IGNORED

Member in hospital in Toronto

XV1100SE

@Venturebat (Shawn Talbot) hasn't been very active since he joined but his daughter posted this on Facebook this afternoon :

"Just a quick update on what our family has been going through: Monday afternoon, while mom and dad were travelling home from Sudbury on the motorbike, dad (
Shawn
) had a stroke. He did his best to pull the bike over, unfortunately it went in to the ditch (neither of them had injuries from the minor crash). Thanks to some passerby’s the ambulance was called and he was immediately taken to the hospital in Espanola. Doctors decided to then have him sent to Sudbury as they were co
ncerned there was more to it than just a stroke. He spent a few hours sedated in the Sudbury hospital. After further assessment they chose to have him flown to Toronto because they were worried he may need brain surgery. Ami, TJ and I drove to Toronto to meet up with mom and dad. We’ve now been at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto since late Monday night. Dad is doing extremely well - his tests have shown that there is no longer any major concerns and he will not be needing surgery. He’s now awake, eating, speaking few words (one of which is the famous f-bomb), is being humorous and feeling much better. He will be moved back to Sudbury tomorrow, where he will spend some time recovering."

Shawn lives in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and I visited with him last Summer when I went to visit my daughter who is living in the Sault. Helped him with a few things on his bike. Just wanted to let people know about his incident.

Glad to hear he was able to pull over and only have a minor crash, and that surgery wasnt necessary and that he is doing well in his recovery. I am sure it was very scary at the time, hopefully he has a full and speedy recovery.

All the best, Craig

This OK . Not sure how I did it but it is gone.

That didn't work. Got to Settings at the top of the page and click on it. Then look down the left side of the page for the Edit signature and you can modify your signature.

Venturebat (Shawn Talbot) hasn't been very active since he joined but his daughter posted this on Facebook this afternoon :

"Just a quick update on what our family has been going through: Monday afternoon, while mom and dad were travelling home from Sudbury on the motorbike, dad (
Shawn
) had a stroke. He did his best to pull the bike over, unfortunately it went in to the ditch (neither of them had injuries from the minor crash). Thanks to some passerby’s the ambulance was called and he was immediately taken to the hospital in Espanola. Doctors decided to then have him sent to Sudbury as they were co
ncerned there was more to it than just a stroke. He spent a few hours sedated in the Sudbury hospital. After further assessment they chose to have him flown to Toronto because they were worried he may need brain surgery. Ami, TJ and I drove to Toronto to meet up with mom and dad. We’ve now been at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto since late Monday night. Dad is doing extremely well - his tests have shown that there is no longer any major concerns and he will not be needing surgery. He’s now awake, eating, speaking few words (one of which is the famous f-bomb), is being humorous and feeling much better. He will be moved back to Sudbury tomorrow, where he will spend some time recovering."

Shawn lives in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and I visited with him last Summer when I went to visit my daughter who is living in the Sault. Helped him with a few things on his bike. Just wanted to let people know about his incident.

Thanks so much for letting us know! We'll keep him and his in our thoughts!!!

There was an update posted on May 11 :

"DAY 5

Here’s a little update on my dad:

Yesterday he experienced an episode of unconsciousness during physio. An emergency CT scan was done and showed no changed. He was suppose to be transferred to the Sault Ste Marie hospital, but since he experienced an episode they cancelled the transfer. He was put back on the transfer list and now we are waiting to hear if he’ll get to be closer to home pending on air ambulance and bed availability. No word yet of when a transfer might happen as the paperwork had to be restarted. Each day he’s getting stronger. He was able to use a wheelchair today and enjoyed his first meal out of bed. He is becoming a little bit more of his bubbly self and appreciates everyone’s love and support !"