IGNORED

Yamaha Part three

slowrollwv

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the looks of that picture on the website I think it may end up looking a lot like a goldwing. But in reality, with all of the discussion, waiting, complaining about mother Yamaha forgetting about the touring market, disappointment year after year with no new scoot from them....how many on this site will actually buy a new bike? I know myself, if it does not have the "classic" look that I like, I will not purchase one. I am curious though and will be keeping an eye on the reveal but will not be surprised if I am let down.

By the looks of that picture on the website I think it may end up looking a lot like a goldwing. But in reality, with all of the discussion, waiting, complaining about mother Yamaha forgetting about the touring market, disappointment year after year with no new scoot from them....how many on this site will actually buy a new bike? I know myself, if it does not have the "classic" look that I like, I will not purchase one. I am curious though and will be keeping an eye on the reveal but will not be surprised if I am let down.

Very good question. I will take a stab at it. I don't think I would. I just retired and still have a bike and car payment for at least two more years. By the time I get them off my hands I will be looking to down size or trike. Unless it really knocks my socks off.

Retired. Sitting up daydreaming all night? I managed to get rid of all the payments. BUT!!! Am I done?? My head says it would be the smart thing. But I hear a scoot go up the river road and I hurry out on to the deck just to get a glimpse at it!! My heads not a good place to be the last couple years. Would I do another payment?? I had a handful of cash and was on my way the last trike I decided I wanted. Life has reduced that cash. Got a garage full of ideas and a leg and chest that keep me from starting on them. So it just keeps on keeping on!! I wish I had a few convicts to Correct!!! A Gen III? A 1st Gen with all the shortcomings they missed the 1st time??? Would I buy one?? I got a Voyager Kit......

Retired. Sitting up daydreaming all night? I managed to get rid of all the payments. BUT!!! Am I done?? My head says it would be the smart thing. But I hear a scoot go up the river road and I hurry out on to the deck just to get a glimpse at it!! My heads not a good place to be the last couple years. Would I do another payment?? I had a handful of cash and was on my way the last trike I decided I wanted. Life has reduced that cash. Got a garage full of ideas and a leg and chest that keep me from starting on them. So it just keeps on keeping on!! I wish I had a few convicts to Correct!!! A Gen III? A 1st Gen with all the shortcomings they missed the 1st time??? Would I buy one?? I got a Voyager Kit......

I have never gotten anything on credit, However I have been trying to establish credit. Seems anymore its the only way you can get anything. Tried for Home loan, was told to try and get a car on payments that report.... If it is something I really really really like and makes me drop my jaw... I will go for my first Loan!!! If not I like the fact I own everything free and clear no payments, However I hate paying rent.....

I have never gotten anything on credit, However I have been trying to establish credit. Seems anymore its the only way you can get anything. Tried for Home loan, was told to try and get a car on payments that report.... If it is something I really really really like and makes me drop my jaw... I will go for my first Loan!!! If not I like the fact I own everything free and clear no payments, However I hate paying rent.....

I'm a lot the same and not paying rent but this retirement crap SUCKS!!!

I'm stoked and hope they hit it out of the park. I took a leap of faith and emailed all my Hardley Davidson friends...so I might be eating crow. That being said, I'm counting my money, scrimping and saving in hopes that it hits the sweet spot. I hate loans, the only one's I have is for the house and my car that I use for work but I'm pretty sure I could get talked into "The Last Bike" purchase.

Keeping in mind that credit is like quick-sand, the deeper in you get the faster you sink.

The best way to build a credit rating is to get a credit card with no fee if you pay it off in full by the due date. If you can't qualify for a credit card you can probably get a department charge card by purchasing an item over 90 days. After paying off the item, on time, you may qualify for a credit card. Hard to say these days if that will be enough so it might be necessary to use the card for longer. Essentially you need to establish a credit history. If you are a Costco or Walmart shopper it might be easier to get one of their cards.

There is one hard and fast rule that must not ever be broken. Just to be clear, that means never, not even just once. Always pay of the credit card in full by the due date. If that can't be done then your purchases are not in your budget. If you are not positive that can be managed then credit is not for you. :no-no-no:

I use a credit card to pay for everything and have been doing this for decades, quite a few decades. :backinmyday:

It's very convenient and much safer than carrying cash and I get money back. Plus, there is a record of everything purchased so it is easy to track where your whole paycheck went.

