IGNORED

Carbon One's Bike stand

Steve S

I purchased a bike stand from Carbon One last fall but never had a chance to use it until this week. When I started rebuilding the Black Beast I put it on the stand. I soon realized that this was the best investment I have made since I started riding the Venture.

With the bike sitting level It is much easier to work on. That is easy enough to figure out. The real advantage is just how sturdy the stand is. I could have never been able to do the work I have done with the bike on a jack. It is unbelievable how much difference it has made for me to have this stand.

Larry, I want to thank you for not only making such a good product, But for making it available to everyone in here.:thumbsup2:

Ride safe

OK where did you get this stand. If is this good I might want to buy one, I need all the help I can get

Check the Classifieds on this site. I also recommend the lift adapter if you are going to do any serious wrenching.

RR

I too just got the lift lift adapter and absolutly love it. I went ahead and cut 2" off each leg and welded 300 lb casters to each foot. Now I can wheel and spin the bike around in the garage and shove it in to the corner with ease. Thanks Carbon One for a great product!

Larry's lift adapter and free standing legs was the best investment I have made since owning a RSMV. It makes it not only easier to work on the bike but it is also safer for yourself with the legs attached. And it is not expensive, Larry ships it right to your door. :thumbsup:

Buying one you won't regret it, you will kick yourself later if you don't have one.

:canada::7_6_3[1]::canada:

Check the Classifieds on this site. I also recommend the lift adapter if you are going to do any serious wrenching.

RR

I could not find this stand in the Classifieds! Is it just me, or do you have any other suggestions.

Thanks

Hi guys, Larry will probably read this post and let you know how to contact him, or you can send him a pm. I just got one of his stands, with the legs, last week, and I don't know how much $$$ this thing is going to save me in shop cost. Great stand and definately worth the investment.

It mounts in the place where the center stand would be. The RSV has a place for a center stand but they don't come with them. The adaptor mounts there each time in a matter of seconds and you remove it when your done, again in a matter of seconds. I bought mine a few days ago and I'm anxiously awaiting it. I got to look at one that Larry donated last year at Vogel. Very well made.

I use a Craftsman jack now and have to use wood blocks because the motor hangs below the frame. Even strapped down I feel uneasy getting on the floor with 800+ lbs of bike towering above me. Also the jack makes it hard to access one side of the bike. The lift adaptor with the freestanding legs solves all that. BTW the feet are now a standard feature on the legs making it even more stable.-Jack

I am gonna ask a really dumb question that has been bugging me since this was first made.

Does this adaptor stay mounted to the bike? Or does it just "pop" off when not required?

Rick,

It's removeable and hooks through where you would put a center stand. Once your done using it you simply pull the rod out and it drops down. You wont find an easier or better made product to use anywhere :happy34:

Thanks guys....I am sorry, but I had visions of driving around with this hanging on and the vision wasnt really pretty!

I want one...but have spent so much money this winter getting Marilyns bike set up for a trailer, and new tires and camper and and and.

First Ricks brake mod for both bikes if possible then....this rig.

Man....I do ramble dont I!!? lol.

I am gonna ask a really dumb question that has been bugging me since this was first made.

Does this adaptor stay mounted to the bike? Or does it just "pop" off when not required?

When not required it comes off very easily. You do not want to have it mounted on your bike when riding. It does interfer with the kickstand when it is on, but riding remove it. Only 1 slide on bolt to keep it attached to the bike. You only want to use this adapter if you are going to use your jack to lift the bike up off the floor to do some work on the bike.

Hope this helps.

:canada::7_6_3[1]::canada:

• 2 weeks later...

Did I see somewhere where I could purchase the plans for this lift frame? I told my son that I was going to buy one and he asked if he could make it for me. He's an engineering student and enjoys welding, so I figured I'd let him have a go at it. Now I can't seem to find the post that mentioned the plans.