IGNORED

Yamaha video with diamond cut heads

vzuden

That is a great video and nice that it showcases Mike's diamond cuts. I find that video very strange though. Why does a company create a video and show it on their home page and feature nothing but bikes that they no longer make? Seems like very poor marketing to me.

Mike Griswold wrote on a FB page the following: Jerry Mefford and Dee Mefford are in this spot from Yamaha. Two more in the next couple of months. This was the video Yamaha was recruiting for. Thinking they will introduce something to interest Royal Star owners this summer.

The Jerry Mefford wrote: Well...I guess many of you are on to us! Yes, an ad firm representing Yamaha Motors was here at our house filming. We were filming for three "teasers" to be released in each of the next three months.Of course my next thought to ask was...."teasers" for what? The guys were very professional in stating that they had no clue about anything.

These were fun to do but SO nerve wracking!! LOL!

I guess you'll see more of "us" over the next three months! LOL!

So looks like something is in the works at Yamaha, but what - new touring bike perhaps???????:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Here is a link to the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/21338336667/

for the few folks that have not yet met Jerry and Dee Mefford:

they are the most thoughtful and fun folks that you would ever get a chance to meet, and wonderful representatives of Yamaha and Star motorcycles or motorcycle owners of any kind for that matter.

Thank you to them for just being "THEM"

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth...

I stopped by my local dealer today and while talking to a sales rep I asked about any upcoming announcement by Yamaha. He said there are regional dealer meetings scheduled for June 12th (I believe he said the 12th, but that week anyway). Word is that there is an announcement planned after the meetings. He said the dealers are having to commit to certain advertising requirements specified by Yamaha if they want to be able to participate in whatever it is that Yamaha will be announcing.

Lots of speculation and not much detail I know, however we may now know when to expect something... or nothing...