I agree with Camos, I use charge cards for EVERYTHING! It is a discipline though, and pay off the entire balance in full before the due date! I pay mine off on a weekly basis, that way if I ever do accidentally overspend I still have a few weeks to make up the additional money. Online payments are the way to go for doing that! Also, by using credit cards I am able to literally give myself a minimum of a 1% raise but more like 2% to 3% of my income with cash back programs. For me, unless you have no annual fee and give me money back, I don't use or even own you. I just bought a new $40,000 car in February and got over $2500 cash back from my GM card towards the purchase price, and when we went on vacation the following month I cashed in $300 for gas cards from other credit cards. The only downside from the whole car purchase is my FICO score dropped waaaay down to 830 (yes I am being a little sarcastic).

So yes, IMHO, make credit cards work to your advantage! No, it is not for the faint of heart or the undisciplined though...

I agree with Camos, I use charge cards for EVERYTHING! It is a discipline though, and pay off the entire balance in full before the due date! I pay mine off on a weekly basis, that way if I ever do accidentally overspend I still have a few weeks to make up the additional money. Online payments are the way to go for doing that! Also, by using credit cards I am able to literally give myself a minimum of a 1% raise but more like 2% to 3% of my income with cash back programs. For me, unless you have no annual fee and give me money back, I don't use or even own you. I just bought a new $40,000 car in February and got over $2500 cash back from my GM card towards the purchase price, and when we went on vacation the following month I cashed in $300 for gas cards from other credit cards. The only downside from the whole car purchase is my FICO score dropped waaaay down to 830 (yes I am being a little sarcastic).

So yes, IMHO, make credit cards work to your advantage! No, it is not for the faint of heart or the undisciplined though...

I hate plastic, all there hidden fees and such. I finally gave in 2007 and got a Plastic Card for my bank, no one wants checks no more or they hand it right back to you. So what is the point. Plus for some reason I can qualify for signature loans but not Credit Cards. But I have came a long way from my 240 credit score 5 yrs ago.. I may have to give in and get a secured Credit Card, which some try to tell you other wise but all it is, is prepaid card.

So, is that a picture of the front end headlight structure of the "New Bike" hidden in the mosaic? Looks like a "4 eyed owl" to me. Hope she is a beauty!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109131

:scared:We got that two great minds thing happening Riv = I noticed that too and thought WOWZY WOW WOW WOW - looks like Mom Yam is actually,, finally and forever more gonna DO SOMETHING here!!!

Got the ol :fingers-crossed-emo hoping she noticed my wish list:

"""""1700cc V-4 "V-Max" motor.. Detune it if you must (just like before) but please,, dont do another V-Twin - got enough of em.. You guys can do it,, I KNOW YOU CAN!!

Shaft drive!

EFI with a tunable tuner - even if its an add on - please provide one so we can tune it!!

LED lighting.

Engine guarding and saddle bag guarding.

Adjustable bars like on the first gen.

Factory tank and windshield bags.

Fixed Fairing.

Get the same Doctors who advised you on constructing the seat of the 1st Gens (cant remember what you call those guys) to advise you on this one - my kids, wife and I LOVE what they did!! Keep the seat height difference between the rider and passenger no more than 3 inches (2 is great) - raising the passenger higher causes weight imbalance and makes slow speed riding harder.

Ease of removal of the trunk(s) for changing rear tire.

Center stand.

Forward boards with normal foot pegs located rearward so standing up while riding is still possible, shift and brake levers at both locations (no heal toe please).

Hand warmers.

Key removable rear trunk and bags.

Grease zerks on all main pivot points.

High output stator even though it has LED's.

Double check the gear sets in the tranny and make sure they ramp up solidly.

Oversized clutch to insure NO slippage in high gears with xtra weight.

42 millimeter front fork tubes with progressive springs.

Imbed reflective tape (or use reflective paint) in paint lines (like pin striping) so all profiles of bike light up when grazed by car lights.

Add a large foot onto side stand - tired of bending over to pick up stand plate after parking on loose ground.

Explore which tire sizes are the most common and build around those standards so tire choices and finding them are easy.

Remember those long grips you used on the first gens? Use those, I love bending them back onto my knees.

Enclose the motor well to keep ANY objectional heat off both riders BUT - use lots of venting with plenums to act as heaters when needed.

Windshield it so the rear rider remains in the protective air pocket - functional vents in shield and fairing to adjust air movement if needed (hey,, could be asking for servo operated shield but I dont care for more things to go wrong).

6 speed Over drive tranny.

