IGNORED

Yamaha Part three

slowrollwv

Lookin again at those pics; those gotta be v-twins, right? With that single exhaust coming out of the rear jug. You'd think if it was a V-4, there'd be 2 exhaust, one coming outta each jug.

Take a look at the picture of the VMax... only see a single pipe on each side.... and that's the v4

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/details-build-price.php?model=4867&group=MC&catId=118

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookin again at those pics; those gotta be v-twins, right? With that single exhaust coming out of the rear jug. You'd think if it was a V-4, there'd be 2 exhaust, one coming outta each jug.

Thats what I thought until I looked at the new vmax. Noticed how only the front header pipe is exposed. Hoping they've done the opposite on the new cruiser88a4d4f5f5c5c85d56cdb2c84af4a7e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

With the "sneak preview" pictures, I am sort of hoping that the exhaust is partially blackened out coming from the front to the rear and it is really a V-4 in there. The detailing is hard to pick out in the picture! I'm really hoping for a large 4 banger...

Assuming that the new bike is not just going to be a converted Star VTwin, and the fun in contemplating what it's going to look like after dissecting the stealth pics, the one thing nobody seems concerned about is.......

The price$$$. :mo money:

If it is what everyone is hoping for, will they be able to afford it, or will Yamaha price themselves out of the market?? The only way I can see a new Venture making it would be if it were radically different and not just a re-schmooze of an existing bike. To be successful Yamaha needs to create their own new niche market. Marketing is a tricky thing and I hope that Yama-Mama gets it right... :backinmyday:

With the "sneak preview" pictures, I am sort of hoping that the exhaust is partially blackened out coming from the front to the rear and it is really a V-4 in there. The detailing is hard to pick out in the picture! I'm really hoping for a large 4 banger...

If you all look real hard there is something on the the front and runs below the foot rest like under the frame.....

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Did anyone else notice if you look at the right side and left side pic's that the exhaust headers are coming out of the rear jugs. If its a V twin one of them should be a cross over from the front jug.This is a V4 with the front pipes tucked under the frame.

Judging from the size and apparent I.D. of the muff's - I am thinking definitely V-4 and - from the placement of the headers,, a very good chance of it being boosted.. Mom Yam fooled with boosting back a number of years ago - remembering the 650.. I have always thought all engines should be boosted as its the most effecient way to gain horse power = because its using exhaust pressure to spool up the turbo = its actually free power!! Lots of the car companies are catching on to this - some even using twin turbos to gain both torque and hp...

Could be interesting.........

So,, I will ask again,, anybody thinking of going to the unveiling?

The price$$$. :mo money:

If it is what everyone is hoping for, will they be able to afford it, or will Yamaha price themselves out of the market?? The only way I can see a new Venture making it would be if it were radically different and not just a re-schmooze of an existing bike. To be successful Yamaha needs to create their own new niche market. Marketing is a tricky thing and I hope that Yama-Mama gets it right... :backinmyday:

That's my concern too. Some of the things that are being asked to be built in would be much more expensive than after market versions that likely to be better and which have the possibility of an upgrade as technology progresses. I'm thinking particularly of GPS and sound systems. It might be just me but my preference for mounting a GPS is on the handle bars which can be closer to my eyes which makes it safer to look at while riding. The other thing is sound systems. I would like to see an FM radio with a Bluetooth system which both transmits and receives so it will connect to both headsets and a music source. Forget building in XM Radio, just make the built in radio accept the connection to the XM.

I can't remember what the actual formula is but something like every dollar spent in the factory translates to $100 on the showroom floor.

The Venture Royale was built like a Cadillac and for the time was as costly as one. The mass market cannot afford a Cadillac.

Did anyone else notice if you look at the right side and left side pic's that the exhaust headers are coming out of the rear jugs. If its a V twin one of them should be a cross over from the front jug.This is a V4 with the front pipes tucked under the frame.

This makes perfect sense, surprised it wasn't brought up sooner.

I really hope it's a V4 as well. But the left and right pics are the same one, only reversed. The back ground is exactly the same !? The old reverse the slide trick !!

I really hope it's a V4 as well. But the left and right pics are the same one, only reversed. The back ground is exactly the same !? The old reverse the slide trick !!

Crap! your right, it is reversed. Guess we will have to wait till June 5th to find out.

If someone has a larger display.... from the picture of the guy in the yellow jacket to the guy in the blue/dark jacket.... is it the same side of the bike shown?

For example...look for the heel/toe shifter....or is it the brake pedal? Is only one side of the bike captured or both in separate pictures?

A lot of thoughts and wishes have been discussed about Yamaha Part Three.

My questions are:

1. What is Yamaha going to do to entice their dealers to bring in these bikes and have them on the showroom floor?

2. More importantly, How are they going to drive the rider to these dealers to purchase these bikes?

Me, like many others I'm looking forward to the unveil and yes I'm saving my pennies and picking up cans (my brothers in Iowa know what I'm talking about). If disappointed I guess that I have a few bucks tucked away and the Iowa landscape is that much cleaner and prettier.

Happy Monday...

A lot of thoughts and wishes have been discussed about Yamaha Part Three.

My questions are:

1. What is Yamaha going to do to entice their dealers to bring in these bikes and have them on the showroom floor?

2. More importantly, How are they going to drive the rider to these dealers to purchase these bikes?

Me, like many others I'm looking forward to the unveil and yes I'm saving my pennies and picking up cans (my brothers in Iowa know what I'm talking about). If disappointed I guess that I have a few bucks tucked away and the Iowa landscape is that much cleaner and prettier.

Happy Monday...

Me and grandpa used to go out at 5 am for a 5 mile ride and pick up cans, till the early 90s when he got to afraid to do it anymore... More cars and trucks taking his route where we used to be lucky to see 2 cars a day...

Crap! your right, it is reversed. Guess we will have to wait till June 5th to find out.

Look at the pics again and you will notice that the rear brakes are on opposite sides when you flip from right to left pic. There is one pipe from the front and one from the back jugs. If it is a V4 then they have a header hid in there on both jugs.

All the pics are of the left side of the bikes. The one pic that appears to be of the right side is a reversed negative, you can tell by the back ground and the shadows, also the sun shining off his helmet.

Looks like a bigger pic of the front end.

From that pic it looks like it really will have a 4 headlight system.

I wonder if that will be 4 headlights or 2 headlights and 2 driving lights? Hopefully LED or HID.

I don't know but I am going to grand lake you all have fun debating

I don't know but I am going to grand lake you all have fun debating

Do you mean Lake George for the unveiling Snype? I wanna go really bad = I just got this overwhelming gut feeling that Mom Yam is fixing to actually turn the touring world on its nose and I wanna be there when she does.. Seen it before,, Mono Shock - TZ road racers - V-Maxes and of course the 1st Gens...

Do you mean Lake George for the unveiling Snype? I wanna go really bad = I just got this overwhelming gut feeling that Mom Yam is fixing to actually turn the touring world on its nose and I wanna be there when she does.. Seen it before,, Mono Shock - TZ road racers - V-Maxes and of course the 1st Gens...

No I went to your cove at grand lake and didn't find the hotdogs 73f108793f4161ec01f17a6835df237e.jpg3b287f991403ec958d263d25243654b7.jpgdab84104aef049720d62e40507a9ffe9.jpg