IGNORED

Totaled My Bike

Rick Haywood

I am blessed that I am here to be able to post this. Had something break on the bike and lock up the back wheel in the rain yesterday. According to the guys I was riding with the bike started fish tailing and I lost control went into the ditch and flipped the bike end over end 2 times and I stayed on the bike until the second flip. At that time the bike came to a sudden stop but I didn't, slammed chest first into what was left of the fairing and dash. Anyway I survived and thank God my wife wasn't on the bike with me. Ended up very very very sore. Feels like I fought a big train and lost. Banged up chest, knee, very sore neck and a broken back. But I am alive.wrecked bike 3.jpg wrecked bike 1.jpg

wrecked bike 3.jpg

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW and OUCHY OUCH OUCH OUCH - indeed Ricks,, YOU are one blessed biker!!! VERY glad your wife was not on with you = brother,,, that looks/sounds HORRIBLE!!

THANK GOD you made it my friend!! Prayers Up for a complete recovery!!

Puc

PS - if you get a chance to take a peek,, it would be EXTREMELY interesting to know what in the world happened to cause such a thing.. Hopefully this isnt another one of those tire delamination deals...

Wow! That was quite an accident! Glad you survived and hopefully will make a full recovery. Yes, we would really like to know the cause if it can be determined. It could save another member from a similar experience.

Holy Crap!!! Glad you survived that. Somebody was looking out for you. Yeah, good thing the Mrs. wasn't on the back when that happened. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Not going to show my wife this post though. She would never get back on the bike or let me ride again.

Dayum!

Glad your alive and in one piece, thats quite a ballup. I too would be interested in knowing why that happened. This seems to have had the potential to be so much worse, glad your still with us and hope you get to feeling better soon enough.

On a brighter note, now you have an open space in the garage for this new tour bike Yamaha will unveil shortly.

Really glad you are still around to tell the story, cause after looking at your bike, it looks like a pretty nasty crash!!! Hopefully you heal up completely and quickly. Would be interested in hearing what locked up on you when you are feeling good enough to find out.

Take care, Craig

Rick you are blessed to be able to make it out of that crash alive. All the best for a speedy recovery and heres hoping you are riding again soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DAMN! Glad you'll be OK. So lucky/fortunate/blessed that you can still write and walk. Had to be a scary experience. Keep in mind, some damage may be slow to show symptoms, (kidney, spleen, etc.) - get to the doc if you start feeling worse, bud.

WOW!!! So very sorry to hear that happened to you, but I'm and very very happy that you were able to tell us about it. Take this time to be thankful and get well my brother.

May God continue to bless you throughout your healing, and I hope you do heal quickly. (He was definitely watching over you during this ride)

Take care brother,

James

From looking at the damage and reading your report, I have to say that you are a lucky man my friend. Your injuries are certainly serious but we are so thankful that you are here to tell us about it. Take care of yourself and take the time to let the body heal.

I want to thank everyone for the prayers and thoughts. I am surely a lucky man when you look at the bike. I willy to find out ewhat happen to cause the wheel to lock up but i n Illinois you cant buy back a totaled vehicle, Just hope the insurance picks up all the accessories. Some of which can not be bought anymore. Maybe I can talk who, ever to let ,e take those of the bike. As for me I will heal but dam I feel like i have run over by 2 trains. Can't move without help but that will heal. now the task of tracking down a new bike

Man I'm having sympathy pains just looking at the pics... OUCH!! From what you described it sounds like a typical high side. The rear brake on these bikes are touchy have had a tendency to lock up, and I'm thinking the brake was dragging and overheated. The end result was the lockup.... My 2¢ Anyway Rick heal quick and glad you're still with us... Prayers up!!