IGNORED

Something else new is coming next week....

videoarizona

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mom Yam

If you are monitoring this thread please jump back to post #9 herein and note that, while being able to continue eluding the masses in their ability to predict or even remotely understand your reasoning for the introduction of your 2018 V-Twin, belt drive, air cooled "touring" bikes,, your wayward son here in Michigan is no longer being eluded..

Proven by my amazingly accurate prophetic prediction back in number 9. I simply put into action everything you taught me thru the years about avoiding being eluded and, even though I was intitially thrown off the trail at the unveiling in New York by you putting the model name "Venture" that was built upon your mighty V-4 platform onto a V-Twin scoot , I am now clearly back on track in my ability to avoid being eluded.. THANK YOU!!

Mom,, I want you to know that my self confidence has also returned. So much so that, while eluding your eluding ways and KNOWING that I was right in my prediction that you were going to continue chasing HD and go after their Street Glide market, I stopped at a Harley shop last weekend and picked up a copy of the introduction to their 2018 line up. Knowing HD would have their MSRP stated clearly in that catalog (you taught me eluding avoidance so well, HD gave up trying to elude me a long time ago) I brought one home just so I could snap some pics of those prices for you.

Internally, similar to Polaris with that bike they are doing the same thing with - you know, the one with the fairing that looks like a sheet of plywood with lights painted on it, I knew you were going to attempt a toe to toe stand with The Motor Company on comparable models.. After looking at the MSRP on this Street Glide market clone - I am very glad I did.. I have a hunch that you have dropped your professional marketing staff (more on why the reason for that doesnt elude me either in a second) so please take a peek at the attached pics and note those MSRP quotes from HD.. Upon doing so you will probably note that you, like Polaris has done, have actually priced these new machines above and beyond that of the competitor you are trying to take customers from,, did those numbers elude you?

I am sure realizing that The Motor Company has been able to produce low budget, extremely low RnD cost, very simple in design and concept (right out of the early 1900's as a matter of fact) motorcycles and sell them at prices that even an exotic Auto Manufacturer would be jealous of is unnerving. Ya gotta not let this get to you Mom, fact is, the reasoning for their ability to do so has eluded master marketeers for years - even to the point that some would say that HD's pathway to success in this great eluding is the Worlds 8th wonder..

I know and am sure that by copying HD's methods and finding you no longer need to employ Marketeers and RnD staff of your own (probably even were able to be rid of 70% of manufacturing staff as producing air cooled V-Twin's is that much easier) because it would seem that just doing what ever HD is doing and all will be well probably seems right.. Mom,, I think you may want to listen to your son in Michigan and dont continue in that practice - don't elude yourself..

What I am eluding too is this.. Take a real close look at the MSRP prices in the pics.. Come in at 30% lower than comparable scoots of the HD line on these new ones but, understand that even at that - big twin air cooled buyers are usually not effected by $$'s = means nothing to them (thats the great eluding fact = theres way more to the HD phenomenon of being able to get into peoples pockets than eluded to) - you will probably still have a hard time clearing out the product like you did with the Strats/Roadliners/Raiders/Warriors and Roadies.. Dont give up,, once ya clear em out,, hire your RnD guys back, fire who ever came over from Victory with visions of that fairing look that eludes a lot of people, grab the prints on the water cooled 1700cc V-Max and get to work producing a touring machine that will blow past an 1800 Gold Wing like the 1st Gen Ventures would dust off the Gold Wings of their day and age.. Drop a sexy fixed wing fairing on it ONLY put it on a rail system so it opens like the hood of a car exposing EVERYTHING from air breather to spark plugs = making it the easiest touring bike on the planet to work on.. Focus on ease of maintenance across the board so real touring people dont have to waste a week of their touring vacation just to get an oil change... In other words,, return to your roots,, build something for us that REALLY does turn the touring world upside down!!

Do you get what I am eluding to?

