And a 4 year extended warrantee has got to be "lots O bux"!

Doesn't this warrantee thingie still beat the competition??

Or are we talking semantics here? :confused07: :icon_lurker:

Here is the link for the YES Plans. Yamaha Extended Service Plans....

http://www.yamaha-motor-yes.com/benefits.jsp?target=000

Now, if memory serves, I was covered for all mechanical failures, trip interruption, towing... to be repaired at no cost to me for labor or parts....by any dealer in the USA. There was no deduction and no limit. It covered mechanical failures like the factory warrantee did. Exclusions included tires, brake pads....in other words, parts that wear out normally. Conditions were I needed to maintain the scoot as per Yamaha's specs in the owner's manual. So I documented my oil changes, etc...

The Dealer said it's just like the normal warrantee, difference is....it's a "you pay for it" extended service contract.

Shame, I just threw out the contract a few days ago, since I sold the scoot.....otherwise I could have PDF'd it and put it in the archives.[/quote

I think the answer to the big question concerning actual value of this product is going to be discovered in finding out whether or not Yamaha = as in the factory = is actually underwriting this extended service contract warranty.. I have personally seen it over and over again where once the factory warranty is out of the picture and an outside source is responsible for actually carrying out the actions quoted on the paper the whole thing becomes a worthless heap of quagmire and so bad so that the victim (person who was trusting the wholesomeness of the service contract) can find himself in a very very dire situation..

Picture a guy on his way home to California from Sturgis on his 4 year old Harley who has spent the big bucks for the extended.. Tip, Tweeks and Puc spot him standing in a ditch with his gorgeous scoot sitting on the roadside with a puddle of oil under it.. Dennis (the victim) is redder than a tomato and, after sucking down a half gallon of water that was on Tweeks side, starts to tell us we are the 1st REAL bikers he has met as all of his buddies from HOG wouldnt even acknowledge his presence as they rode by in droves.. After pointing at that beat up, sticker covered Yamaha and laughing cause this man in need just called us three real bikers:hihi:,, and telling him that it appeared his HD had suffered catastrophic failure due to cam chain tensioner issues - he informed me that his bike had experienced something similar to this before he left home and that the "service contract" people would absolutely NOT allow updated parts or pay for the labor of install of them should he pursue it so he had to allow it to be rebuilt with substandard parts.. NOW THIS = a ruined trip.. Plus,, that rebuild was a one time shot under warranty so now he was not only experiencing the tramua what was coming his way on finding a way home from SD BUT, any additional damage now aquired internally on his motor was on his dime (and judging by what I saw,,, like the crack in the case to the right of the cam chest cavity)...

This is an example of why, IMHO, it is important to find out whether or not its the factory backing the warranty - again,, IMHO..

OK, all you guys discussing the warranty, just how many of you will actually BUY either the Venture or the RSTD wanna-be???

Geez, this place is starting to be like Facebook...

Now thats a good point Bongo that I never really thought about.. Maybe what we need is a stated criteria for discussing the new Venture here on VR, no debating just cause we have interest in the subject matter,,, gotta actually intend on purchasing one... Kind of agree with you,, its way to easy for stuff to get out of hand!! :happy34:

Although not a Face Book user, I have been reading on lots of other sites and, as you said, they have the pro's and con's debate happening too. Some sites like the defunct Victory site actually has a much higher interest in the Venture and stronger debate happening then even the few folks here who have interest.. I noticed over there on their site they do have a running poll though that shows 70% interested in possibly purchasing so, even though they are not an actual Yamaha Venture site like ours where one would think the higher rate of folks :stickpoke: would be, they have a stronger legit basis for doing so..

Gotta admit, in all honesty and fairness, I personally at this point in my life I have no interest in purchasing any new scoot, none, nada,, not even slightly.. I just been :witch_brew: and :stickpoke: and even demoing and stuff cause I enjoy bikes and have a vested interest in the Venture... You do make a very valid point though and I promise I will try to :motorcyclehelmet: and yak about other things that I am actually planning on purchasing,, :scratchchin:,, like dinner that Tip and I are thinking of going out for!! :witch_brew::hihi:

Heard about a joint that has Walleye and Shrimp full dinner specials for 8 bucks!!!!! Gonna go chase one down :fishin::happy34:

I think the answer to the big question concerning actual value of this product is going to be discovered in finding out whether or not Yamaha = as in the factory = is actually underwriting this extended service contract warranty.. I have personally seen it over and over again where once the factory warranty is out of the picture and an outside source is responsible for actually carrying out the actions quoted on the paper the whole thing becomes a worthless heap of quagmire and so bad so that the victim (person who was trusting the wholesomeness of the service contract) can find himself in a very very dire situation..

