IGNORED

Losing my Dad

Trader

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart goes out to you in this difficult time. The one thing I try to remember in such times is that once the mourning passes, what you'll remember is the good times.

I miss my mom terribly, but now; years after her passing, it comforts me to think of her, and at times I feel her presence.

:)

Trader so sorry for what's happening right now. My Mom died last Friday 4-5-13 and her funeral is today. She had a Thyroid cancer that took her in about 10 days at 89yrs.16days. I asked the hospice nurse "How can you do this everyday"? She looked at me and said that "I focus on the joy not the suffering" look at all the people that love Lois and are here or you and her. There was nothing that I wish I had said or sorry that I did and she was at peace. So look for the joy remember the good because we are only here for a " Blink" And I'll send a prayer for you all.Bill & Crew

Edited by bill in mn

Trader,

I lost my mother 4 year ago to cancer and then my dad passed away last July. I did have a good chuckle about the dentures. Wished I would have thought of that for my dad. Let us know what we can do to help. Prayers are with you and your family now and throught the process.

My Mom and Dad passed away 17 years ago less than a year apart was a hard time seeing them both go, But I allways remember the good times. And like it was said your Dad gets to go and be with your Mom now.

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Orlin

Well.....its official....I'm now an orphan!

Dad died 10:55 last night.

Even though I have only "met" most of you online....I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers from my venture family.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Even though Dad was not religious, I reminded him he WILL see Mum and us too in the resurrection that is promised us.

As so many have said here, My heart, my thoughts and my prayers go out to you and your family. Lost my Dad to cancer 28 years ago and watching my Mom drift away to dementia. My heart is with you at this time.

We are human ,so the loss will always be hard. Lost my Dad to the same thing. my mom passed 6yrs ago.You are blessed to have been able to say your goodbyes, and be with him inhis last days. celebrate his life, your memories with him. I know picturing my Mom greeting my Dad makes me smile. He is new again with a smile. We are the only ones suffering. prayers are with you.

Trader, never worry about crying for the ones you love no matter what age you are.

Lost both my Mom and Dad years ago and when I think of them it still brings tears to my eyes.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and may your father know that he has a family that loves him.

Gotta go I think something is wetting my eyes.

Best to you and your father.