Your eluding son

Puc

DSCN5841.JPG

DSCN5842.JPG

DSCN5843.JPG

DSCN5845.JPG

Edited by cowpuc

WOW! This is gonna get interesting! I would almost bet that this bike will sell more than the Venture, given the fact that there are a ton more bagger riders out there than there are full boat touring riders. The list price on these bikes, as well as the Venture is certainly an issue with us who are traditional Japanese bike purchasers. But, Yamaha will get the price down where it is considerably less than the sticker. They'll start offering substantial rebates and incentives to get the pricing down where it needs to be.

When you're a seller of products, it's marketing 101 to start high on your price, and work your way down as the market presents the need. If you start your asking price substantially lower than the major competitors, you have voluntarily given up profit that you might have been able to make. And, the other thing you risk is; appearing to be a cheaper built product that your competitor has. That is what I think has happened to the Kawasaki Voyager. When it came to the market, it was so under priced, it raised the question of if it was built with less quality than the other bikes.

Now, to address the Harley comparison that our wisest of ol sages, Your Highness The Pucster, made in the previous post:

Comparing it to the standard Road Glide, and Street Glide models is certainly a discussion that can be had, however, this new Yamaha entry is identically marketed at the 2018 Road Glide Special, with all of the blacked out wheels, frames, exhaust, and a bunch of other matte black trim that both the Harley and Yamaha bike are offering. So, having said that, right off the bat, when you look at the page on the HD site that has the 2018 Road Glide Special, it clearly says, "Starting at $26.299.00" That is $2300.00 above the new 2018 Yamaha Star Eluder. I didn't get into the meat and potatoes too much, but at quick glance, I noticed the Harley doesn't offer that bike with lower fairing trim, which we all know is not only a benefit for traveling in bad weather, but offers more storage room.

Pricing:

The 2018 Yamaha Star Eluder GT is listed at $23,999.00. That includes everything.

The 2018 HD Road Glide Special is listed at $26,299.00, but choosing a standard color bumps it to $26,799.00. (If you choose the hard candy paint it bumps it to $29,299.00).

This initially results in a difference of $2800.00 in price between these two bikes with standard paint. However, there is one final difference, and in a lot of folks minds it will make a difference in there purchasing decision: Warranty! I called the local HD dealer, and they very kindly informed me that a brand new HD comes with a 2 year unlimited mile warranty. I asked them what could I expect to pay out of pocket if I wanted to extend that warranty to 5 years? Their answer was it would cost approximately $3000.00.

That pushes the difference in these two bikes to $5800.00 if you compare apples to apples. Of course there are a ton of folks that will flop down the extra $5800.00 so they can be accepted as being a member of the HD cult. But, I would guess, there are plenty of fiscally minded folks that will opt for the Yammy.

FYI: If the choice was to go with a bat wing bike instead of the fixed wing of the Road Glide, the 2018 HD Street Glide Special lists for $25,999.00, so, it would be roughly $5500.00 more than the 2018 Star Eluder GT, once you add the extended warranty.

Just my thoughts.

Big Lenny

WOW! This is gonna get interesting! I would almost bet that this bike will sell more than the Venture, given the fact that there are a ton more bagger riders out there than there are full boat touring riders. The list price on these bikes, as well as the Venture is certainly an issue with us who are traditional Japanese bike purchasers. But, Yamaha will get the price down where it is considerably less than the sticker. They'll start offering substantial rebates and incentives to get the pricing down where it needs to be.

When you're a seller of products, it's marketing 101 to start high on your price, and work your way down as the market presents the need. If you start your asking price substantially lower than the major competitors, you have voluntarily given up profit that you might have been able to make. And, the other thing you risk is; appearing to be a cheaper built product that your competitor has. That is what I think has happened to the Kawasaki Voyager. When it came to the market, it was so under priced, it raised the question of if it was built with less quality than the other bikes.

