IGNORED

Well I am another part of the Corona stats.

Flyinfool

Yup it happened yesterday (Friday) was my last day of work. I was let go indefinatly due to things being slow from the Corona bug. No indication of if or when I might get called back to work.

Boy there are slim pickings on the various job sites.

This could turn into a LONG ugly stretch.

I sent out 22 resumes today and will do more everyday till I find sumpin.

Those who know me know just how dangerous it can be to leave me alone with my thoughts, BAD things can happen........

I'm sorry to hear the bad news. It is the most empty feeling one can imagine. I feel you. I've been laid off from work once in my life and I pray and hopefully it never happens again. This is also a difficult time to find employment since there are not a lot of companies hiring with a restricted economy. Lean to your family and fill them with smiles and talks of good times. Have a real nice dinner at home with your loved ones, etc. We are in this together and I am optimistic the economy will rebound stronger and sooner. Regards.

I was only out of work once, and then I was only 16,,, not a good feeling at all. It's like you're not wanted anymore, and we all have a desire to be needed. It's about the same when it's time to tell somebody they are no longer needed in your employ,, very difficult time for both.

So, set aside those feelings if you have them and focus on what you can do to make a difference somewhere, somehow, no matter how little it may seem.

One of the little things would be to keep us posted as to what you have been up to, a bit of a diary of sorts. That way we can encourage you as well.

Blessings, Fool,,, for you ain't no fool!!

I'm very sorry to hear that.

Getting laid off from a long term job is supposedly one of the most stressful things you can go through. Divorce is worse and death of a spouse is the most stressful supposedly. I know. I went through a divorce and 8 yrs later I got laid off after 21 yrs on a job. In my case, I only worked temporary engineering contract jobs all over the eastern half of the USA afterwards until I retired. Working contract, I got laid off many times. My temp jobs lasted from 6 weeks to over 3 1/2 yrs. I rarely knew how long they would last. Didn't worry about getting laid off at all after the first time. But, temp jobs are not for everybody. I'm not a worrier and it suited my independent streak.

:scared: finish that rocket and send er on over :missingtooth:

I got laid off one time in my life, it was a different day and age right after the end of the war in Nam and I was working on my Journeyman's Card as a Machinist (having a blast). Huge economic downturns, prime at 21%, gas no where to be found had tripled in price, high hp had become a no no,, you may remember those days Jeff? I had always had aspirations of owning a bike shop as a kid so I instead of letting my unemployed status define my life I went right to work spinning wrenches in a Honda shop at a highly reduced rate of pay making my 1 year layoff one of the best years of my working life - not all treasure is silver and gold. Maybe this is your chance to focus your attention on something you have always wanted to do but never felt the elbow room to do it?? I say dont wait,,, look for it,, its out there!! :thumbsup:

:scared: of course,, you really could finish that rocket and send er over!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Well I will be working on a lot of things around the house that would have been difficult to do while taking time out to go to work every day. Some of the projects I already have all or at least most of the materials on hand so there will be no or at least very little required cash outlay. Today will be sunny and around 50° so it will be a good day to go outside and start working on all of the maintenance that is required as my truck turns over the 100K mark. Had I still been working it would have hit 100 K next week.

So far this is just a normal weekend, It will hit home tomorrow morning when I am not heading to work.

Then comes the dreaded annual task of cleaning the aquarium. I have made a great effort to set it up as close as possible to being a complete ecosystem so that it only needs to be cleaned once a year. There are critters in there that I may only see once or twice a year and then only for a few seconds, but they are there because they have a job to do.

Fish.jpg

So much to do so little time,,,,,,,,,,Oh wait, now I have lots of time. Is this where I get clobbered by having used the excuse "I'll do that some day when I have time". I think I am in trouble cuz I think someday just got here.........

At least I have a lot to kep me busy and not give my poor little brain to much time to think. @cowpuc favorite WWW was invented while I was off work on medical issues and was left alone with my poor little brain idling.

