IGNORED

Motorcycle Tom In Auto Accident Yesterday

bongobobny

Amy just stopped over to give us the news. Tom is basically OK but in the hospital for a day or two. They were stopped to make a left turn and got rear ended by some younger guy doing 50mph in a 40. This happened around 7PM last night. Tom was complaining about chest pains after the accident, probably from the seat belt, but they put him in the CCU at Buffalo General Hospital. The force of the impact broke both seats and Tom literally bent the headrest brackets with his head. Amy thinks thehy will total her new car.

If anybody wants to call Tom, or if you locals want to visit, he is in Room 415 and the phone number is (716) 859-6415.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tx2sturgis

I wish that they HAD been on the bike that day. Because they would have been somewhere else and most likely would not have been involved with this guy, since bikes normally travel at different rates than cars do.

But thoughts are with them and speedy recoveries all.

From the pictures the guy must have been able to get slowed down. That's I would think it would be a lot worse if it was a 50 mph impact.

I remember taking an test ride on a "seat belt sled".

It was an incline roller coaster where you got into a car seat and slid about 6-8 feet along a track at about a 35 degree angle.

You only got up to about 5 Mph and stopped dead at the bottom.

WHAT A JOLT!!!!! Just shows it doesn't really take a lot to really shake you up!

Glad to hear everyone is relatively OK.

If they do decide to fix your car, make sure you get a lifetime warranty with the repairs. Doors will tend to start leaking and not close right, the electronics on the car are what I would really be concerned with. Once they get jarred like that, their life expectancy goes down dramatically.

Glad y'all are telling us the story....all the best to you both.