Use GOOD solder, especially with ECU pins. QC the daylights out of it! DONT go cheap and trust the Chinese!!

Dont short us on wire harness leads so wiring is tight - xtra 1/4 inch really helps!!

Make fairing panels easy to remove but not so they fall off.

Supply printable shop manual disc and printed well written owners manual. Supply GOOD factory tire pressure guage.

Chrome is out for me, I LOVE dull stainless (like the pipes on the "New" V-Max),, matter of fact,, build mine with no rustable chrome and all dull stainless!!

Intercom, CB and radio would be nice.. Keep the tape deck.

OK, if you REALLY are reading this and you like what I am talking,, PLEASE make mine just a little faster in stock form than anyone elses.. Not that I would ever use the extra pazzaazz but I have buddies that I gotta compete with and just KNOWING I have the fastest one would be worth an extra grand to me""""

Cause :173: if she did I am gonna ABSOLUTELY be first in line,,,,,,,,,:think:,,,,,,,, at least for a test ride!!!!:missingtooth:..

Fact is, Tip and I just bought a new Touring bike and it has endured itself to us (love ya Tweeksis).. The least we can do is hold off the purchasing our next new Tourer until this is one is wore out..

slowrollwv - hey Roller - THANKS A GIZILLION for sharing this - definitely exciting news to say the least!! :fingers-crossed-emo it is what we all hope it is and not another one those "got cha" moments by Mom Yam!!!:240:

That is why I have a debit card for my bank... Its all I use. And that is a big negative on credit card,

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

I agree with what has already been said, especially NEVER EVER make a late payment and NEVER EVER carry a balance. A finance fee probably looks small but most of us make a finite amount of money a year and it adds up and comes right off your bottom line. First go to your credit union and you can almost surely get a credit card (not debit) but an actual Visa with a stupid low limit like $200 and an insane APR, the APR doesnt matter because you will never ever carry a balance. And the limit is not critical bacause all you have to do is show activity, get gas or a bag of groceries and pay it off immediately when you get the bill. I dont see any perks for charging more, just monthly activity and paying off demonstrating a pattern of responsible credit use. Your rating will come up well. I only go with $0 annual fee, they will never make a cent off me. If your still using a bank, knock it off and find your best rated local credit union. Much easier for lines of credit. I walked into mine and told them I want a CC for rebuilding my post divorce credit and thats what I got. Ideally you can end up with two credit lines and use, even just a little and pay off and you will soon see results. Make sure and get your annual credit reports free and clean up any old messes. My mentor showed me all this and it works. Im seeing results. The other thing I got plenty of flack about was not living beneath my means. Made lots of changes a couple years ago with a mentor. I cut cable and landline, ditched verizon and have a Cricket sim in my old phone, saving hundreds a month there alone. I have stand alone internet for $26/mo. I stopped with the daily coffee and just got generally frugal. I got rid of car and bike payments and some other needless expenditures. It is possible to live well without making 6 figures if care is taken. I only meention this because it came up and I have been given a successful method and hope some of it might be useful to someone else.

How does this tie into a new Venture. Simple, I will not likely buy new, if they hit the mark I'm going to let some other chump take the depreciation and pick up a minty low mileage one for thousands less after a year or two. There is always someone buying then reselling, maybe it is to much bike, maybe the owner is enough of a poon to let his wife make him sell it, whatever, ill probably buy it for around 40-60% MSRP. Because I have been rebuilding my credit and watching what I spend I will be able to slap a hefty down and payoff within 8-12 mo. This better be a special bike and not just a slightly improved version of what everyone else is already doing or I will not think twice about throwing that money into an IRA instead. If Yamaha does this right, churns out a bike I really want to own, I can and might buy. A great realization is I already have a couple great bikes and I dont need to buy anything. So it better be good if I plunk down thousands on one. If this bike is what I hope it is I may wander into Yamaha and ride one home... Not likely but sure possible.

I was told once about credit cards that if you pay the balance off all the time it makes no difference to your credit rating. A few times, don't pay off the entire amount (DON'T miss a payment though - pay minimum or better) when the bill comes. Pay off the balance the following month. This gets reported as credit used, balance payed off.

Since MD is June 9-11...and the announcement is on June 5th....possible someone might bring one to MD ? Freebird....maybe a local Yamaha dealer will bring one over? Even if it is on a trailer and no "joy rides"...will be nice to see one and be able to look it over.

