IGNORED

Where in the 'H' is everybody??

Condor

Lately I've noticed a big drop in the supporting member activity. Both viewing and posting. I just looked at the count and there were only 44 members, and 240-something guests on the counter. Seems to have started about the same time our illustrious leader decided to get warts, and go buy a Harley, and it seems like fewer and fewer folks are participating. That and older members moving on to other makes, and taking more interest in their new 'love'..... Is this a harbinger of the future of VR.org??? Or just a sign of the economic times??? :confused07:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not in here anywhere near as much as I used to be.

There are two reason's for this. One is a bit obvious (no longer a Venture owner). The other is, since returning from Holidays mid-August, I have been so busy here at work I just don't have the time anymore. Once I get home I am so brain-drained of computing, I don't spend much time on the 'puter at home either.

Nice to know you've been missing me tho... :whistling:

I'm in-between putting the tank back on for the weekend (going up to the mid 50's) or leaving it off to finish all the under tank stuff I want to get done and start on the "in the house" projects I have been putting off all summer.

I have also noticed this and I also feel that even when there are folks on here, many may be reading, but not responding. I recently posted a question about a 1st gen/2nd gen shock question and I thought there would be some interest. But, I received 194 views and not one response, not one single response.

I don't know what we need to do, but I applaud you for expressing your concern.

RandyA

Good question? I can only speak for myself, but I would imagine that the draw for this site is mainly because of the good people on the site and brand loyalty. If you take away the brand loyalty part or reason for membership, that has got to knock a big dent in the membership.

I just bought a millenium in the recent past and I don't see me getting another bike anytime soon so Ya'll are probably stuck with me for a while. But, truth be told, if I was to win the lottery and decided to go out and get another bike, I'm sure it would be a Goldwing. In which case I'm sure I would probably be spending more time on the Goldwing forums.

As much as I love all of you.

Not saying just saying.

Condor, I was thinking the same thing, I generally log onto the site 3 times a day, first thing in the AM, noon and after work, not long ago the average number of new posts between my log ins would about 25, sometimes upwards to 35, the past few weeks it is down to about 10 new posts and has been as few as 2 or 3 in an 4 to 6 hour period.

I am hoping it is just a phase, but we are ending the riding season for many.

Welcome aboard Rob....

It could be due to PMS.

Some of the experts have moved on and taken their wisdom with them.

I read most posts but I refrain from smart-ass comments until the issue is solved, If I have no knowledge of the issue I say nothing.

Or just why not just ask WHY?

If I knew anymore than where the gas goes I would post more :confused07:..... Afraid to go to the tech forum as it usually ends up in a new dodad opps ment SAFETY CHROME !!!!:mo money: Hey Condor I can keep ya busy if you want to look at my clutch lol:whistling: AND YAMMER !!! What slows you down is not polishing the high speed friction marks off your 2nd gen :225: and looking for 1st gen parts on the side of the road while riding your 2nd :stickinouttounge:

Lately I've noticed a big drop in the supporting member activity. Both viewing and posting. I just looked at the count and there were only 44 members, and 240-something guests on the counter. Seems to have started about the same time our illustrious leader decided to get warts, and go buy a Harley, and it seems like fewer and fewer folks are participating. That and older members moving on to other makes, and taking more interest in their new 'love'..... Is this a harbinger of the future of VR.org??? Or just a sign of the economic times??? :confused07:

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I have a pretty thick skin.

People are getting more and more intolerant and politically correct. Not just here, but everywhere in general..

We use to have, some rather colorful conversations and it was actually very interesting to see who was stirring the pot everyday and respond. These I really miss.

Keeping the lines of communication "open" is not an option.

If we don't, it's going to get worse... Just like on the hill in DC

I agree and a good rant gets ya in the mood to burn up the streets in a 2nd gen. Haven't seen a good rant :soapbox:about health care, the gov't or darkside tires:255: in awhile.. (good is probably an oxymoron concerning those issues) Could be everyone is at the age of blood pressure medication. Used to be we had a solution on this site for everything!!!

If it helps any, being a newby to the site after getting back into the saddle after a 20 year break from riding a 1st gen scoot, and getting back on in a 2nd gen.....I have found that this site has been the best scource of advice and answers to my multiple questions. Those who took the time to respond have helped me greatly :thumbsup:and that is continuing ..so I would hate to see this go. I have noticed that there is a lot of camaradery and teasing going on between members and I see that as very healthy...and sometimes hilarious :rotf: ...keep that up also. I have seen very few negative comments, but when those come they seem to be very direct.....dont necessarily enjoy those....but sometimes honesty hurts..

Hope this site lives on and that seasoned folks :backinmyday:(Sorry could not resist - I am over 50 BTW and just qualified for the Seniors Discount at Shoppers Drug Mart) do not loose interest and that new blood gets recruited to keep it going.

I just hope that as time goes on I get the chance to actually meet some of the outstanding members of this community.

:322:

I've been here all along.

Ridin' season is over for a lot of us, so not too many bike related issues to discuss, plus we're getting into the busy holiday season.

I've noticed the same thing happening in years past.

I wouldn't be too worried, but I'll try to get a lil' more involved.:cool10: