IGNORED

2024 WKY Rally ideas.

RDawson

I know this is way early but I’ve been pretty bummed I couldn’t get another get together going here this year. Between my back and the wife’s knee (she had surgery last week) I just couldn’t pull it off. I looked at a different site a whole 2 miles from last years and way cheaper to rent with some campsites on-site. I’m really thinking of making it a 4-5 day event.  The first few days mainly riding with Friday evening and Saturday more visiting. It’s about a 30-45 minute ride over to tour Hannigan’s Trike factory and 2 hour ride to tour the Boss Hoss trike factory. Some rides may go to Garden of the Gods in Illinois, the West Tenn Dragon down to the ferry on the way to Boss Hoss (scenic route) or a couple other ideas I have. I’ve retired since last year and she’s retiring in May so we’ll have the time to pull it off better this time. I’m thinking June 4th or 5th through the 9th. 
So after that long winded intro the main purpose is to gauge interest. The site is on the side of KY Lake in the federal wildlife preserve Land Between the Lakes. Pavilion with power, water, lights and restrooms. Campgrounds, lodge, cabins, and motels all within a couple miles. Stores nearby and about 20 minutes from Murray, KY where you find Walmart, parts stores, etc. 

Chime in to show interest in attending so I can determine if it’s feasible to go this big. I’d like to maybe see some of the Eh Team Canucks make it too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, saddlebum said:

A definite maybe for me. getting the time off could be a stumbling block for me. Seems I am too valuable to be allowed vacation time unlike the rest of the employees, who can get time off whenever they want.

I don’t ‘ask” for time off, I tell the boss I won’t be here. Of course that means I sometimes have to sleep on the couch after I tell her. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

On 7/7/2023 at 9:50 AM, saddlebum said:

A definite maybe for me. getting the time off could be a stumbling block for me. Seems I am too valuable to be allowed vacation time unlike the rest of the employees, who can get time off whenever they want.

Then again I may decide to retire next year :confused24:

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HermanK84VR said:

I will put in for a maybe for now and update as it gets close it would be nice to meet you all in person, and enjoy some KY Bourbon.

Been to 8 or 10 of these "Get togethers" and it's always a great time.  Good people, generally like minded who like to have a good time.   

I've always enjoyed myself, and wish I could attend them all, but life gets in the way.

3 hours ago, HermanK84VR said: