IGNORED

Golden years,, yea,, right. Take it from a man who knows, enjoy your youth!!

cowpuc

I am soooooooooo infinitely glad that I sucked up every moment of my youth that I did and just want to encourage anyone reading this that is contemplating doing things you enjoy NOW to DO them while you can. Balance work with play - absolutely, BUT,, dont forget to PLAY!! Play with your kids if you have em - YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT, take those cross country trips with your wife while you have health to do it!! Use your time wisely and purposely find goodness, dig out those golden morsals of greatness in building memories!!

So,, whats this all about?

Yesterday was my Birthday, I MADE IT TO 60!!! So Puc, you might ask,, what did you do for your Birthday.. Well,, Tippy and I spent the day at the hospital. As some of you know, my health has been, shall we say, a challenge for the past 9 months..

While waiting patiently for some answers about a leaky Meninga seal into my sinus cavity, the doctors discovered some irregularities in my heart. A couple months ago my family doctor sent me to a cardio dude with the full intent to get me into a pacemaker - she really didnt like what she was seeing. The cardio doc didnt see a pacemaker as the answer, this frustrated my family doc and she is trying to get me in for a re-eval.

I have noticed that my Blood Pressure has been slowly creeping into not healthy area's thru all of this and, yesterday at the hospital the second number was in the mid 100's which, according to the doc there, was dangerously high and he was concerned with stroke. The reason I had gone to the hospital was a runaway heartbeat and a SEVERE headache. They jacked me up with all kinds of IV meds and got it down, I had some kind of reaction called "Distonic" and was crawling all over the bed = what a WEIRD Birthday party that was!!!! Then they shot me up with Benedrill (if mem serves correct) and that helped control the crawlies.. I have to get back to my family doc tomorrow, AGAIN, and start from scratch,, ARGGG.. The hospital staff made it CLEAR to me that I was invited back at ANYTIME to help with this and that if I felt this same stuff again to be sure and get RIGHT BACK into their care - nice people..

Folks that know me well know me as a great optimist, have always enjoyed life to the fullest and always been able to see the light at the end of tunnel and willing to work/play hard to get there.. This stuff is frustrating though cause its hard with no definite answers in sight..

My Doctor daughter in California called last night to wish me a great big happy Birthday and instead of yapping about memories of rides past, teaching her to ride a peddly bike and all those great things, we had to have indepth encouragement of her about my health..

Golden years,, yea,, right.. I am telling ya friends,, I am sure glad I took the time to enjoy my years with my family and friends and didnt wait for some mysterious gold rush to happen :big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup::crackup::crackup:

Edited by cowpuc
I typed the word "big" twice in a row for some reason,, no idea why..

A birthday as memorable as that, and you have NO PICTURES?

:worthless:

Seriously though, I hope it all works out for you and this will be a small bump in the road of life for you.

You know, this reminds me how I spent a birthday in the emergency room once. New Years Day, ice fishing, just drilled my holes, layed the auger, blade side up on the bucket, had my girlfriend with me and I reached into the bucket (you can see where this is going) Those things are REALLY SHARP!, Cut my thumb, deep, blood everywhere, wrapped it up and said we need to go now. I sat in the emergency room for the better part of the morning. Due to the guy next door that kept dying, so my people had to spend the time with him.

Well, a bunch of stitches later I was out of there, but I'll always remember that birthday.

Guest divey

Congrats on the big six zero Dad. I guess it's unlikely any of the hospital staff were willing to share an ice cream with you on your big day eh! You know there will be no shortage of folks here pullin for you and there is power in numbers for sure but I really do think that a trip back to Venture West in June would likely cure all that ails you! Best wishes and a big hug to that lovely Tippy. Doug

First off, Happy Birthday:banana::banana:Secondly welcome to the 60's I'm 61 and loving it. Thirdly such good advice! When I was a kid i was painfully over weight. I lost 60lbs and then started excercising and eating right. i moved my little family into a beautiful old country farm house where we tried a little organic farming and enjoyed country nights where you could see every star.

I have lived by what you just said and at 61 life seems better than every, Yes the eyes are getting bad, a little artherisis is setting in but I have a beautiful new wife, I've started my first novel. Good advice my friend. Good luck with the challenges ahead of you. We here are rooting for you.

my prayer to you. lots of wisdom in your words.