Now, to address the Harley comparison that our wisest of ol sages, Your Highness The Pucster, made in the previous post:

Comparing it to the standard Road Glide, and Street Glide models is certainly a discussion that can be had, however, this new Yamaha entry is identically marketed at the 2018 Road Glide Special, with all of the blacked out wheels, frames, exhaust, and a bunch of other matte black trim that both the Harley and Yamaha bike are offering. So, having said that, right off the bat, when you look at the page on the HD site that has the 2018 Road Glide Special, it clearly says, "Starting at $26.299.00" That is $2300.00 above the new 2018 Yamaha Star Eluder. I didn't get into the meat and potatoes too much, but at quick glance, I noticed the Harley doesn't offer that bike with lower fairing trim, which we all know is not only a benefit for traveling in bad weather, but offers more storage room.

Pricing:

The 2018 Yamaha Star Eluder GT is listed at $23,999.00. That includes everything.

The 2018 HD Road Glide Special is listed at $26,299.00, but choosing a standard color bumps it to $26,799.00. (If you choose the hard candy paint it bumps it to $29,299.00).

This initially results in a difference of $2800.00 in price between these two bikes with standard paint. However, there is one final difference, and in a lot of folks minds it will make a difference in there purchasing decision: Warranty! I called the local HD dealer, and they very kindly informed me that a brand new HD comes with a 2 year unlimited mile warranty. I asked them what could I expect to pay out of pocket if I wanted to extend that warranty to 5 years? Their answer was it would cost approximately $3000.00.

That pushes the difference in these two bikes to $5800.00 if you compare apples to apples. Of course there are a ton of folks that will flop down the extra $5800.00 so they can be accepted as being a member of the HD cult. But, I would guess, there are plenty of fiscally minded folks that will opt for the Yammy.

FYI: If the choice was to go with a bat wing bike instead of the fixed wing of the Road Glide, the 2018 HD Street Glide Special lists for $25,999.00, so, it would be roughly $5500.00 more than the 2018 Star Eluder GT, once you add the extended warranty.

Just my thoughts.

Big Lenny

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :thumbsup: Love the way you think!!

NICE LENNY!! Dad gum flat out NICE JOB!! Only thing that could be better would be if you and I were sitting around a camp fire,, some where out on the South Dakota prairie with our feet propped up and burning hot dogs while we're :stickpoke::stickpoke::witch_brew::witch_brew: this out = WHAT A BLAST!!

Not to change the subject but it used to be there would be no less than a hundred of us doing exactly that.. Now look,, it appears its just down to you and me:puzzled:....

Anyway,, this :stickpoke::stickpoke:,, :essen_024:,, aint over ya lop eared well versed touring scoot loving varmint,,,,, just gotta give the geezer a chance to do some ciphering (back is tired from bending over using my toes to try to keep up with ya) BUT - ye be warned,, I aint out of hot dogs yet!!!!! :beer::sun1:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :thumbsup: Love the way you think!!

NICE LENNY!! Dad gum flat out NICE JOB!! Only thing that could be better would be if you and I were sitting around a camp fire,, some where out on the South Dakota prairie with our feet propped up and burning hot dogs while we're :stickpoke::stickpoke::witch_brew::witch_brew: this out = WHAT A BLAST!!

Not to change the subject but it used to be there would be no less than a hundred of us doing exactly that.. Now look,, it appears its just down to you and me:puzzled:....

Anyway,, this :stickpoke::stickpoke:,, :essen_024:,, aint over ya lop eared well versed touring scoot loving varmint,,,,, just gotta give the geezer a chance to do some ciphering (back is tired from bending over using my toes to try to keep up with ya) BUT - ye be warned,, I aint out of hot dogs yet!!!!! :beer::sun1:

Pucster, it is an honor and a pleasure to see your complementary words. Especially knowing how truly feeble the gray matter is that floats around in this old noggin of mine. However, my self esteem will be fleeting, because I know as sure as the wind blows in South Dakota, I can count on you to be returning with a well thought out angle to this subject that will blow my observations right down the river, never to be seen again. I can just picture you right now, even as i'm typing this, you are sitting on your couch, laptop perched perfectly in front of you, your fingers twitching over the keys on the keyboard, waiting for those perfect words to flow right through that big ol brain of yours, so you can bring the wisdom needed to this conversation.

