IGNORED

Yamaha Part three

slowrollwv

Lol see I'm telling you there bringing out a version pretty close to our bikes...

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

I bet its gonna be pretty close to the design of the Gen 1's. You can tell by looking at the spy photos that its a fixed fairing bike. Not like the Gen 2's. It might not have the sport touriness (I invented a new word) of the gen 1's, but its gonna have a fixed fairing like them, and the mosaic pics of the side bag does have some shapiness (another new word) of the pre-Gen2 Ventures. And, like the Gen 1's, it apparently is going to have some front edge technology stuff on it. We certainly love teh Gen 2's, but I think we can all agree that they didn't have leading edge technology on them like the Gen 1's did. Hopefully, this bike is going to have all we've ever wanted on a Yamaha full dresser.

BL

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things we have derived from the spy photos from a couple years ago, and the Journey Farther videos and mosaic pics:

1. Full dresser touring bike - Yes. (Spy photos)

2. Fixed fairing - Yes. (Spy photos)

3. VTwin or V4 - Not sure. (Spy photos)

4. Fuel injected - Yes. (3rd video comments, and nobody in their right mind would bring out a non fuel injected bike) Lol.

5. Heated Seats - Most likely. (3rd video comments)

6. Heated grips - Most likely. (3rd video comments)

7. Heated passenger backrest - Most likely. (3rd video comments)

8. Four headlights - Yes. (Mosaic pic)

9. Modern sound system - Most likely. (3rd video comments, and last mosaic has an antenna)

10. Built in GPS - Most likely. (3rd video comments)

11. Intercom system - Not sure.

12. Bluetooth capabilities - Most likely. (3rd video comments)

13. Anti lock brakes - Not sure.

14. Water cooled - Not sure, but probably. (Spy photos)

15. Feet forward rider sitting position - Yes. (Spy photos)

16. Reverse system - Maybe. (3rd video comments)

17. Large rider floorboards - Yes. (Spy photos)

18. Shaft drive, or belt drive - Not sure.

Anybody want to alter this list, or add to it?

Big Lenny

@BigLenny

1, 2, 15 and 17 agree with what I posted back in post 31 of this thread and I still agree.

#4 you just had to throw in that "in their right mind" part, these are the same minds that 3 years ago were still putting in a cassette deck on new bikes.....

#8 , in the mosaic the outer lights look smaller than the center 2, could be 2 headlights and 2 driving/fog lights. 4 Headlights would be awesome, 2 high beam and 2 low beam and they all are on with high beam, be the same as a cars lighting. You can not have to much light in deer country at night.

With that possible 4 headlight system and heated grips seats and backrest, I am hoping for a really beefy charging system that can power all that and still have room to handle a lot of add on toys, like extra lighting heated gear etc.

I seem to remember you posting that you would be cutting across Ontario....If you are still doing that....what is your route and rough estimate of timing thru the Woodstock/Kitchener/Brantford area? Several members in this area and maybe we could hold you up for a few minutes for a coffee.

Bikes done and ready to rock, gonna snap on the tent and leave here around 1 on Sunday afternoon with hopes to arrive Niagra Falls area before dark.. Not even sure what the roads are across Ontario but I do know there is a main road I have ridden across several times = almost a straight line shot going east from our house to Lake George.. Only issue I see at this time is the weather out east right now = cold and lots of rain? I am still under a low immune system warning and gotta be careful about getting chilled.. Today it was 80 here and BEAUTIFUL - was telling Tip that because of Lake George being straight east of us = they should be getting this weather we have been getting just about on time to make for a great rally out there = the weather man out there does not agree, talking high of 60 degrees and 90% wet Sunday thru Tuesday:bang head:.. Gotta play it by ear - hoping and praying by Sunday afternoon those eastern weather forecasters will come to their senses. If they do, we would be thrilled to share a cup of coffee with anyone wanting to hook up along the trail that has the gorgeous new 1700cc Vmax motored 3rd Gen Yamaha Venture at the end of it!!!!:banana:

Puc, central ny is under rain clouds all day today. the rest of the week call for mid 60's to mid 70's with chance of rain everyday. we are leaving for Lake George on Friday for 2 days. Using the time off we took for MD.

Bikes done and ready to rock, gonna snap on the tent and leave here around 1 on Sunday afternoon with hopes to arrive Niagra Falls area before dark.. Not even sure what the roads are across Ontario but I do know there is a main road I have ridden across several times = almost a straight line shot going east from our house to Lake George.. Only issue I see at this time is the weather out east right now = cold and lots of rain? I am still under a low immune system warning and gotta be careful about getting chilled.. Today it was 80 here and BEAUTIFUL - was telling Tip that because of Lake George being straight east of us = they should be getting this weather we have been getting just about on time to make for a great rally out there = the weather man out there does not agree, talking high of 60 degrees and 90% wet Sunday thru Tuesday:bang head:.. Gotta play it by ear - hoping and praying by Sunday afternoon those eastern weather forecasters will come to their senses. If they do, we would be thrilled to share a cup of coffee with anyone wanting to hook up along the trail that has the gorgeous new 1700cc Vmax motored 3rd Gen Yamaha Venture at the end of it!!!!:banana:

Puc I know you're a 'Rollin' Stone', but in your condition would ya go stand in a cold shower for half an hour?? It's one thing to go on an adVenture that's fun and enjoyable, but upstate New York doesn't sound like a good place pitch a tent for the next 2-3 days. If ya do go maybe ya could hang a Bongobobs and stay dry??

Puc I know you're a 'Rollin' Stone', but in your condition would ya go stand in a cold shower for half an hour?? It's one thing to go on an adVenture that's fun and enjoyable, but upstate New York doesn't sound like a good place pitch a tent for the next 2-3 days. If ya do go maybe ya could hang a Bongobobs and stay dry??

What he said we have to look out for our national treasures... Maybe you could pitch the tent in his garage if you must pitch a tent..

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Bongobobs is on the other end of the state from Lake George, about a 5 hour ride.

:sign03:Well for something that was hyped half way to hell & back, It's a bit of a letdown imo.

It's now 5th June 11:15 am Pacific (so 4 hours later on the east coast) & searching, I can find NOTHING.... absolutely nothing about this hyped "new" m/c. Was it just one huge HOAX? Agree with others here:

:worthless::worthless:

apologies! I see it's not unveiled till 7pm. Jeez talk about stretching things out!

:sign03:Well for something that was hyped half way to hell & back, It's a bit of a letdown imo.

It's now 5th June 11:15 am Pacific (so 4 hours later on the east coast) & searching, I can find NOTHING.... absolutely nothing about this hyped "new" m/c. Was it just one huge HOAX? Agree with others here:

:worthless::worthless:

Go to the Americade site, for more info.