IGNORED

CTmedicalFW

cowpuc

After what seems like FOREVER, we may be onto something significant concerning my health.. I had a recent study (last Monday) of my urinary functions (due to finding blood in my urine) and the Urologist called today and announced they found Cancer. It was a very very short phone conversation, basically telling us that my upcoming 15 meeting with him would be cancelled and moved to an hour appointment to discuss options.

I have a daughter who is Pathologist and is deeply involved in fighting cancers. Of course we immediately contacted her to get a heads up on stuff. She asked that I contact the hospital here and get her in the loop.. I cant go into to much detail here but I will say, I was shocked at how open to sharing of information the hospital where I had the surgery done was = extremely co-operative.

One of the last things Cappy (biker name for my daughter) asked me about was "how ya doing emotionally Poppers" to which I replied, its a double edged sword sweetheart - I am sure no one wants cancer but at least someone found something that may be causing these ongoing symptom's.. I have an Endocronogist (sp:confused24:) appointment coming up very soon who, I am sure, will be :think: about this recent finding.. My family doctor continues to say that I am very very special because of all the surprise complications that I keep popping up with,, I keep telling her to tell me something new...:stickpoke:

And I thought that 22 hour straight thru ride from Michigan to Florida a few years ago was a long one:backinmyday:,,,, biggest difference,, THAT was a lot more fun!!!

I know this is all getting old but I/we appreciate all thoughts and prayers as we continue CTmedicalFW!!!!:scorched:

Thanks gang!!

Puc

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cancer is always scary. I have had it twice now. A friend of mine has gone through bladder cancer last year and he is doing fine now. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery. Keep on bikin'.

Well Puc, you sure do keep us entertained and thinking, most of the time really good and occasionally, well....:doh:. There is no doubt that you and your family have been in all of our thoughts and prayers and this will continue. I can understand this being a double edge sword, but now things can be done to hopefully get this turned around and get you back on the fun roads of life.:biker:

It is amazing what has been done in the field of cancer and with early detection and treatment, it can be beat. It also helps to be a tuff old coot and you for sure are that.:backinmyday:

Randy

Scott - Though we haven't met, I feel I know you personally thru reading your posts here. My sincerest wishes for a speedy recovery and successful treatment. It takes a lot to keep us Michiganders down, especially the western version. :happy34:

So Puc here is the pic I told ya about. KY trip.jpgThis one was the wife and I'S first trip on bike up to North Carolina. IMG_0512.jpgIMG_0513.jpgSo you see the packing thing comes natural sort of. LOL

Prayers up my friend. Good things to come.

Well Puc, you sure do keep us entertained and thinking, most of the time really good and occasionally, well....:doh:. There is no doubt that you and your family have been in all of our thoughts and prayers and this will continue. I can understand this being a double edge sword, but now things can be done to hopefully get this turned around and get you back on the fun roads of life.:biker:

It is amazing what has been done in the field of cancer and with early detection and treatment, it can be beat. It also helps to be a tuff old coot and you for sure are that.:backinmyday:

Randy

Iheard big c was packing its bags!! Claims folks around here just don't like him and are calling in all kinds f help!!:backinmyday:

Thanks a gazzilion family,, a more tender hearted loving group of lop eared varmints there never ever has been!! I/we really appreciate all your support in thoughts and prayers while we are :stickpoke: with all this stuff!! We will know a lot more in the near future and will keep you all abreast of things as they unfold - hang around, this could get really interesting..

Guest divey

Lots of positive thoughts going your way Dad. I suspect it'll take more than cancer to keep you down though! Hoping both you and Tippy gain strength from all the thoughts and prayers on this site. Doug