I will take you up on the hotdog offer, though.

HAve to add some things to the HD to make up for what it lacks as standard equipment. ABS for one.....that's $800 clams.

But it really isn't about the money, in my thinking, it's about the value, durability and the ride....

I was never one to concern myself with status. Not in my vehicles, my work tools, my clothes or anything else for that matter.

I'm concerned with value for my hard earned cash. Yamaha has never failed to give me that. Not in music, in stereos, in motorcycles.....

Just my thoughts.

Big Lenny

Lenny,

The way I read the Yamaha warranty it is 1 year factory warranty plus 4 year extended warranty. I believe that 4 year extended warranty has to be purchased, so may not be cheaper than the HD on this point. That said the sale brochures for the 2018's didn't list a price for that extended warranty, so maybe I'm wrong to think this? Is that 4yr extended warranty included in the price?

Pucster, it is an honor and a pleasure to see your complementary words. Especially knowing how truly feeble the gray matter is that floats around in this old noggin of mine. However, my self esteem will be fleeting, because I know as sure as the wind blows in South Dakota, I can count on you to be returning with a well thought out angle to this subject that will blow my observations right down the river, never to be seen again. I can just picture you right now, even as i'm typing this, you are sitting on your couch, laptop perched perfectly in front of you, your fingers twitching over the keys on the keyboard, waiting for those perfect words to flow right through that big ol brain of yours, so you can bring the wisdom needed to this conversation.

I will take you up on the hotdog offer, though.

Toss another log on the fire,,, grab the martian mellows and the hershy bars cause I am preparing for smore (:rasberry:) action Lenny.. Just to be fair and giving ya another chance to sharpen your :stickpoke: stick,, here's another article I just bumped into for investigative purposes:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2018-yamaha-star-eluder-bagger-first-look-review

On a side note,, as you scroll down to read the article - note the advertisement words that those folks at Suzuki chose to use = 1/4 page down = right side... Look familiar:icon_smile_question

Lenny,

The way I read the Yamaha warranty it is 1 year factory warranty plus 4 year extended warranty. I believe that 4 year extended warranty has to be purchased, so may not be cheaper than the HD on this point. That said the sale brochures for the 2018's didn't list a price for that extended warranty, so maybe I'm wrong to think this? Is that 4yr extended warranty included in the price?

My reckoleck on that is,, at least from what the factory guys in Sturgis told me,, the 5 year warranty is in fact 1 factory and 4 extended service contract BUT - they both come with the purchase of the scoot and are not separable - the bike comes with 5 years of warranty.. IMHO,, Yamaha has always had the best warranty on the market,, seconded by Honda by definitely seconded.. I have watched HD song and dance their way around many issues with both myself (years ago had a brand new Low Rider and not to long ago brand new Buell) and with friends brand new scoots (current/present day = LOTS of problems in honoring warrantys) and have personally watched Polaris do even worse then Harley (watched our local Polaris Dealer kick Polaris to the curb because of this).

I grew up with a VERY honorable, trustworthy Yamaha shop in the area. The people who owned it were amazing and, bar none - if you had problems with a Yamaha while it was under Warranty - they covered it and dealt with Mom Yam...

This new breed of warranty (extended service contracts) may be a whole new animal - no idea about that - but if Yamaha handles it like they have their factory warrantys = I think Lenny makes a very very good point with his warranty debate...

+1 = Lenny IMHO:big-grin-emoticon:

Ya Puc. Although I didn't have to use my 5yr warranty on the new 2008 RSTD I bought, it was good knowing I had it.

I wonder why Yamaha says 1year factory warranty plus 4 years Extended Service. I think they should clarify what that means.

