IGNORED

Well....what can I say. She really wanted it

Freebird

Eileen has been on my back for several weeks about a trike for HER.  She finally wore me down so we went shopping.  I wasn't really against it but just worry that her health will keep her from riding but she turned an old argument that I have used a few times about my bucket list right around on me.

So, Eileen is now the rider of a 2017 Harely Freewheeler,.  M8 107 engine.  Pretty stock except for some custom grips and the luggage rack.  13,000 miles.  

IMG_0689.jpeg

• Like 8

Awesome!  Wish my wife would get back on a bike.  Even with me. She was on a spyder and it's hard on her shoulders. On top of that she was almost hit by a Semi crossing the yellow line.  Now I think she's too scared.  

8 minutes ago, bpate4home said:

Awesome!  Wish my wife would get back on a bike.  Even with me. She was on a spyder and it's hard on her shoulders. On top of that she was almost hit by a Semi crossing the yellow line.  Now I think she's too scared.  

I understand.  My wife hasn't ridden with me in q while except a couple of very short rides.  Her health hasn't been good but she has wanted her own trike for a while now and got really excited about getting one a month or so ago.  So I finally saved in and bought her one.  Not sure how long before she decides it's not doable but we'll see.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N3FOL said:

Congrats on the new trike.  Definitely ride it home and take the long route.  lol

LOL.....it may be a bit cool for that.  Most direct route is about an hour.  She wants me to get home quick so she can hopefully take e a little ride before  it gets too cold.  Temps are supposed to drop again after tomorrow.

3 hours ago, dueyk1111 said:

LOOKS like a nice ride for  a harley! sorry' harley's just don't do nothin for me. hope she has many great miles and adventures on it! :thumbsup2::innocent-emoticon:

LOL....that's ok my friend.  I didn't expect a lot of love here for the Harley.  Most people here know that I've bounced back and forth over the years between the Venture and the Harely.  I love them both.  

Well we picked up Eileen’s trike today.  She had never ridden a trike and asked me to ride it home.   It was about an hour away and mostly 75. - 80 MPH on the turnpike.  Temperatures were in the mid to high 50’s so brisk but not cold.  The bike rides nice.  I was a bit concerned because Harley trikes all have solid rear axels.  It wasn’t as smooth as the RSV trike but handled surprisingly well.  It is a bit lighter trike than most and the M8 107 engine feels very strong. First time in years that road a bike without full upper fairing and lowers and it was very windy today.  It has a big windshield but I still got a lot of wind.   When we got it home, i got on my bike and with her on the trike, we went for a short ride.   She loves it but was more than a bit nervous.  It will take some time.   Hopefully she will stick with it and get comfortable on it. 

IMG_0693.jpeg

IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0694.jpeg

IMG_0691.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

We are getting lots of rain of and on, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  The weather should improve for a few days next week and riding should be in our minds.  

Hey Don,

You Sir, are a GOOD MAN!

We don't care what kind of bike you and Eileen ride, we DO care that you ride safely, visit many wonderful places, and take lots of pics to share with the forum members! Heck! we got members that ride Electric Bicycles for Jimmy's sake! You do YOU, Don and Eileen! 

Update: Thanks Don, I showed Jean Eileen's new bike, and now SHE wants one too so she can ride with Eileen! 

Thanks Buddy!

Earl.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1