IGNORED

No, I haven't fallen off the earth

Squidley

Hey Y'all,

I have been thinking about the site for sometime now, and with the unfortunate news of long time member and good friend Eddie Happ passing away, I wanted to post.

Some of you older members know who I am, and that I have been absent from the site. Let me assure you that everything is fine in our household, Lonna and I are doing fine. Life has taken a different turn for Lonna and I, me more so than her. Some of you are aware that I belong to The Combat Vets Motorcycle Association. It's a group that I whole heartedly love and agree with what they do for our vets. I also belong to my local VFW chapter, post 1839 in Cleveland Texas. Last year I was elected Sr. Vice Commander of this post. This has taken any free time that I thought I had. This year I will be taking command of this post and this will basically become my 2nd job. I am looking forward to doing this, as priorities in my life have directed me to help all of our service members, combat or not, to getting the help and resources they need to assist with their transition into civilian life.

This is a labor of love with me, and something that inside I feel I need to do. The VFW as a whole is dying as many of it's older members are passing on. It is up to my generation of combat vets to help with the younger vets get back to some sort of normalcy in their lives.

I just wanted to post up incase anyone who might be wondering "What happened to Squidley?" knew that we are still around and kicking. Y'all be careful out there as the weather is getting ready to break and folks just aren't used to seeing us. BTW, if you can afford to give any help to your local VFW and Combat Vets Assn, please do so, we are doing a lot of good things for all the warriors that protect us everyday.

Thanks Squid. Miss hearing you on the site. Thanks for doing what your doing with the VFW. I belong to a couple of veterns groups in the Ohio valley here and know what you mean by the groups overall age. Hell im 55 and whenever i showup for a work detail they refer to me as the young buck, they must be kidding. Thanks for serving and hope to here from you soon on the site and hell maYBE you will come up and visit at a maintence day or something in the future.

Squidley who?

Oh, I remember you now......you are the one who wouldn't let me auction off a black helmet at the TX MD event last year...Man I bet I could have gotten at least $20 bucks for that thing. SUre glad you and Lonna are both doing great bud. Hope to see you again this year if at all possible. Until then, ride safe whenever you do get a chance to ride.

Heyyyy Tip,, look what the cat drug in!! Good to hear all is well down there Squid! :thumbsup:

Godspeed as you continue in helping out with the Vets, they sure got the best of the best when they elected you Senior Vice Commander my friend! Give that precious wife a hug and howdy for us and PLEASE keep us updated as you continue in your service for the cause of freedom!

Thanks to all those Vets (yourself included) for being there for all of us! :usa::happy65::happy65:

Puc

Well, what can I say,,, it will be a long time before I can forget you two,,,,, the trailer speaks to me daily!!!!

So you've gone onto something new,,, sounds like you,,, somebody needs help and you jump in,,, with both feet for sure.

God bless you in your endeavours, and if you need some help, you know we're still here, doing what we do best.

Actually it's Lonna's pies I've been missing and thinking about........Ohhhh ok I admit I missed you, both on the site as well as in person. But its good to hear your not just sitting on your butt in a state of depression cause you miss us all soooo much but that your actually putting your time towards a worth while cause supporting those that are often forgoten despite all they sacrifice in the name of freedom. May God support you in your endeavors and keep you both in good health.

Edited by saddlebum

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, it's somewhat official as I have accepted the position of Commander, now my 2nd job starts and it's already been going haywire! Life is good though, I like challenges and I know this will be a good one. I'll do my best to peek my head in here more often and stir the pot every once in a while, y'all take care of the place while I'm out saving the vets :-)

Thanks everyone, it's somewhat official as I have accepted the position of Commander, now my 2nd job starts and it's already been going haywire! Life is good though, I like challenges and I know this will be a good one. I'll do my best to peek my head in here more often and stir the pot every once in a while, y'all take care of the place while I'm out saving the vets :-)

Its good to hear from you, and great to hear you are doing well! Good luck with the new position, you are definetly the man for the job!

Take care and say Hi to Lonna, Craig

Missed you guys on the Fort Davis trip.

Gary,

We missed y'all too, sorry we weren't able to hook up with you folks. I saw the pics and know y'all had a good time with Tom and all the misfits. We'll work on seeing you 2 when we get back up to Michigan, be safe my friend.

As a Welfare Officer with the Dept. Of Veterans Affairs here in Oz I know how important it is to look after our serving, and veteran personnel...and their families.

So, I wish you the very best in your endeavours Squidley....... It's an important role.

It is the most important role to be our brothers keeper, I will not fail on my watch.

So good to here from you Brad and your second job is more rewarding then your first I know. It is a good thing you are doing to help the Vet's. You and Lonna are mist by all of us. I work with Vet's pretty much on a daily bases and know of the rewards I get personally and all the fine friends I have met along the way. If you ever find yourself in Vegas give a shout it would be nice to see you again.