Ya Puc. Although I didn't have to use my 5yr warranty on the new 2008 RSTD I bought, it was good knowing I had it.

I wonder why Yamaha says 1year factory warranty plus 4 years Extended Service. I think they should clarify what that means.

I am sure they are paying the tab for an outside insurance agency to underwrite the service contract instead of carrying it in house.. Definitely wayyy cheaper I am sure.. That being the case, they (yamaha) can fall back on the underwriter of the service contract if there are issues and force you to deal with the insurance company instead of debating issues with their customers.. Sort of like how home owners insurance companies hire outside claims adjusters to handle claims = the claims adjuster can freely turn down a claim with no reprisals toward the Insurance Company as its not actually the Insurance Company who is turning ya down,, its the Claims Adjuster... Song and dance and when it happens,, the little guy always looses unless,, of course,, in the end,, the manufacturer steps up to the plate (which Mom Yam might do) and accept responsibility but,, legally they dont have to..

Learned all this the hard way...

Another note:

I heard about a company,, dealership I think - not a company,, who was selling EVERYTHING with a life time warranty.. Think it was a Polaris Indian shop in Minnisota - maybe.. Anyway,, their deal was - whether you wanted it or not - a lifetime warranty was given with all new bikes.. Of course,, this lifetime warranty was NOT a ""factory warranty"" - it was/is an ""extended warranty service contract"" = two totally COMPLETELY different critters..

Ya know, this would be a really good topic for a whole new thread.. Maybe even something that could be pinned somewhere.. These service contract warranties are getting to be extremely popular in the large capital expenditure vehicle world and it would be great to watch and hear how folks experiences unfold as they try to use them.. I know that I have had very bad experiences with this same type of idea,, more of a scam than a warranty IMHO, with places like Best Buy when dealing with Computers... Things aren't always what one reads in those extended service contract warranties IMHO - now adays even the best of sales persons in those joints cant sell me an extended warranty .. Be a shame to trust something like that on a cross country trip when your miles from home and urgently need help only to find out that it was a known fact the extended warranty service contract you were trusting wasnt worth the paper it was written on (could work the other way though) = just some thoughts..

*** Considering the logic behind what I just wrote and knowing that Harley Davidson does have a full 2 year FACTORY warranty on their bikes and Mom Yam's FACTORY warranty is only half of that,, I am gonna have to change the standings with my debate with @Big Lenny:

Now its:

+1 Puc:big-grin-emoticon:

should have quit while you were ahead ya lop eared Lenny varmint :witch_brew: = the fire under that pot is perfect - pass me another dog will ya :witch_brew::guitarist 2::happy65:

Edited by cowpuc

Many times the "extended" warranty has a reduced coverage. So say the factory 1 yr covers front to back. The extended, may not cover clutch components as they are a "wear" item. Even if it completely goes FUBAR. And it ends up being say the springs or diaphragm not so called wear parts.

When I bought my VStar 950T from a dealer in Tucson, it was over one year old but only had 800 miles. Guy had bought it and promptly traded it in for the 1300 as it was bigger and fit him better.

I asked for and got Yamaha's Extended 2 year warrantee...for free. It covered everything the factory warrantee did and was honored at all Yamaha dealerships.

I "assume" this is the same thing. As Puc suggests, it may have different wording as to how they cover things, but it still will be a Yamaha warrantee. And that says something!

But I would suggest if this concerns you, ask them.

When I bought my VStar 950T from a dealer in Tucson, it was over one year old but only had 800 miles. Guy had bought it and promptly traded it in for the 1300 as it was bigger and fit him better.

I asked for and got Yamaha's Extended 2 year warrantee...for free. It covered everything the factory warrantee did and was honored at all Yamaha dealerships.

I "assume" this is the same thing. As Puc suggests, it may have different wording as to how they cover things, but it still will be a Yamaha warrantee. And that says something!

