IGNORED

Helmet Locks

dwatson636

We use ours quite a bit. Ours hang off the back. We will put them in the trunk if possible. I figured if someone wants them bad enough to cut them loose they can have them. Cutting them loose kind of disables anyone from using them safely anymore.:D

Use mine all the time. Had the misfortune to lose one. The one I have left was loose the other day so I caught it before it fell off. Nemo I sent you an email.. :cool10:

When you say lose one, did some one steal it? If so, how did they do it?

I contacted my insurance company and they said a stolen helmet would not be covered on my bike coverage. I would have to claim it on my homeowners/rental insurance.

If the trunk is full and we are going to be away from the bike for a good amount of time we will lock them up. Worst thing I have had happen using the locks is it has rained while the helmet is hanging. Lucky it wasnt a heavy rain just a quick shower, but still we were an hour and half from the house and wearing a damp helmet ick

If the trunk is in use when we are traveling we used to use them, our new helmets do not have D rings so now I keep a good adjustable cable lock with me to put through the face and lock the helmets and/or our jackets to the bike.

As a lock smith put it too me not too long ago.... locks only keep the honest honest. If they are out to steal they will steal. If they cut the strap the helmet will be useless so they are likely doing to be that which was mentioned earlier.

When you say lose one, did some one steal it? If so, how did they do it?

I contacted my insurance company and they said a stolen helmet would not be covered on my bike coverage. I would have to claim it on my homeowners/rental insurance.

No one stole it or the helmet, it vibrated loose. Almost lost the 2nd one as it was loose when I went to use it.