IGNORED

2015 riding season, what did you do for milage this year?

Brake Pad

if you feel your numbers were lame then I'm not at all sure how my 500 or so miles stack up. I did go a few calendar months w/o a bike then when my current ride came up for sale, I couldn't resist. So the bulk of my 500 miles ( 220 or so) was just getting the trike home. I'm not making payments on it and it doesn't complain and it's ready when I do want to go for a ride. Maybe this year I'll get out more - naaaw

I feel so bad. I put on about 1,100. But in my defense, due to medical issues the bike did not come OUT of winter storage until mid September. Then the poor thing got put back to bed in late October with a noisy front wheel bearing. I am hoping that next year will be much better.

This was my first full season with the RSV and I did a little over 7,000 miles. That is a huge improvement over the last few years with my Vulcan Classic where I was doing about 4,000miles a season. I do plan on having a lot more than 7k next year now that I am totally comfortable on the RSV and I have made some improvements!! First snow fall today here in Mass. So I might be done for the year, we'll see. I don't put her away for the winter..........

26.2 and NO,, that is not 26.2k, that is 26.2 miles.. Our speedo broke in Dennison Texas on our way out to the rally in The Dalles Oregon via the Mexico border down in Texas a while back. GeorgeS sent me a new speedo but I just havent located one of those Round 2 It tool thingys yet, kind of a good thing though I guess cause Tweeks was getting quite a few miles on her and she needed a break.. It would have been 0 miles for 2015 but @bj66 checked the mileage from Sturgis to Newel South Dakota before us Pie Butt Riders made the famous Pie Butt ride. Kinda of a strange 26.2 miles though, it took us over three hours to finally get to the Pie in Newel from Sturgis. Knowing BJ66 is a real straight shooter and would not lie about the mileage, when I got home I calculated our average speed - it came out to be 8.733333 mph found by dividing 26.2 by 3 hours.. That seemed a little strange cause I thought we were going a lot faster than that during those 3 hours but I guess not.

I rode from Sturgis to Newel with @VentureFar so maybe he can verify that mileage and possibly some average speed too - I am thinking he may have had a working speedometer - my math may be off. He will probably do so if he's still in a good mood - he might not be in a good mood though cause I just noticed he found out he cant plug his ears anymore when riding in California (lots of Harley's out there, I know I usually ride with my fingers in my ears when around some of those noisy things - no idea what poor ol Californians like VentureFar, @Condor, @Lone Eagle, @shuttlebug, @Luvdaleather and that bunch are gonna do now. I know I am still gonna reach up and stick my fingers in my ears when I ride out there with all them noisy Harley's but those guys probably wont cause most of them wear gloves and their fingers wont fit in their ears.).

Just thought of this, I do have a couple pictures of Tip, Tweeks at the 26.2 Pie Butt Riders gathering. That might help in verifying my claim of 26.2 miles,, hold on a second and I will see if I can find one.. Dont go no where Mike, be right back..

Ok, I looked,, I took a LOT more video than I did pictures out there but I did find a couple of them for verification. First one is of @Pegasus1300 signing Tweeks, 2nd one is of Tip yapping with VentureFar (he and his friend Steve came all the way from California with their ears plugged just to ride the Pie Butt with us) and Steve.

Anyway, 26.2 miles for sure!!:thumbsup:

Oh,, by the way Mike,, do you recognize the shirt Tip is wearing? Probably not,, it's a shirt she won at that Yamaha Shop in Guntersville Alabama - THAT WAS FUN TOO!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=102909&d=1451426431

attachment.php?attachmentid=102908&d=1439092516

DSCN1387.JPG

DSCN1381.JPG

Edited by cowpuc

1000ish miles. Just when I was finishing up springs work on the farm, I took a less than graceful swan dive off of the tractor. between the walking boot and therapy, I just barely made it to Sturgis. I was even wearing a brace under my riding boot while there. So all in all I guess it could've been worse.

I only did about 3K miles this year. I was off the bike from November 14, 2014 to August of this year. I did one 1500 mile trip in September and the rest was local riding. This time last year I didn’t think I would ever be able to ride again, but thanks to God’s healing power I am back on two wheels.

I have you all beat 4. Yup that is correct 4! I took it around the section after I thought I had the brakes fixed while I was home on leave. Nope the rotors are glazed or something. Put it in the shed and didn't get back home until the 16th of this month. To add to the embarrassment total miles since 2006 about 180. My bride thinks I have it just to tinker with!

Guess I should ride this year Maybe!