IGNORED

Had An Oops Today!

bongobobny

OK went to the Doctor, followed by X-Rays. Very painful having to lie down on my back, downright excruciating! I got a prescription for muscle relaxers, but no pain pills other than extra strength Tylenol.

Hopefully, I will hear something back about the X-Rays tomorrow or Monday...

When my lady and I hit the monsoon sand across the road in the RSV, we flew up.....she came down hard on seat. Back pain was severe. Doc said he thought the damage was not done by coming down hard... Rather from her tensing muscles as she went up. Natural reaction. But that really got the muscles. Only thing that did help was heat and the relaxed pills. Took about a month before she really felt better again. Here is hoping you have a better outcome! Prayers Up!

Yes, other than not being able to lie down either on my back or side, I'm just fine!! As a matter of fact, I just came in from snow blowing and shoveling for an hour and a half! I can sort of lie down on my back as long as I have a couple of pillows under my head and shoulders, can not lie flat! Unfortunately, within 5 minutes or so I will start to feel pain, and then I try moving or getting up and bingo, lots and lots of pain until I am sitting upright. After a minute or so the pain goes away and I'm back to normal. Forget about being on my side, no way Jose!!

Haven't heard a thing about my X-Rays yet, and now do not expect to until Monday. Oh well, no news is good news I guess...

Well, good news this morning, I was able to sleep on my back last night!!! I still had my upper body elevated somewhat as I have been sleeping on the couch but once I got into position, as long as I didn't move an inch it was tolerable and relatively pain-free. The hard part was getting back up this morning but the discomfort was nowhere near as bad as it was the past couple of days!! The best thing was that I was able to elevate my feet as my ankles were quite swollen from the last few days! They look normal today!

So, thank you all for your prayers, I am a strong believer in the power of prayer!! As far as I am concerned healing comes from God the Father and he hears all prayers! So it's working, folks, keep it up and I'm sure I'll be back to normal soon!!

Sometimes muscle relaxers are magical with these sorts of things. Few things can really rival back pain caused by a, ummm gravity storm.

Glad to hear your feeling better, dont push it too much too soon, sounds like you'll be good as new after some rest. At least your not missing any prime riding season!

I had an "OH S#it" moment the other day. Was coming home from work. Got into my neighborhood and came up behind a school bus. They stopped and I was slowing and putting my foot down and.... OH crap it was stuck and then came loose. I seldom wear sneakers and now remember why. Besides no ankle support the laces are really long. Damn things got looped around the shifter and I couldn't get my foot down, that is until it pulled the loop out.

I had an "OH S#it" moment the other day. Was coming home from work. Got into my neighborhood and came up behind a school bus. They stopped and I was slowing and putting my foot down and.... OH crap it was stuck and then came loose. I seldom wear sneakers and now remember why. Besides no ankle support the laces are really long. Damn things got looped around the shifter and I couldn't get my foot down, that is until it pulled the loop out.

Been there done that.

I have a pair of scissors that made that issue go away on all of my shoes.:thumbsup:

Yea could do that too. Typically I dont ride in sneakers as I mentioned. Just one of them things I learned way back when assisting with MOST course on base. We were required to wear over ankle boots. I also always tuck the laces in the tops of boots. Another military thing, for inspections they didnt want strings hanging out looking bad. Plus I later learned they are less likely to get untied if tucked in.