IGNORED

For Whom The Bell Tolls

Condor

I don't usually mention any of my problems 'cause I figure other folks needed the prayers more than I did.. However getting old does have it's disadvantages. The body just wears out. So I just saw a Cardiologist yesterday morning to give me the low-down on an EchoKG that I had Sunday before last. My first thoughts were it's gotta be something minor 'cause every time in the past the ticker checked out great. The latest battery of tests just 6 years ago, just before the colon surgery. Well dang!! Not this time. One of my chambers is pumping at 30% efficiency.. One of the reasons I get tired so easily, and don't have any energy lately. And what really bugs me is I can't catch my breath and complete a yawn... Grrr!! Nothing like a good ol' yawn... So it's a scary thing. Especially when the Doc starts telling me the possibilities of what could go wrong if they have to do an Angioplasty (?)... We're gonna try meds first but if no improvement in 6 weeks it's off to the O.R. So keep me in your thoughts and I'll keep you posted....

You are right Condor....if I had known how this getting old stuff works out...I would have refused to grow up. :) You are in our prayers my friend. Medical science has gotten pretty good at such things so we'll pray that the medication works and if not, will pray for skilled doctors to get you back up to par.

welcome to the club, I had a stint put in back in 2012 because of a blockage it made a world of difference but the things that they can do with the old ticker now a days is amazing. I also had one that was 30% blocked and it was taken care of with meds with no problem. good luck and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for posting this up Jack.

The end of life on this earth is one of the things that we as humans have deal with and I don't think there are many of us, if any, that are thinking that it would be nice to move on today. I think we would all like to stay and remain at the age of 40 or so, and then just keep on keeping on. But alas it is not so. Some of us have a vision of where we are to go after this, and some of don't seem to want to look at that at all, but for me it's one of the most important issues of this life. After all, this life is kind of on the short side and there seems to be no pause button that I have been able to find, so onward we go, and the older we get the faster it seems to spin. Maybe it's just about time to make sure that heaven is a real thing and that the landing spot is where we thought it might be. Like it is often said about dropping your scoot, it's not if, but when. And hopefully it might be a while yet with good health.

Good luck Jack.

There seems to be a number of members here who have gone thru this kind of medical procedure and now are much healthier for it. I know that staying positive can be hard, so keep talking to us. The only bells tolling are the VR bells.

We should all be born old and grow young and end our lives back in the womb.

I'm afraid to go to the doc coz I don't want to find out that there's anything wrong .... in fact, there isn't so why waste the doc's time? :Bunny:

All the best Jack!

I had a double bypass in 2009 and a stint a year later, and a total of four angioplasties. Not something I'd recommend for the entertainment value but you sure feel better when it's over. I now feel great and don't worry about my heart. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you, PM me if you want to talk to someone who's been through that wringer.

Condor and Sailor, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you both. I had a double bypass in 2009, a stint a year later and a total of four angioplasties, dont recommend it for the entertainment value but now I feel great and don't worry about my heart. PM me if you want to talk to someone who's been through that wringer.

Without knowing anything about your cardio risk factors I can say that many I have worked with since becoming an RN have lived with a pretty long history of heart issues. When I meet someone new the first thing I do (I work only in geriatrics and long term care) is read the chart, History & Physical tells quite a story usually. Some folks go many years with fairly serious diagnosis, much of it seems to come down to what else is going on. Also your compliance with treatments and recommended lifestyle modifications will probably have a significant impact. If nothing has been recommended then a consultation with a holistic cardiologist is probably a good idea. I have worked with some excellent Drs and others that cant be bothered with telling someone all the things they can do (or not do) to live the longest and fullest life possible with a given diagnosis. Very sorry your going through this, you are in my thoughts and I'm pulling for you.