Well I will be working on a lot of things around the house that would have been difficult to do while taking time out to go to work every day. Some of the projects I already have all or at least most of the materials on hand so there will be no or at least very little required cash outlay. Today will be sunny and around 50° so it will be a good day to go outside and start working on all of the maintenance that is required as my truck turns over the 100K mark. Had I still been working it would have hit 100 K next week.

So far this is just a normal weekend, It will hit home tomorrow morning when I am not heading to work.

Then comes the dreaded annual task of cleaning the aquarium. I have made a great effort to set it up as close as possible to being a complete ecosystem so that it only needs to be cleaned once a year. There are critters in there that I may only see once or twice a year and then only for a few seconds, but they are there because they have a job to do.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118615

So much to do so little time,,,,,,,,,,Oh wait, now I have lots of time. Is this where I get clobbered by having used the excuse "I'll do that some day when I have time". I think I am in trouble cuz I think someday just got here.........

At least I have a lot to kep me busy and not give my poor little brain to much time to think. cowpuc favorite WWW was invented while I was off work on medical issues and was left alone with my poor little brain idling.

Can sure tell it's the weekend and you are not in your "working" mind brother.. Ya lop eared white washin varmint,, ya done forgot to sign this with that cute little man and his spray paint can :big-grin-emoticon: that you invented!!!

Sorry to hear anyone is out of work. I'm still working but with a 20% pay cut. Once this thing is over if pay is not returned to where it was pretty quickly I'll be on the market. I've had only 4 Full Time jobs in 35 + years and have not been with out some form of a job since I started delivering papers as a boy. Counting my blessings at the moment and wish all here a strong recovery.

Yup it happened yesterday (Friday) was my last day of work. I was let go indefinatly due to things being slow from the Corona bug. No indication of if or when I might get called back to work.

Boy there are slim pickings on the various job sites.

This could turn into a LONG ugly stretch.

I sent out 22 resumes today and will do more everyday till I find sumpin.

Those who know me know just how dangerous it can be to leave me alone with my thoughts, BAD things can happen........

Were Not gonna start gett'n snow in the middle of summer now are we. :snow::snow2:

Were Not gonna start gett'n snow in the middle of summer now are we. :snow::snow2:

Funny that you should mention that. I don't know if you recall that @cowpuc,, a couple of years ago had tasked me with inventing some high temperature snow. His target for me was and still is 60°. I did send him a sample of my progress when i dumped on him late last spring at 48°, not quite 60° but showing progress. And now i have time to play with some new ideas, and nothing else to keep my devious little mind busy. I had put this on the side cuz i was so busy working at my new job I had very little time to even play with the WWW machine this winter cuz I was to busy working.

shhh! don't let him hear you say that word !!!!

To late, I have incredible hearing...........

Can sure tell it's the weekend and you are not in your "working" mind brother.. Ya lop eared white washin varmint,, ya done forgot to sign this with that cute little man and his spray paint can :big-grin-emoticon: that you invented!!!

1Just for you Puc

boule-neig.gifWI White Washer.gif

@Flyinfool,, Couple days ago Tip and I boogied up to Fremont Mi,, about 30 miles North East of us (remember it @videoarizona ? It is the place where you stopped to take pics of the Amish Sign) to pick up a few groceries outside of Muskegon Corona Country.. On the way there,, I was looking out of Troopers (our little Ioniq Motorhome) window and notice lots of what appeared to be light colored smoke.. As we neared,, I told Tip it almost looked like think ground fog.. As Troop led is into the fog,, it suddenly occurred to us that we had just entered a blinding blizzard of a snow storm.. Looked down at Troops outside ambFient temp gauge (things almost as fancy and electronically controlled as the new SVTC Venture) and noticed it was 53 degrees outside.. Getting closer Fool,, gettin closer!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Ohhhh,, by the way,, gas up there was a buck a gallon,,, cost us 78 cents to run up and back Vaz :missingtooth:

Idle minds, especially mine can be a dangerous thing. You better find me a job quick before I do something crazy.

Hope everyone south of us reads and heeds this warning! A bored man with his finger on a machine like the mighty WWW could really make life down on the U.S./Mexico border interesting...

