IGNORED

The crash some of you may not know about

Squidley

Some folks that follow us through Facebook know of the accident we had on Saturday while traveling to the Texas M&E with Annie & Al. Just figured I'd come on and give you a brief note for those who didn't know. At 10:30am Lonna, myself, daughter Heather and husband Rob were traveling along the S I45 feeder fixing to head West on FM1960 (Houstonites will know exactly what were talking about) We were in the right turning lane to head West on 1960 and out of nowhere there is suddenly a car in front of me. I had zero recourse and just barely was able to get into the brakes, then collided with the car. The kids were behind us on their bike and they both watched it happen. 19yo girl came across 3 lanes and never even saw us.

I was able to keep the bike up and never fell, fortunate to be able to deflect into a gas station entrance. We were unhurt, albeit Lonna being severely shaken up. The bike took a huge hit, front fairing, lower left fairing both inner and outer, crash bar, driving light bracket and light on left side, windshield and lower deflector are all in need of replacement. I'm figuring roughly $3K to $3500 in repairs. Bike is still ridable, although ugly. Had to restrain my hound of hell daughter as she was ready to pummel this little girl. Info exchanged, cops appeased, insurance company called, and a good meat and potatoes conversation with her dad. I am upset, but very thankful as the outcome could have been way worse. Had to give the youngun a couple of consoling hugs as she was as nervous as you would think she could have been looking at 5' 11" 275 lb biker after crashing into his beautiful bike.

Life is good, I believe a good life lesson learned by this young gal and now just need to get Leroy fixed back up and pretty again. For all that contacted us, Thank you so much for your concern, we will live to ride again.

Glad it wasn't any worse. Join in the look for a left crash bar and left light housing. Not having been in there on a 2nd Gen before I'm having a time figuring out what is bent where. That Crash bar has a bunch of Attachments?? I think I bent Larry's bar also.

When I heard that you had crashed (AGAIN), my first reaction was "Oh S...." I then checked to see if there was enough money in the SAF for either flowers or a funeral arrangement. There was, but thank goodness it won't be needed. Glad to hear only the bike got broken. You take care now........:12101:

Wow, I never heard a word of this till just now.

SO glad you guys are OK.

I must say, you are creating one heck of a report of accidents over the past 10 years my friend. You both are one lucky couple!

I guess if one doesn't ride they would never know what it is like in those last 5 seconds of an accident. The eyes see so many things, so fast, that the mind cant keep up with digesting and sorting what those things are until that five seconds is completely over, then it all becomes slow motion, and you see it over and over again for days.

Just glad you two are OK.. The bike can either be fixed, or replaced.

WOW!! Just really glad to hear you two walked away from that one! Hope you can get the bike squared away without battling with the Ins Co.

Take care and tell Lonna bleach mite help when you clean your shorts:yikes:

Craig

Glad you are OK. That girl learned a much needed lesson without anyone getting hurt. I was heading home years ago driving my 72 El Camino and just before the ferry I saw a young guy pull up to the stop sign. I saw him look right but not left and I got on the brakes but on a wet road and too close to stop. His car was demolished but no one was hurt. The cop asked if I thought the kid should be charged and I said "Heck no! He was picking up his mom's friend in his brothers car on his mom's insurance, he is going to pay for this the rest of his life."

Some folks that follow us through Facebook know of the accident we had on Saturday while traveling to the Texas M&E with Annie & Al. Just figured I'd come on and give you a brief note for those who didn't know. At 10:30am Lonna, myself, daughter Heather and husband Rob were traveling along the S I45 feeder fixing to head West on FM1960 (Houstonites will know exactly what were talking about) We were in the right turning lane to head West on 1960 and out of nowhere there is suddenly a car in front of me. I had zero recourse and just barely was able to get into the brakes, then collided with the car. The kids were behind us on their bike and they both watched it happen. 19yo girl came across 3 lanes and never even saw us.

I was able to keep the bike up and never fell, fortunate to be able to deflect into a gas station entrance. We were unhurt, albeit Lonna being severely shaken up. The bike took a huge hit, front fairing, lower left fairing both inner and outer, crash bar, driving light bracket and light on left side, windshield and lower deflector are all in need of replacement. I'm figuring roughly $3K to $3500 in repairs. Bike is still ridable, although ugly. Had to restrain my hound of hell daughter as she was ready to pummel this little girl. Info exchanged, cops appeased, insurance company called, and a good meat and potatoes conversation with her dad. I am upset, but very thankful as the outcome could have been way worse. Had to give the youngun a couple of consoling hugs as she was as nervous as you would think she could have been looking at 5' 11" 275 lb biker after crashing into his beautiful bike.

Life is good, I believe a good life lesson learned by this young gal and now just need to get Leroy fixed back up and pretty again. For all that contacted us, Thank you so much for your concern, we will live to ride again.

Sorry to hear of your crash but glad you are OK. The bike can be fixed. I have a front fairing off a 99 it has one tab broke off at the windshield but other wise it is in good shape. You can have it if you want it. I got it for the chrome and that is all I needed.

Holy Messes of Britches!!! That scared the crap outta me just reading about it! Wow! The thing that I'm mostly impressed with is you had the heart to console the young girl. She's somebody's daughter, and it sounds like she experienced a lesson learning moment.