I am only 56 years old and know what health problems can bring.

that is why I am thank full for my daughter helping me get back to the love of being on a motorcycle again.

yes she bought stella for me. now I am out there as much as the good lord will allow me. an I too am thank full for my times with family and friends and doing the things I loved at a young age. and trying my darnest to continue that. you get well as I have never met you but look forward to it some day.

oh almost for got. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Well Puc, first off let me wish you a GREAT Birthday. I certainly do hope you enjoyed your day and made another memory or two with your lovely wife and having fun.

Secondly, I wish you the best in your health challenges ahead.

Lastly, I strongly agree with you in taking time to make a living, and never forgetting to take time to live.

Over the years, I passed up many an opportunity to live a life of fun and adventures by working my butt off. I worked every holiday I could, every birthday, and all the overtime I could get. One time (for 6 months), I worked 96 to 112 hrs a week to where I didn't know who I was and told them what to do with the job and walked out. Being married I hardly ever saw my wife or any of the kids or grandkids. Lost so much time where I could have had fun and making those great memories to share.

I quit smoking years ago and I now have Emphysema. Other than trying to breathe all the time, I have been blessed with great health (where it needed to be), to support my overly worked butt. All those years that went by all I had to do was say no, I don't want to work this weekend or this holiday but I never did that. I always offered to work so others could go home and play.

Things have changed now that I retired. I am playing every day I can. Many have seen the rides I posted with the pics I have taken. Working all that over time paid off in my case for I am living that retirement dream that many may not be able to. Sad thing is, I missed out on SO many things with our kids and our grandkids. Heck, they are all grown up, and all they know is I'm pops. They know very little about me. They have very few fond memories of me with them to cherish for I worked instead of being there when they were growing up. Heck, we just became GREAT grand parents 4 months ago..Yes, Great grand parents already. I missed out on having fun with my all my grand children.

SO folks, as Puc is trying so hard to tell you, take time to play, please do that. Don't end up like me with an empty bank of memories. Make all the memories you can now with your loved ones and do take time to enjoy life so that when you are our age, you can open up a FULL bank of great memories and carry a big smile.

Edited by Eck

Hang in there Scott, There is a special place for people like you,,,, A patch of grass behind a gas station with plenty of tent space :big-grin-emoticon: for you and Tippy. Before you know it you'll be over this bump in the road and chasing your front wheel once again ! :bikersmilie:

:Crazy_139: AND Get well FAST :fingers crossed:

Hang in there Scott, There is a special place for people like you,,,, A patch of grass behind a gas station with plenty of tent space :big-grin-emoticon: for you and Tippy. Before you know it you'll be over this bump in the road and chasing your front wheel once again ! :bikersmilie:

:Crazy_139: AND Get well FAST :fingers crossed:

Thanks Raggie and EVERYONE!!!

Edited by cowpuc

Well POOP Puc,you definitely need to get better with this health thing,I just wish I could meet you in person,we probably could get ourselves in trouble without even tryin`I definitely agree with the (Live life to the fullest) attitude,you don`t get no second chances or go around agains,when my time comes I can honestly say as I slide in sideways(THAT WAS ONE HELL OF A RIDE)--good luck with your health--GOD BLESS.

RICK.

Good morning, Scott! Well here I am again...Tail End Davey...wishing you a belated Happy Birthday!! Also...understand perfectly about the "Golden Years"....mine are silver now...and since you are a youngster...you have many more years ahead of you!

God Bless you and Tip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrsL3LmKffw?autoplay=1&rel=0&enablejsapi=1&playerapiid=ytplayer

david (better late than never!)

Happy belated Birthday Puc, maybe just slap a few stickers on and you'll be good to go? Nope? They say after awhile the ride and rider resemble each other? or was that pets and owners? husbands and wives? Anyhow take care and hope to see installments of all the riding and ground you will cover on this years adventures. Just crest the hill and coast like you show so many times in your adventures...

Well I guess the first thing to say is Happy Birthday Puc. I could tell you were not well as soon as I saw how short your post was. As others have said... listen to the doctors but I will add... listen to Tippy as well. One thing to p!ss off the doctors you only see them for an hour at a time....Tippy you are living with.

I have long preached the live today motto, although you have a few years on me, I try to enjoy it the best way Lori and I can. I have been blessed with 7 older brothers to see how NOT to live life.

I have seen the guys that say.... Ya just going to work another year to get a few extra $$ in the bank you know before the wife and I head off travelling. It seldom works out well. Enjoy every day like it could be your last. You have been very lucky to have experienced all the fun times you have had. I pray you double it all in the years to follow.

Get well and hope to see you again at a Venture gathering.