IGNORED

Long overdue explanation

Freebird

Yep,,, kind of had that in my mind as to what was happening, and so you two have been on the prayer list for some time now,,,,, now you get to go to the 'thanks a lot Lord' list.

Often times it's the valleys that make it sooo much nicer on the top of the next rise, and then, when you look back, you can actually see the beauty of the valley. You can also see the road to the top, and then realize that without some 'outside' assistance it would have been a lot harder than what it was,,, fact is the trip actually was beautiful.

Stay rooted you two,,, He has a lot more to show you!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another marriage/family that evil and all his helpers failed to destroy,, GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN US THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD!!!

Congrats to you and your bride on your victory over the biggest plague on our nation - the destruction of the American family.. Cher and I will be uplifting the both of you in our daily prayers as you continue to seek Gods mercy, grace and protection while you two continue in your daily spiritual battle for rekindling your love for each other..

We have been thru almost exactly the same senario as you described Don.. Both became Christians and loved serving the Lord long before we knew each other, met one another in Church - became best friends - fell in love - got married - I got distracted in my relationship with God (life gets VERY complex in a hurry after marriage, not an excuse its the truth) - lost our "IN LOVE" for each other - stayed married for the kids - last one left and out came the Michigan Divorce Manual (my return to drinking after 30 years of sobriety made it HELL on all of us) - went to MANY counselors (both Pastoral and Secular) - was told by most that it was over - quit drinking and we made the decision to seek God and try to restore our marriage - we both prayed a LOT asking God to show us the path to restore the friendship we once had AND our lost "IN LOVE" feelings, God led us to a website called "MarriageBuilders.com" - out of ALL the counseling (friends, pastors, shrinks, family) Dr. Harley with Marriage Builders is the ONLY human we ran into (THANK YOU LORD!!) that REALLY understood the absolute need for the "IN LOVE" part of a marriage relationship (we never lost our "love" for each other, we lost our "IN LOVE" for each other and were begging God for its return) - we started reading Dr. Harley's book called "Fall In Love - Stay In Love" and ended up going thru his AMAZING course for rekindling friendship/love..

Don and Eileen, Marriage Builders is a strongly Christian based organization that has taken on the spiritual battle of fighting the plague.. God put us thru a LOT of research (Cher was studying while I was drinkin) and we found these folks to truly be one of kind.. They deal with ALL scenarios of marriage destruction (from Affairs to Drug Abuse and beyond) all built on the premise that our God can and DOES restore the "IN LOVE"/best friend part of Marriage and that God WANTS us to be "IN LOVE" til death do us part!!

Don,, I am sooooo happy to hear that you two have chosen to go on in your marriage!! God bless you both as you begin another great adventure together with Him!

Prayers Up

Puc

Edited by cowpuc

Like a few others I had my suspicions, hoping all the while that I was wrong. I am extremely happy that the two of you, have decided to continue your life together. My wife and I ,many long years ago also hit a bad rough patch. But with faith caring and a whole lot of give and take we managed to save our marriage. It didn't happen overnight and sometimes the road felt like a long rough ride but we got through it. This year we will be celebrating 37 years of marriage and not once have I regretted putting forth the effort we put in to saving it.

Here is to a happy future together for both of you. And my the Lord bless you both with eternal happiness and strength.

I think most of us not I in the inner circle had the c word on our minds as we put you in our thoughts. The D word is almost as bad. Enjoy the rediscovery of your lives together. Been through it and survived it was a Devine moment for us also even though we are not all that religious something saved us and not totally sure how. Glad it is not health and things worked out.

Great news !

Thanks for opening up with an explanation of a situation that had a lot of us fearing the worst.

It may be kinda counter-intuitive, but if you can work through problems that bring you so near to ending the relationship, then it shows how deep rooted and strong your marriage really is.

I think most of us married folk question why we're married, and sometimes think of, or even threaten the big "D", but to put anger aside, and thoughtfully look at what you have shows a level of maturity and dedication all too rare in todays society.

Personally, I've thought it many times when I was younger, but as I've aged I've come to realize how lucky I am, and how petty I was to be worried about the little things.

Been with the same gal going on 30 years now, only married for the last 13, but at this point I'm pretty sure we'll be together for the duration.......unless she keeps leaving her half full coffee mugs on the coffee table....lol....

I doubt you know me; I've been to 3 of the MDs, but there was always too much going on for me to push my way into getting any face time with you, but was always impressed with the shindig you put together.

Your post brightened my day.

All the best to you and Eileen.:cool10:

It was nice of you to share with the rest of us. All the best to you and Eileen on getting things back on track and able to move forward.

We haven't met but like many others I feel like I have known you for a while just from everything with the site.

Again glad to hear things are getting right for the two of you.

Don, You are THE MAN but don't let it go to your head. It takes a lot to look at yourself

peel back the layers of self and see that alone you are nothing. I have a deepened respect for you and I will keep you and Eileen in my prayers.

Keep The Faith,

Gary

Praize The Lord . May you both work hard at restoring your faith in God and then your love for one another will come much easier.

Thanks for sharing a tender part of your life.

Hugs to you both.

So glad that you guys have found and have renewed your faith in each other and in your god. :) Its a great time to take stock and just remember your relationships' strong points and take the time and effort to work on the rest, however small you think they may be.

Good luck in the future, so glad for the good news.:)

Brian

If you both allow it this will cause your marriage to be stronger than it has ever been. You reached an understanding that too often is missed with couples in peril. Now both of you know how much you mean to each other so take that and allow it to grow. You won the battle that Satan threw at you so don't let him ruin the future with doubts. Now you will never take each other's love and dedication lightly and your love will be on a plateau higher than before. Congratulations to both of you and your airing your trouble took a lot of fortitude and I admire you for that as well as your commitment to your marriage. May God bless you.

Wishing you both the best. I had a suspicion that this may have been the issue, but then I think of when I came down there last year and picked you up for our Bun Burner ride, I saw how much see took care of you and how worried she was about you going. The woman truelly loves you. I saw it. You are both blessed.

Randy Rickard

aka rickardracing

I didnt have a clue, that never crossed my mind, I feared something like sickness too. I know Ive only been there a handfull of times, but feel for you like a brother. And I was worried too, so thank you for sharing and I pray that all will work out. Without God in my life I wouldnt even be here now. He has saved me and my marraige more times then I can count. Now going on 28 years I love that woman more then life itself. And I know I couldnt make it without either of them.

I glad to hear you pick the lord to follow your faith and to continue your journey together down that road, Cause your Harley would surely let you down.:thumbsup2:

Glad to hear things are being worked out. Although I have never met you, I can tell by the love you have for the members and the love they have for you, indicates you and your wife are exceptional people. glad it is working out. :080402gudl_prv:

I agree with Mike, the HD....ugh....where do I begin?? :rotf:

Glad to hear you got your focus in your marriage back where it needed to be. It can be so easy to forget who put you together as one. Sadly, to many learn this to late. Happily you did not. Our prayers and love are with both of you in this time of strengthening of your marriage.

Ride Happy Ride Safe

Sorry to hear you all have to work through some problems, but I see you are depending on the Problem Solver. Keep your faith and trust in Him. We all need to at times to step back and look at our relationship with our spouses and make sure we are growing closer and pray that we will be the person of God that He would have us to be in our marriage. We love you and we are praying for you.

Earl