IGNORED

Taking offense to posts

Freebird

Well put Don.

Opinions are like shoes. One pair of shoes doesn't fit everyone and everyone has likes/dislikes of colour or style, even of the laces that are in them.

Comments shouldn't be directed at the person posting responses. Comments should be related to the issue/item being discussed. If you don't like something about the issue/item that is not a personal attack provided you say it is your opinion or can back it up with facts. ...and certainly not aimed at the person's opinion for doing so.

In the years I've been a member....probably 99% of the responses have been good. There are the few that could be misinterpreted but even then most of us shrug them off and go on with our lives.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have to admit that the Voyager post threw me off a little bit. Meaning the reactions from one of the posters. But I personally could not see anybody trying to tear his Voyager down in any way - just different opinions and so forth.

I like it when people point things out to me what they don´t like about my bikes or the things I design for my bikes. I do not expect everybody to have the same taste as I do. I have also learned that bikes with little or no bling can be as beautiful as bikes with a lot of bling - and believe me I LIKE BLING ! And I learned that because people had different opinions than I on the matter. Made me look at bikes from another perspective.

Lets keep on sharing different opinions and lets continue doing it with respect - and it does not hurt to add a little humor. Lets keep our community here versatile and lets be open for different opinions and views.

Just don´t disagree with me and we´ll be fine :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Edited by StarFan
Error

It's not WHAT you ride but THAT you ride. My son and most of my friends ride Harleys and I ride a RSMV. We rag each other constantly and I would take a bullet for most of them. If you're "thin skinned" why are you on a bike at all? Part of the brotherhood is the ability to be honest with each other and speak our minds. I have to live my life PC because of my job and the society we now live in. When I throw my leg over the saddle PC is gone. Great post Freebird and to coin a phrase, "toughen up cupcake". With respect and love to all my brothers.

A well reasoned, expertly articulated response to this situation....whatever it was....

I don't care what any of y'all think.....I KNOW that my 06 Black Cherry RSV with the pillow top seat is the best lookin' production cruiser ever built !!!

That's not to say there's some real lookers out there, but I never fell in love with them like I did with my RSV.

Differing opinions welcome.:cool10:

Wow Don.. Well said and right on. I could not agree more.. Sometimes the negative feedback is as important as the positive feedback as it may get you to rethink something that you hadn't thought of.. Anyhow love this place because of the fun and the honesty and the folks that actually believe in helping their neighbors..

I agree with you Wizard. I love all the technical info shared on this site, but what keeps me coming back i:beer:s the openness and support of all the members. You can only work on so many projects, but at the end of the day it's a great feeling to be surrounded by friends, even if you have never met them in person.

If you think this is bad you should try some of the heavily moderated (by "Subject Matter Experts") gun forums out there. There is no room for differing opinions so you either become a sycophant or get kicked off never to return. I have not been a fan of trikes ever since I ran over my own leg on a Honda three wheeler but I won't shame somebody for owning one. Harley riders....

Had feelings once. Then I went to work as a race official, and I got over that. LOL Thanks Don for the reminder of what this place and others like it are all about. If you want to get the agreeable luke warm responses that agree with your opinion, best you dont ask others. I always think I have to read thru reply's, sort it out for what seems correct or sounds rite and do some research.

Nobody bashes Victory ... I'm feeling left out!! :innocent-emoticon:

Did you hear that Victory owners are 1st Gen wannabes that can't handle the realty of a real bike ? Or, that a Victory is one step above a peddle tricycle but lower than a skateboard ?

There ya go SilvrT...don't ever want you to feel left out in any way... :rasberry:

:stirthepot:

A well reasoned, expertly articulated response to this situation....whatever it was....

I don't care what any of y'all think.....I KNOW that my 06 Black Cherry RSV with the pillow top seat is the best lookin' production cruiser ever built !!!

That's not to say there's some real lookers out there, but I never fell in love with them like I did with my RSV.

Differing opinions welcome.:cool10:

Let's talk about the reality of a 1st Gen once you sober up... :cool:

:stirthepot:

Just tryin' to fit in with the bashers.... :rotf:

typo

I have gotta beat Dan to this one Skidder..

Dan: Typo what? Typo bike? Typo shoe? Typo food?

Skidder: No ya confunded word twisting varmint - it's a Typo mistake.

Dan: Ohhhh,, I get it now.. So what Typo mistake is it?

:think::think::think: Dog gone it Skid,, now he's got me wondering,, what is a "woad",, thinking it may have been an Elmer Fudd typo moment :confused24:,, were you trying to say "I wuv the woad"?

Edited by cowpuc

Sometime we just need to Agree to Disagree.

To hear both sides positive and negative for me is a good thing.

Be it -- Oil - Tires - a new seat - Harley - Goldwing - Is a Slingshot a motorcycle ( my opinion is no ) They are pretty neat I have to say - the list goes on

Some times it could save a person from making a purchase or decision only find out later it would not have worked for them

Everyone is entitled to there opinion . We are all friends and we all enjoy our rides whatever it may be.

Yamaha is not making anymore Ventures . This forum will eventually change that's OK. To me this forum is not just about the Venture

Sometimes you need to suck it up and move on.

I have never met a person from VR I have not liked I have heard some opinions I disliked but that is OK

Be safe