IGNORED

Where in the 'H' is everybody??

Condor

For me this site is like a morning cup of coffee is to some, dont bother me untill I have had my morning Venture Rider fix and then I am good to go:) I guess I will have to get another 1st gen so I have some questions :whistling:

Orlin

Me too! First thing I do in the morning is check the site. Then I check it again before bed at night!:backinmyday:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to worry and consider this phenomenon some, I have had the same thoughts in the recent past.

This is a rather new site actually. It started somewhere around 2004 so about 10 years old, slowly it grew and as new members came the posts count grew. People were interested to get to know each other, either just on line or in person, either way, that takes communication, so posts were created and BS bloomed. I think we have got quite comfortable with each other and have added more challenges to life, so that will take time from the other things we do with our lives, so VentureRider.org might become a bit more passive rather than active.

Yes I think that keeping things on an even keel may have a little effect on some considering not to post, just in case that they may be stirring the pot in the wrong direction, but I do believe that keeping things civil has a more positive effect and generates a better relationship between us.

And as mentioned, things change, and so does life and the needs it brings with it. So if we need it, we tend to use it, but if the need diminishes then so does our use of whatever we were in need of.

In conclusion, I think that if more folks were to make regular use of SeaFoam, they would find less need for CTs, and that would translate in the need for less oil changes. Now if you don't need to change the oil as often then a person would have time to listen more to the cassette deck. So if you've never used it before, now is the time to consider getting a supply of Fluid Film, before the price goes up again.

THERE, happy now?

Right now is also hunting season in many parts of the country.

I for one will vanish for 2 weeks starting next week while I try to make the roads safer for all bikes buy shooting those pesky deer. Different states have hunting seasons at different times. I know that we have a lot of hunters on this site.

I would expect things to pick up here once the hunting and holiday seasons are over, and PMS is firmly set in for most of us.

You are never getting rid of me because this site has members that simply are beautiful people !!!

What ever happened to Naked Chat ?? Been -:cold:- my a$$ off night after night waiting for it to surface !

Miss you Y*** M***:bighug:

Some of us have been there..........:big-grin-emoticon:

Me too! First thing I do in the morning is check the site. Then I check it again before bed at night!:backinmyday:

same here, twice a day, but last week, I went on a mission., I got up to Weston Georgia, for my annual Pecan Pie run to the Merritt Pecan company, and picked up 20 pies, a few 5 lb bags of raw pecans, 30 nought rolls and a few boxes of honey roasted pecans and Pecan Brittles, three days on the road, and a total of 1366.9 miles:thumbsup2:

same here, twice a day, but last week, I went on a mission., I got up to Weston Georgia, for my annual Pecan Pie run to the Merritt Pecan company, and picked up 20 pies, a few 5 lb bags of raw pecans, 30 nought rolls and a few boxes of honey roasted pecans and Pecan Brittles, three days on the road, and a total of 1366.9 miles:thumbsup2:

Throw one pecan pie, in the mail and send it up me!!!!!:thumbsup:

You must really like pecan pie.

So after all that time on the road did any of that stuff make it home?:think:

(title only for those that had kids that watched those funky shows)

Answer to the original question is probably a big combination.

As for me, Bike is in garage without inspection, son's car that hit bridge is in drivway waiting for the dang insurance company to do it's thing, Softball season is just over and baseball does not start till feb, Fall sports banquet is tonight, tournaments will end in two weeks, Then, I get my break......during break bike will get inspected cleaned and checked over, range time will increase THEN I will start on all the projects that have not been touched since school started....So Says my wife!

Actually it is all because my normal riding buddies have not forced me to go riding!!!:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to

Perhaps that many have commented and many more have read the initial posts or replies, we can swing the pendulum back towards adding more posts. I myself do not get upset for things that are not PC. It adds flair and at times honesty. I enjoy this site, its members both via email, phone and in person. Granted some don't ride ventures, but at the same time id rather deal with a rider who is a decent person, regardless of the bike. In my opinion, this site has the best people. So lets all try to rally around the dip in posts and start talking bout things...

:cool10:

really , how much can you talk about a bike that hasnt changed in 15 years

Very true but the 1st genners are still talking about there 30 yr old bikes. The talking was alot of everything before not just bikes and the Michigan meets were great fun. :cool10:

Brad

Still here, but barely. Instead of life getting easier its turning the other way. My Son is home from 14yrs in the army which keeps me on my toes by doing jobs on the farm that I normally would have put off. Thereby not giving us much free time to ride last year. Only got to ride to a few caves thats all. The bike is ready for anything, anytime so upgrades are all done. It is hard to post anything different when life is like living in a scene from the movie "Groundhogs Day". Can't get off the farm. Seems like our powers that be do nothing but make more problems for all of us in one form or another. This makes for very strained relationships when trying to interact via the web. We all don't want to upset the applecart and be pegged troublemakers. There is no such thing as a time machine but if there was it would be good to go back to the simpler times just for the peace. Fade to black.:whistling::D

I am still here Condor. I still come on and go to the chatroom. Which has been real slow over the last couple of years. However, there are still a few that show up now and then. I will always be a loyal member here. Even if everyone buys a Harley.

Yama Mama:smile5:

Well my 2 cents plus interest!!

This site has been, and always will be, FAMILY!!! There are two parts to the forums, the Technical part, and the social part, i.e. Watering hole, jokes, videos, etc. Actually there is a third part, the Spiritual part as well...

People come and people go, as is life itself, but the spirit of this site shall never change!! Every time one of the "Givers" finally leaves this site, they seem to be replaced by another. The same can be said for people in need. There will always be someone with some kind of need, and someone else to supply that need! I'm not one to believe in magic, but if there is magic, this site has it!!!

As many of you know, I usually have some kind of smart alec remark as I believe in the power of humor as good medicine. This post of mine is dead serious instead! For those that remain, I challenge you, are you part of the problem, or part of the solution?!!?

I for one shall never loose faith in this site and what it can and does do...

I'm still lurking in the shadows at least every other day.... Been doing that since 2005 and will continue. I have never posted much. Only 1367 (now 1368) posts. This is a hobby for most and as with all hobbies there has to be time between commitments.

Locally we have a company, Blue Diamond Almonds, and their slogan is..."A can a day is all we ask". Maybe we should make ours " A post a day that's all we ask".

How long does it take to type something???

So when you organizing a meet and eat. Are you going to let Larry do it again down by his place ??

What ever happended to Joe Mac from Saginaw ?

Brad

:sign yeah that:

We still want to come to West Bloomfield and visit with my sister sometime soon! If you organize something in the area we will come!!!