((Snip))

This is an example of why, IMHO, it is important to find out whether or not its the factory backing the warranty - again,, IMHO..

I agree. We just don't know enough at this point.

But I'm "hoping" Yamaha will continue to live up to it's honesty as it has over the years. For me, they honored my asking for help by providing parts for free when my out of warrantee Street scrambler caught fire. I was able to rebuild the scoot, at the dealership (mechanics came over to help when they could) and all was well with the world...until I got shipped overseas and had to sell the scoot!

BUT, Pucster...what's the difference? From my memory of what I had with the YES contract, All Yamaha is doing is paying for your extended warrantee on the new scoot. And a 4 year extended warrantee has got to be "lots O bux"!

Doesn't this warrantee thingie still beat the competition??

Or are we talking semantics here? :confused07: :icon_lurker:

Vaz, Thats the very point I'm trying to make! It's a 5 year warranty! That makes it better than any other offer out there. Whew! This reminds me of my days when I was a Sunday go to meetin guy. Folks used to really get into the deep woods arguing about how many persons are in the Godhead, whether there is 1, 2, or 3 up there. They were all saying the same thing, but splainin it different! Bout drove me crazy! LOL.

I just finished reading the entire YES contract. Nowhere in the documents does it mention that it is a warranty that is backed by an outside of Yamaha contractor. It does, however, state that it IS backed by Yamaha. This is a major difference than when you are buying a car (as somebody had compared this to). When you buy a car, and then you buy an extended warranty that is owned and back by the manufacturer, the warranty paperwork will actually have the verbiage that is a Ford, GM, Nissan, etc, warranty. But, sometimes, dealerships will try to make extra profit by selling a warranty that is owned by an outside entity, and that warranty paperwork will actually have the name of the warranty company you will be working with attached to it.

Puc, by Vaz asking you the question "what's the difference?", he is solidifying the case that the bottom line is, there is a 5 year warranty on the bike, while the competition doesn't have that. And by make that case, Vaz has simultaneously snatch the +2 and +1 that you gave yourself, and returned it to it's rightful owner................Big Lenny. LOL!

OK, all you guys discussing the warranty, just how many of you will actually BUY either the Venture or the RSTD wanna-be???

Now, see there Bongo? See whatcha did? You went and brought a "reasonable question" into this mess and threw the whole dang conversation off the tracks. LOL.

Hey Puc!!! what kinda dessert did you and Tip get with your walleye and shrimp plate?

WRONG NITE!! Special dont happen till tomorrow so it was a Fried Chicken evening!!:fatsmiley:

P.S. - Moose Tracks ice cream sprinkled lightly with some really special chocolate chips that I love.. Its those chocolate chips that are "Cookies and Cream".. Ever had em?? I love em all by themselves = sleep walk in the middle of the night when I get up to pee (they reduced my bladder capacity to about 2 oz's when they yanked that tumor so I gotta get up a lot at night) and dump some in a small bowl and munch em while watching a middle of the night episode of Gunsmoke = THE PERFECT SNACK!!

Back to the ice cream dessert.. Topped off with some slices of nanners and straw berries.. No whipped cream though cause I am back on a diet...

Good dinner but now that you made me explain all that I cant wait to try the Walleye tomorrow... :big-grin-emoticon:

I was actually going to buy a Venture. Had my checkbook all primed. Figured it would be the last heavy bike I would ever own cause the knees are not what they used to be. Then... I found it was not at all what I was wanting. So... no go for me. I am, believe it or not, since Victory is belly-up, FORCED to look at a Harley or Indian as my last heavy bike.

On the warranty thing, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... you know. The only reason for a "Service Contract" is because, no matter how it is debated, a "Service Contract" is better for the manufacturer as it gives them some outs in unforeseen circumstances to the customers detriment. The legal eagles make it that way on purpose.

If a 1 year Warranty + 4 year service contract was as good as a 5 year warranty... then it would be called a warranty for 5 years and make the manufacturer, no matter how honorable or not, responsible under severable federal law for 5 years.