See,, that right there is very important info IMHO... @Freebird or someone who knows the clubs forums well, is there a place where this discussion could be permanently adapted or,, is there a place where it already exists.. I may be stepping way off in lahh lahh land here (just clip my cord if I am) but the experience Vaz (and many many others I am sure) have had with this mixed bag of warranty stuff, understanding how it works (if it does work) and all that could/should/might not be a bad idea to have it a permanent part of our club...

Any of that idea make sense?? Maybe,, maybe not,, just thinking out loud,, please dont put me back on probation with Yammer Boss....

Vaz,, did you ever attempt to use it??

Dear Mom Yam

If you are monitoring this thread please jump back to post #9 herein and note that, while being able to continue eluding the masses in their ability to predict or even remotely understand your reasoning for the introduction of your 2018 V-Twin, belt drive, air cooled "touring" bikes,, your wayward son here in Michigan is no longer being eluded..

Proven by my amazingly accurate prophetic prediction back in number 9. I simply put into action everything you taught me thru the years about avoiding being eluded and, even though I was intitially thrown off the trail at the unveiling in New York by you putting the model name "Venture" that was built upon your mighty V-4 platform onto a V-Twin scoot , I am now clearly back on track in my ability to avoid being eluded.. THANK YOU!!

Mom,, I want you to know that my self confidence has also returned. So much so that, while eluding your eluding ways and KNOWING that I was right in my prediction that you were going to continue chasing HD and go after their Street Glide market, I stopped at a Harley shop last weekend and picked up a copy of the introduction to their 2018 line up. Knowing HD would have their MSRP stated clearly in that catalog (you taught me eluding avoidance so well, HD gave up trying to elude me a long time ago) I brought one home just so I could snap some pics of those prices for you.

Internally, similar to Polaris with that bike they are doing the same thing with - you know, the one with the fairing that looks like a sheet of plywood with lights painted on it, I knew you were going to attempt a toe to toe stand with The Motor Company on comparable models.. After looking at the MSRP on this Street Glide market clone - I am very glad I did.. I have a hunch that you have dropped your professional marketing staff (more on why the reason for that doesnt elude me either in a second) so please take a peek at the attached pics and note those MSRP quotes from HD.. Upon doing so you will probably note that you, like Polaris has done, have actually priced these new machines above and beyond that of the competitor you are trying to take customers from,, did those numbers elude you?

I am sure realizing that The Motor Company has been able to produce low budget, extremely low RnD cost, very simple in design and concept (right out of the early 1900's as a matter of fact) motorcycles and sell them at prices that even an exotic Auto Manufacturer would be jealous of is unnerving. Ya gotta not let this get to you Mom, fact is, the reasoning for their ability to do so has eluded master marketeers for years - even to the point that some would say that HD's pathway to success in this great eluding is the Worlds 8th wonder..

I know and am sure that by copying HD's methods and finding you no longer need to employ Marketeers and RnD staff of your own (probably even were able to be rid of 70% of manufacturing staff as producing air cooled V-Twin's is that much easier) because it would seem that just doing what ever HD is doing and all will be well probably seems right.. Mom,, I think you may want to listen to your son in Michigan and dont continue in that practice - don't elude yourself..

What I am eluding too is this.. Take a real close look at the MSRP prices in the pics.. Come in at 30% lower than comparable scoots of the HD line on these new ones but, understand that even at that - big twin air cooled buyers are usually not effected by $$'s = means nothing to them (thats the great eluding fact = theres way more to the HD phenomenon of being able to get into peoples pockets than eluded to) - you will probably still have a hard time clearing out the product like you did with the Strats/Roadliners/Raiders/Warriors and Roadies.. Dont give up,, once ya clear em out,, hire your RnD guys back, fire who ever came over from Victory with visions of that fairing look that eludes a lot of people, grab the prints on the water cooled 1700cc V-Max and get to work producing a touring machine that will blow past an 1800 Gold Wing like the 1st Gen Ventures would dust off the Gold Wings of their day and age.. Drop a sexy fixed wing fairing on it ONLY put it on a rail system so it opens like the hood of a car exposing EVERYTHING from air breather to spark plugs = making it the easiest touring bike on the planet to work on.. Focus on ease of maintenance across the board so real touring people dont have to waste a week of their touring vacation just to get an oil change... In other words,, return to your roots,, build something for us that REALLY does turn the touring world upside down!!