I was told once about credit cards that if you pay the balance off all the time it makes no difference to your credit rating. A few times, don't pay off the entire amount (DON'T miss a payment though - pay minimum or better) when the bill comes. Pay off the balance the following month. This gets reported as credit used, balance payed off.

Since MD is June 9-11...and the announcement is on June 5th....possible someone might bring one to MD ? Freebird....maybe a local Yamaha dealer will bring one over? Even if it is on a trailer and no "joy rides"...will be nice to see one and be able to look it over.

I believe its true that paying it off vs paying partial has no perk for credit building but with a carried balance you end up paying a financing fee. If this fee is added up and examined at the end of the year its a fair chunk, its sobering to see the results of " renting" money. My experiences with paying balance off in full is not only gratifying but financially sound since I start thinking of my savings on an annual basis. Its like free money not to carry a balance. I save on average $200-300.year by doinf this, pay auto insurance 6 month policies up front i stead of making payments, another $240/year in my pocket. Credit union instead of bank, another 50-100/year saved on redicilous hidden fees. Its a two part approach of building credit and not giving away any more than I must. It really ads up fast. I guess I can think of this as about three free bike payments a year for nothing more than adjusting some spending hobbits.

As for getting the new Venture at MD, we dont need rides but we really should have a Yamaha sponsored burn-out pit in which to showcase its 175+ rwhp. Yes? :happy34:

That is why I have a debit card for my bank... Its all I use. And that is a big negative on credit card,
Debit cards are safer than cash but they cost per transaction rather than pay back per transaction. They do not offer a 30 day buffer nor do they let you use the banks money for free and, to your point, they don't build a credit rating. Can't stress it enough, you gotta know yourself and anyone else who might have access to your credit card.

The only other plus to having a real CC is most of them have pretty decent buyer protections built in, that can be really nice for online shoppers or travelers. Besides you might need one if you ever have to rent a car or something.

The last time I tried renting a car or a hotel room they would not take a debit cart, insisted on a CC.

As mentioned there are minimal protections on a debit card if your should be compromised. CC is a LOT safer to use in todays world full of hackers and scammers.

I believe its true that paying it off vs paying partial has no perk for credit building but with a carried balance you end up paying a financing fee. ....

I'm not saying run up a large tab and pay the high interest they charge. Get a card, buy something, pay part of it off, then the entire balance the following month. Do this a couple times to establish credit at the start.

Another example... when my daughter was 19 she wanted to buy a car and had the cash to buy a brand new car. I told her to pay half, finance the rest (make sure it was open so she could pay the balance any time without penalty) and a couple months later pay it off in full. Had she paid cash her credit wouldn't have been established. Having a short term loan she was able to have a paid off loan on her credit history. Starting out with no credit history, this was the best way to do it.

I'm not saying run up a large tab and pay the high interest they charge. Get a card, buy something, pay part of it off, then the entire balance the following month. Do this a couple times to establish credit at the start.

Another example... when my daughter was 19 she wanted to buy a car and had the cash to buy a brand new car. I told her to pay half, finance the rest (make sure it was open so she could pay the balance any time without penalty) and a couple months later pay it off in full. Had she paid cash her credit wouldn't have been established. Having a short term loan she was able to have a paid off loan on her credit history. Starting out with no credit history, this was the best way to do it.

Point well taken. That sounds sound. Good for making that much by 19, thats awesome. She could have got you a new bike, just sayin'. :biker:

The whole being cheap and counting every bit is a completely new way of thinking, I gotta say it feels great to see how far not much can go. The hard part is realizing how much I could have saved by now had I listened sooner.

I was raised never use credit, pay in cash. But as I get older maybe I should have built some kind of credit. I have had excellent pay history but, it was never reported. Also paid most things off early....

I was raised never use credit, pay in cash. But as I get older maybe I should have built some kind of credit. I have had excellent pay history but, it was never reported. Also paid most things off early....

No worries, no credit history is easy to fix, easier than patching up damaged credit. Never know when having credit will be a saving grace. I never had the disciplin I do now and its not as hard ot tedious as it would seem.

I just for kicks looked at the tech sheet for the Trophy, that 1215 is a triple! Looks like a super sweet steed. I would be thrilled to own another Triumph triple! I would hate to cheat on Yamaha, but I have needs. :fnd_(16):

If it is a twin I will forgive them if they spread it out to. 65 deg and toss a huffer of some kind on it, no NA. A big plus for a faint supercharger whine!

Edited by CaseyJ955