IGNORED

Had An Oops Today!

bongobobny

Went to get the mail and halfway down to the mailboxes I slipped on the road and fell on my back! Felt the muscles in my back get tweaked as well as calf muscles. It hurt but I was able to get up and shake it off and finished my mission. I was fine until about an hour or two later and moved in the wrong direction and was immediately in a lot of pain, mostly my back but now stomach muscles as well, and it became extremely difficult to breathe! It was like my diaphragm wouldn't move! I'm sort of OK now but when I lie down and get a pain or something, the second I try to get up it starts all over again!!

Been hitting up my back with ice, then heat, and it helps a little. I'm OK standing and setting but have to be very careful how I move. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight, and if it does not get any better by the weekend I just may take a trip to the VA emergency room. The bummer is we got a lot of snow today, I already snow blow'ed but will have to do it again tomorrow. I'm OK standing and walking so I should be OK I hope...

Hoping I can sleep OK on the couch, I tried a nap in bed around 7:00 but then I got a pain in my back and when I tried getting out of bed that's when I had the issue with stomach muscles hurting big time and hard time breathing. Had a few similar issues this evening when I got up from the couch when I was sideways and half reclined.

So, I could use your prayers! Hopefully, it is just traumatized muscles and nothing else...

You need to go to the VA tomorrow Bob. Yeah, you tweaked muscles. But you might need a strong muscle relaxer and a good once over before you do more damage to already sore muscles. Don't have me fussing and worrying tomorrow over you now.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I gotta ask ...How is your tail bone? I know from experience that its a popular place to land in those slip type falls. And I learned that nerve injury down there can effect te nervous system all the way up to the skull. See a good physio therapist it would probably be worth your while. Having said that I am sorry to hear that you fell in the first. and hope for your sake there are no serious injures.

BTW there are better ways of breaking up the ICE.

Take 'er easy, and heal up. Don't push it trying to deal with the snow.

See the doc.....There could be something more going on there....Let them check ya out.

This gettin' old stuff ain't for sissies......40 years ago, you'd have bounced back up without issue.

Thoughts / prayers are with you.:178:

Sometimes I think the reason we are retired is because we need the time to rest up after an opps, and,, maybe oppses get to be more frequent, so they become more of a way of life rather than the odd interruption. Gotta take that into account as you plan your day, what shoes to wear, do I need a coat, is my underwear clean, (mom always said that) have I got clean socks (not that you need to wear them) did I comb my hair (not that in some cases it matters a lot anymore) where do I have to go today (not that you'll get there mind you, could be tomorrow instead) anybody coming over today?

You know, it's good to plan your day before you start on it, especially supper, and when you get supper planned out it is best to get started on it, before you forget what you planned, and when you get that far, you'd better sit down to eat it, before it becomes a midnight snack.

See,,,,,, all the planning and you didn't have to worry about the mail,,,, another day in safety.

Prayers up for you bud, and go to see some one who knows about falling injuries, a massage therapist would be a good start.

Well, made it through the night by sleeping sitting down. I only seem to hurt laying down either on my back or on my side but once I get there and relax I'm sort of OK. It's the getting there and back up that takes my breath away.

Ben, I came down pretty much straight on my back, tailbone is fine!! I do know about THAT feeling from incidents in my past, though, no fun at all!! Was it last year you hurt yours??

May try to see my primary care physician today and get some pain pills and/or muscle relaxers depending on how snowblowing goes today, and how well I can get into and out of a car...

If it were me, I'd go see the Doctor, then my lawyer and sue the pants off that property owner!

Hope you feel better quickly because that snow terrorist from Wisconsin has his sights set on you again this weekend.

Snow terrorist huh????

Bob, aren't there enough of us hurting ourselves, there is no need for you to get in on the action.

It can not hurt to at least get a xray to be sure there is nuttin broken.

Erika and I have you on our prayer list........

OK was able to snow blow the driveway clean with no pain whatsoever! Tried getting in and out of my car, no problem!! Took a shower, no problem! Picked up something from the floor, problem...

Made appointment with my Primary Care Physician, and have to go in a few minutes. My Doctor is 5 minutes away, the VA Hospital is an hour away.

Doubt I could lie down for massage. Hmmmm, do remember a little Vietnamese girl walking on my back once or twice...

YEEEE OUCHY!!!! Sorry to read this Bongo,, Prayers Up brother!!

IMHO, Gotta be careful in getting it checked out - that x-ray suggestion from Fool sounds like a good one to me, but - it might take an MRI and a good Neuro guy to find it if ya did bone damage. Twisted my back up bad enough back in 03 that it busted up the facia joints and misaligned L5. Was usable with slight pain at bend over like your talking about, still not right though so went to ER about a week later. They took x-rays - found nothing. Went thru a bunch of physical therapy including the "Stretcher" where they pull the spine apart to relax it. Helped a little.. Couple months later started going numb from the waste down. Ended up in a wheel chair. 4 months and I was in the hands of a Neuro Surgeon. He ordered an MRI, found the busted bone fragments on the MRI. Ended up with rods and saddles and had to have a fusion cause those alignment joints were gone. Said I was fortunate cause the fragments hadnt scraped the nerve bundles. Had to spend a year in a clam shell.

Got me out of the wheelchair and back on my feet just fine but still have occasional bouts of burning down my legs. Seems like if a person injured the spine higher up the nerve bundles that activate the diaphram could be affected in a similar way - maybe up in the "T" section of verts?

Also have heard of folks going thru broken rib recovery that had similar pains (cant even imagine what Yammer Dan went thru with the "Flailed Chest" - brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it) - seems like those would show up on an x-ray or MRI too.

Bottom line brother - sounds like you are on top of it, heading into the Doctor and all to at least get it checked out. Hoping and Praying all works out for a complete and speedy recovery good buddy!!!

OK went to the Doctor, followed by X-Rays. Very painful having to lie down on my back, downright excruciating! I got a prescription for muscle relaxers, but no pain pills other than extra strength Tylenol.

Hopefully, I will hear something back about the X-Rays tomorrow or Monday...

If it's muscular,not broken bones, find a good chiropractor. When I hurt my back I walked into the chiro office all bent over like a 100 year old man, got immediate relief and was able to walk out standing tall. They know the bones and muscles. Muscle relaxers from an MD just aren' cutting it.

imho, been there.

G