Do you get what I am eluding to?

Your eluding son

Puc

:sign woo hoo::sign yeah that::sign woo hoo::sign yeah that:

However, there is one final difference, and in a lot of folks minds it will make a difference in there purchasing decision: Warranty! I called the local HD dealer, and they very kindly informed me that a brand new HD comes with a 2 year unlimited mile warranty. I asked them what could I expect to pay out of pocket if I wanted to extend that warranty to 5 years? Their answer was it would cost approximately $3000.00.

Big Lenny

The Yarley does not have a 5 year warranty. The Yarley comes with a 1 year warranty (bummer) and a four year service contract. A "Service Contract" is not covered by the Moss Magnuson Warranty Act.

Meaning... You may be REQUIRED to have all your service work done by the dealer in order to keep the "Service Contract" active. In addition, for performance claims, Yamaha is not bound to produce parts that would fix an error... (Tabs breaking off fairing windshield mounts ring a bell) or even to replace that part after one year. They could claim "normal wear & tear".

Toss another log on the fire,,, grab the martian mellows and the hershy bars cause I am preparing for smore (:rasberry:) action Lenny.. Just to be fair and giving ya another chance to sharpen your :stickpoke: stick,, here's another article I just bumped into for investigative purposes:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2018-yamaha-star-eluder-bagger-first-look-review

On a side note,, as you scroll down to read the article - note the advertisement words that those folks at Suzuki chose to use = 1/4 page down = right side... Look familiar:icon_smile_question

Puc,

Thanks for the link. Thats a good first look article. It did mention in the article that it was competing against the Harley Road Glide Ultra, as I had mentioned before.

FYI: There was no Suzuki advertisement on my screen when I read the article. A Chevron ad followed me all the way down the page. What was the word Suzuki used?

Big Lenny

Puc,

Thanks for the link. Thats a good first look article. It did mention in the article that it was competing against the Harley Road Glide Ultra, as I had mentioned before.

FYI: There was no Suzuki advertisement on my screen when I read the article. A Chevron ad followed me all the way down the page. What was the word Suzuki used?

Big Lenny

Sorry about the mistype. I meant Road Glide Special, not Ultra.

See,, that right there is very important info IMHO... Freebird or someone who knows the clubs forums well, is there a place where this discussion could be permanently adapted or,, is there a place where it already exists.. I may be stepping way off in lahh lahh land here (just clip my cord if I am) but the experience Vaz (and many many others I am sure) have had with this mixed bag of warranty stuff, understanding how it works (if it does work) and all that could/should/might not be a bad idea to have it a permanent part of our club...

Any of that idea make sense?? Maybe,, maybe not,, just thinking out loud,, please dont put me back on probation with Yammer Boss....

Wait a minute! Pucster, Doesn't Vaz's post lean toward a confirmation that the extended warranty will act just like the factory warranty, which in turn makes me +1 on our discussion?

Big Lenny

The Yarley does not have a 5 year warranty. The Yarley comes with a 1 year warranty (bummer) and a four year service contract. A "Service Contract" is not covered by the Moss Magnuson Warranty Act.

Meaning... You may be REQUIRED to have all your service work done by the dealer in order to keep the "Service Contract" active. In addition, for performance claims, Yamaha is not bound to produce parts that would fix an error... (Tabs breaking off fairing windshield mounts ring a bell) or even to replace that part after one year. They could claim "normal wear & tear".

Du-Ron, my Brother,

You are seriously hindering my chances of winning this debate i have going with Puc Meister. LOL!!!!

Big Lenny