IGNORED

I request your prayers

Folks, I'm tired. For more than 20 years I've had jobs that require a lot of travel. For more than 10 years I worked for a company that is based in Hong Kong and traveled all of North and South America with many trips to Hong Kong, China, England, Germany, Japan, Thailand and other places mixed in here and there.

For the past 10 years, I've been at a job where the distances were shorter but the travel is even more frequent. I travel weekly in OH, MI, IN, KY, WV, PA and NY. Usually leave on Monday morning and return either Thursday night or Friday and that is week after week.

I am fortunate to work for a very good company and I have no complaints about them but like I said in my opening remark....I am just tired. I want to spend more time at home. I want to sleep beside my wife every night. I don't want to drive miles and miles and miles.

I am seriously considering making a job change. It will be a lot different but very close to home and no travel. Money will likely not be as good but has potential of being very close. A BIG negative is that I won't have the vacation time that I have now. At least not paid vacation. I think I can probably at least negotiate a deal so that I can get the same amount of time off but without pay. I could live with that.

It's a hard decision and to be honest, more than a little scary. I ask your prayers for me doing the right thing.

Thanks.

Follow your heart, I think spending more time around home would probably be appreciated more than losing a week or so of pay. Big changes are never easy, but they are necessary in out lives ar times. Good luck with your choices whatever you do.

Brian

I pray for you as I know exactly how you are feeling. I too felt that way a couple of years back, I had a 23 year career that I was no longer happy with. I had to make the choice between real good money and lots of paid vacation vs. happiness for my wife and I as I would be at home every night, a little less money and half the vacation time but a job that I love. Happiness won and I have never once regretted my decision. As Brian said, Follow your heart....

Health and happiness outweighs anything money can buy. Good luck with your decision and do not second guess it.

DITTO!

They say "a happy wife makes a happy life" but you also gotta be happy in your own life.

I am a firm believer of following your heart. If you remember, it was your heart that led you to your beautiful wife in the first place.

That act in itself should provide you with all the trust you will ever need with believing what your heart is telling you.

Eck

It will be a lot different but very close to home and no travel. Money will likely not be as good but has potential of being very close.

I am with you 100%, and I hope you go for it, and get it. Time is the one thing that you can't be paid enough for. Being home every night with your wife? Priceless!

Every time I switched, or thought about switching jobs, and ended up doing it, it was a positive experience. The thought of it was scary though.

The best to you in making your decision.

Wishing you the wisdom to make the best decision for you and your wife. I know it's a scary step.

I got downsized way back and I was upset. But, as soon as my kid got older, I started working temporary engineering contracts doing the same thing I was doing before except the pay was more and all in hand and I never knew how long any job would last. I've been working that way since 1996. I've worked in Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, and Alabama. I was divorced when I started and later got married. Afterwards, I came home as often as possible and my wife spent as much time with me at the job location as possible. I'm an independent cuss so it sort of suited me. It all worked out for the best.

I had a similar job and held it for over fifteen years after retiring from the Marine Corps after thirty years of continuous active duty. I was the Director of international dangerous cargo for a major international steamship container carrier. It too, required me to travel the world ensuring compliance with volumes of various shipping regs. I too, was super tired of traveling. So I decided how to solve that problem one Friday in June 2013 while driving to work. And that was as soon as I arrived at work that day I gave the boss my notice. He was very upset in that I told him I was leaving at noon. Never looked back.

It is sometimes hard to contemplate leaving a job with the nice paycheck and the bennies. I did it back in Mar 2011 and don't regret it at all. As others have said, follow your heart. Having peace of mind is worth a lot more than another nickel in the paycheck.

As we get older our priorities change and you've reached that point where being home more is more important than the job.

Would your current company give you a different position where you don't travel or don't travel as much? At least that way you wouldn't lose your vacation time.

I am all in for you folks too Don, Prayers Up - Blessings Down!

"""For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."""

Follow His prompting in your heart my friend!

I did the same thing back in 2002.. I left a career after 22yrs..... the money was great and The benefits were excellent but I never had weekends off and worked a lot of hours..... after I missed the first 8 years of my daughters life I decided it was time for a change. I opened up my own business..... I still work a lot of hours but they are on my own terms. I'm around for my family.... I still have not made as much money as I was making, but I'm much Happier and my family is also happier.... Your Wife is priceless so don't put a price tag on her. Do what ever makes her and you happy. Even if it means tightening up you belt

You, my friend, are in my prayers! I now have a job that requires travel! My wife and I are considering an RV so that she can travel with me. We have looked at apparatus that will also haul the bike along. Not sure how all of this will work out. Just know that as much as I love travel, it means little without my wife along. To me that trumps money and/or time off! Hope that does not come across as advice, actually could use your advice!! Prayers are what you need from me, and prayers you are gonna get!!!

Do you live to work,,, or work to live?

Compensation should be the word used,,, not so much the word 'money'.

Prayer is a good thing, we just need to remember to ask Him, and when we ask we need to be satisfied with the answer given,,,,, ya, sometimes it's not what we are looking for, but He will guide us through the maze. Ask Him and then unlax.

Seems to me that you already have your answer, but that to walk out of a room that you comfortable with is a bit scary, seeing as you are not quite sure of what the next room is like. You may say you trust Him, now you just have to show it. Even if you make a mistake, He will turn it to your good. Romans 8:28.

Compensation comes in different forms, one of which is money, but that really is only a little part,,,, time with family rates close to #1 , as is recognition, appreciation............

Every night sleeping with the one you love,, or only on the weekends?? and you still have an income,,, count your blessings, name them one by one, count your blessings, see what God has done,,, and is now offering you.

Prayers up for you as well.

Hope Eileen can take you 7 days a week, maybe we should pray for her as well.