Yea I'm with ya. I was told by the college, "no problem we are gonna pay you thru end of your contract in May. A few days later, "well we are closing and we will pay you 2 weeks, file for unemployment". Gee thanks along with the other 200k or what ever it is people in Fla filing and the web site crashes every day. I really have half a mind to start looking at Lowes or something that is still up and running.

My DIL was working in an OBGYN clinic that was taken over by some other doctors just as this virus started. They ended up laying her off and she applied for unemployment and she is supposed to also get the $600 additional a week. I have not talked to my son to see how that is going.

Been there, done that on the layoff thing. Almost every company I have worked for since I got out of the service 47 years ago is long gone. Some were bought out by bigger companies and taken to Mexico or China and some were just run into the ground by the 3rd generation. Either way, I always managed and am now glad to be retired and doing what I want.

I wish you the best and do you know if you will be eligible for the $600 a week thing?

Randy

Well, Flyin Fool, you could mosey up this way and build fire trucks! If you can read a tape measure you out qualify 90 percent of our new hires!

If you were closer I would consider it, But I really dread the thought of relocating, or that 160 miles each way would be a pretty long commute.

I have well over 6,000 lbs in just 3 of the machines in my basement.

Where I was working we made parts for firetrucks.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118615

At least I have a lot to kep me busy and not give my poor little brain to much time to think. cowpuc favorite WWW was invented while I was off work on medical issues and was left alone with my poor little brain idling.

Can you at least keep your mits off that snow machine. I was just starting to get used to the idea of spring and here you go messing with that darn machine again.

BTW sorry about your lay off. I know the feeling sort of. I am not laid off but may as well be since the Dr. ordered me to stay home due to me being at high risk should I catch this covid thing. He claims due to having contracted pneumonia 3 times because of my line of work my lungs may already be compromised not to mention the stent surgery. blood pressure and age. Not sure How the age thing figures into this. :backinmyday: heck I am still a young man......:whistling:

Edited by saddlebum

Thanks Bum

You do know that you are only as old as you feel, So I guess that means I am106 years old. I had never even thought of having my Dr say that I should stay at home. But then I do not think that I am high risk either. I have only been sick twice in my adult life.

At least my employer has made it quite clear that they would really like to have me back once this Covid thing is over if I am still available. That does remove a bit of the stress of being desperate for a new job. But of course i am still out job hunting.

:scared:,,,,,,,,,,, :lightbulb::lightbulb:,,,, OPEN "FLYINFOOL'S JOB SHOP" = PUT THOSE BASEMENT MACHINES TO WORK EARNING $$$'S!!!

Do some gunsmithing!! :thumbsup:

Post it up on here first!! Got a bunch of lop eared shooting varmints that I am a sure would assist in keeping you busy and away from that infernal WWW!!! :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::happy34:

:scared:,,,,,,,,,,, :lightbulb::lightbulb:,,,, OPEN "FLYINFOOL'S JOB SHOP" = PUT THOSE BASEMENT MACHINES TO WORK EARNING $$$'S!!!

Do some gunsmithing!! :thumbsup:

Post it up on here first!! Got a bunch of lop eared shooting varmints that I am a sure would assist in keeping you busy and away from that infernal WWW!!! :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::happy34:

Or some RSV cam tools or steering head wrenches or a new add on farkel we’ve never seen or or or...........

Sorry to hear about the job situation. Since I ride one of those fire trucks y’all are talking about I’m considered either essential or expendable, not sure which. With all this going on we’ve stopped doing medical calls and leaving them to the ambulance service. Our run numbers fell for a while but with so many people home our house fires have dramatically increased. I’m really concerned if this doesn’t end soon we’ll end up with fires from people behind financially.

I do not know if there is a market for more valve tools. I still have a couple left from the last batch I made. They are not cheap to make, it wears out a few Benjamin's worth of cutters.

I have a hard time charging friends for me to play. I would never make money at being a machinist in my basement. Most of my machines are even older than I am.