IGNORED

Rick Butler motorcycle accident

Freebird

I got an email from a member this morning letting me know that Rick Butler was in a motorcycle accident. I thought he was going to post here but since he hasn't yet, I thought I would let you all know.

Rick was riding his RSV at track days I believe at the Texas Motor Speedway. He has a track bike that he typically rides there but this was a special street bike event. I spoke to him on the phone after learning of the accident. He was actually still in the hospital when we spoke but was getting ready to go home.

He doesn't remember exactly what happened but only that he ended up high siding and going down. Said he wasn't going very fast when it happened but a combination of things caused some pretty bad injuries. He broke both collarbones and I think 3 ribs.

The bike is repairable and he will get it fixed up when he feels like doing it.

He is going to be fine. He wanted me to let you all know though that it will be a few weeks before he can do any seat mods. He asked that you please contact him before sending him your seats.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Sending you a get well prayer in this post and best wishes and hopes that you have a full recovery buddy.

A few things to ponder:

You wont be able to snap, or button, those pants, and you cant fasten that belt either, so wear elastic waist garments, but it will still be a task to pull them up (or down), so go naked, and don't laugh, cough, "sneeze"....or eat anything that will give you gas....(ask me how I know these things......:stickpoke:.)..

Gosh man, I feel for ya.. been there an down a T shirt...