Heck, I don't think a 5 year warranty on a 27K purchase is too much to ask. I was really impressed that Yamaha offered it on my RSV and I expect them to go forward, not backward on their policies.

:rant:

Vaz, Thats the very point I'm trying to make! It's a 5 year warranty! That makes it better than any other offer out there. Whew! This reminds me of my days when I was a Sunday go to meetin guy. Folks used to really get into the deep woods arguing about how many persons are in the Godhead, whether there is 1, 2, or 3 up there. They were all saying the same thing, but splainin it different! Bout drove me crazy! LOL.

I just finished reading the entire YES contract. Nowhere in the documents does it mention that it is a warranty that is backed by an outside of Yamaha contractor. It does, however, state that it IS backed by Yamaha. This is a major difference than when you are buying a car (as somebody had compared this to). When you buy a car, and then you buy an extended warranty that is owned and back by the manufacturer, the warranty paperwork will actually have the verbiage that is a Ford, GM, Nissan, etc, warranty. But, sometimes, dealerships will try to make extra profit by selling a warranty that is owned by an outside entity, and that warranty paperwork will actually have the name of the warranty company you will be working with attached to it.

Puc, by Vaz asking you the question "what's the difference?", he is solidifying the case that the bottom line is, there is a 5 year warranty on the bike, while the competition doesn't have that. And by make that case, Vaz has simultaneously snatch the +2 and +1 that you gave yourself, and returned it to it's rightful owner................Big Lenny. LOL!

Tell ya what Lenny,, Bongo makes a good point,, think I am gonna give ya this one and call a treaty on the discussion.. I had no idea all this debate was actually causing issue for some and that is not my intent = just not that important IMHO.. On the same token though,, lets you and I get together sometime,, build us a real fire with real hot dogs,,, plop our feet out front of us and take back off like a couple of grumpy ol :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::stickpoke: buddies and have it out = winner take all (all being the left over Hot Dog,,, even if it is a little crunchy cause neither of us were paying attention to it cookin :rasberry:)...

Tell ya what Lenny,, Bongo makes a good point,, think I am gonna give ya this one and call a treaty on the discussion.. I had no idea all this debate was actually causing issue for some and that is not my intent = just not that important IMHO.. On the same token though,, lets you and I get together sometime,, build us a real fire with real hot dogs,,, plop our feet out front of us and take back off like a couple of grumpy ol :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::stickpoke: buddies and have it out = winner take all (all being the left over Hot Dog,,, even if it is a little crunchy cause neither of us were paying attention to it cookin :rasberry:)...

Pucster, You and I both know we were just pokin fun at each other, but I fully agree with your decision to call a truce to this debate. Sure don't wanna cause any undo angst among the fellow family members.

Now, I might just hafta plan me a trip up to that gorgeous region of the country called Michigan (Indian word meaning God's Country), and take you up on an old fashioned, hot dog grubbin, debate to end all debates. LOL. Truthfully though, I'm not much interested in the debate part. It's the visiting, and the HOT DOGS that will be like a moth to a light for me. I'm 6'6", and 300lbs. It takes a lotta fuel to motivate this bag o bones, you better pack a few more dogs when I come to town.

Big Lenny

Instead of a video with guys posing in leather describing why motorcycling is great (Yamaha, we got that) they could open with some actual information on the motor, options, chassis, or what other existing models it will compete with/supersede.

I get what your saying and am inclined to agree, but at the same time I think due to dwindling sales they are trying to appeal to the none riders and get them interested. Seasoned bikers will generally dig into stuff for them selves since they already know what biking and touring is about.

WRONG NITE!!

P.S. - Moose Tracks ice cream sprinkled lightly with some really special chocolate chips that I love.. Its those chocolate chips that are "Cookies and Cream".. Ever had em??...too much information... Topped off with some slices of nanners and straw berries.. No whipped cream though cause I am back on a diet...

Good dinner but now that you made me explain all that I cant wait to try the Walleye tomorrow... :big-grin-emoticon:

Nothing better than a plate of walleye unless its a second plate full.

So, back to the ice cream. Oh ya, I've had Moose Tracks a few times, not sure I've had it with extra chocolate chips. sounds good!!! nanner and strawberries sounds like a plus+++

Here's my favorite icecream. Snickers flavor icecream. mmm.

510-113713-Blasts_Snickers_300x300.jpg