I don't usually mention any of my problems 'cause I figure other folks needed the prayers more than I did.. However getting old does have it's disadvantages. The body just wears out. So I just saw a Cardiologist yesterday morning to give me the low-down on an EchoKG that I had Sunday before last. My first thoughts were it's gotta be something minor 'cause every time in the past the ticker checked out great. The latest battery of tests just 6 years ago, just before the colon surgery. Well dang!! Not this time. One of my chambers is pumping at 30% efficiency.. One of the reasons I get tired so easily, and don't have any energy lately. And what really bugs me is I can't catch my breath and complete a yawn... Grrr!! Nothing like a good ol' yawn... So it's a scary thing. Especially when the Doc starts telling me the possibilities of what could go wrong if they have to do an Angioplasty (?)... We're gonna try meds first but if no improvement in 6 weeks it's off to the O.R. So keep me in your thoughts and I'll keep you posted....

I am in the same situation. Have an appointment next week for the A-Fib then into the hospital the week after..

On bended knee I promise, my thoughts and Prayers Up are with you two lop eared varmints! Dont mess around, listen to your Dr.'s and do what they say to the letter!!! I can't imagine life in the club house without you two :witch_brew: varmints!!

Woke up one morning last month. Felt uncomfortable and with some pain in my left arm. Figured I just slept on it wrong. After a couple hours with no improvement my wife took me to the hospital. Turns out I was having a mild heart attack. Got inspected, injected, Hooked up, wired up and wound up spending 7 hours in there.

If you even think something might be haywire, don't wait, get checked out.

Woke up one morning last month. Felt uncomfortable and with some pain in my left arm. Figured I just slept on it wrong. After a couple hours with no improvement my wife took me to the hospital. Turns out I was having a mild heart attack. Got inspected, injected, Hooked up, wired up and wound up spending 7 hours in there.

If you even think something might be haywire, don't wait, get checked out.

With mine I just couldn't catch my breath or complete a yawn even tho I wanted to. Went to emergency and they boiled and oiled me and sent me back home. My primary Doc ordered the EchoKG and that's when they found the weak pumper.... I'm still having the mild attacks but last night I could not catch my breath all night long. I could get some relief while sitting so spent most of the night on VR.Org.... I've been feeling better and cat napping most of the day... Meds are on their way. One thing I have been doing is peeing a lot every hour on the hour, and not drinking much if any water. So I musta been holding water. That's what causes congestive heart failure... Just wanna say thanks for all the well wishes and thoughts... It helps...

I’ve been having heart problems since I was 45,had open heart to replace a valve in 07,along with several other procedures. The best advice I can give you is to listen to your Dr. and if you have surgery do all the rehab. I’m 62 now and have chronic a-fib,which means my heart is never in rhythm and some congestive heart failure. But I do just fine as long as I don’t over do it,which means slow and steady. Good luck,take it easy and listen to the Doc!

Prayers are up will be thinking about your condition. Wife, who has Afib. And a heart monitor implanted since January is adjusting just fine. Anyway, theirs a lot of us riders who are organ donors... just keep in mind you have options.

Guest divey

Seems these days heart surgery is a walk in the park for these surgeons compared to many other medical issues. Good luck Jack. Doug

Sorry to hear about your dilemma Jack. I hope and pray that with time and proper care things get a lot better. Both my brothers felt like you described and ended up with bypass surgery, that was less than a year ago and today they are feeling like their old selves. So keep your chin up and think positive.

Sorry to hear about your dilemma Jack. I hope and pray that with time and proper care things get a lot better. Both my brothers felt like you described and ended up with bypass surgery, that was less than a year ago and today they are feeling like their old selves. So keep your chin up and think positive.

The scary part is my 'younger' gene pool brother had a 6-way bypass about 3 years ago. Has to watch what he eats and is on the tread mill every morning, but doing OK. My worry about any operation is Murphy is always close by. With the Colon Surgery that normally takes about 7 days before they kick you out and send you home, took me 21 days, and I was still wobbly after 3 weeks. They wanted to keep me longer but I was sick and tired of that damn hospital.... I figured that when the nurses started getting really attractive it was time to head home. :-)

From what I understand, a healthy heart operates at 50 to 75% efficiency. 50% is considered normal. So 30% while it isn't good, doesn't sound quite as bad as if the heart was 100% efficient.

Wishing you the best Jack! Hang in there buddy!