IGNORED

What have I got?

Marcarl

You bought that? Now you've done it? What you have there are pieces of metal left over from building the original fugisit! Which were lost when it was transfered to Canada. Rumor has it that the pieces left over were highly prized for their fugisit proprieties. The last known owner was a guy by the name of Jack. You've heard of him before. Or are you the guy that doesn't know Jack? :rotfl::rotfl: No Idea what you have Carl.:confused24: But couldn't help myself.:whistling::D

I love guessing games like this, especially on a cold snowy night like we are having.. My guess is they are cabinet making tools. The round pieces are for sliding in a slot that is routered into the edge of the mating counter tops and used to hold them in perfect alignment pre formica.. I goes with shim stock of some sort for the flat ones, maybe an alignment tool for the edge molding of formica..

Then again, those round ones might be spanish dabloons from the 15th century worth over 3 million dollars each, gonna invite us all to the party if they are?? :cool10: I HOPE thats the case - I love storys with happy endings :fingers-crossed-emo

They are a bunch of round tuits so you can label your drawers with the rectangular label holders...

When somebody can tell me in all seriousness, then maybe I'll get a round tuit, but until then, I'll stay with miniature I beams and American quarters.

You bought that? Now you've done it? What you have there are pieces of metal left over from building the original fugisit! Which were lost when it was transfered to Canada. Rumor has it that the pieces left over were highly prized for their fugisit proprieties. The last known owner was a guy by the name of Jack. You've heard of him before. Or are you the guy that doesn't know Jack? :rotfl::rotfl: No Idea what you have Carl.:confused24: But couldn't help myself.:whistling::D

It came out of a box with squat written on it,,, maybe you have an idea going.

Doubt it though.

I thought you were Dutch?

:think:

It seems more like you phoned ahead and told them you were coming.

:rotfl:

They got some shiny scrap metal and told you they were rare artifacts.

Gary

Ya I am Dutch, but I also tend to believe the auctioneer,,, well until I got home anyways.

On a serious note... are the rectangular things shims or for splitting wood?

Wood axe handles used to use shims for attaching the blade to the handle. Are they blunt on one end and sharp on the other?

Nope,, the square things are not sharper on the one end than the other, and the same thickness from one end to the other.

I love guessing games like this, especially on a cold snowy night like we are having.. My guess is they are cabinet making tools. The round pieces are for sliding in a slot that is routered into the edge of the mating counter tops and used to hold them in perfect alignment pre formica.. I goes with shim stock of some sort for the flat ones, maybe an alignment tool for the edge molding of formica..

Then again, those round ones might be spanish dabloons from the 15th century worth over 3 million dollars each, gonna invite us all to the party if they are?? :cool10: I HOPE thats the case - I love storys with happy endings :fingers-crossed-emo

I'm thinking you maybe close on the discs,,,,

Basically I'm looking for a good answer so that I can post it on ebay and some sucker may want it for their collection,,, or start a new type of collection.

The rectangular pieces are spline for joining mitre joints. They're inserted into a narrow kerf cut into the ends of mitered door casings. These splines then hold the mitered casings together to form what we call "U"s of pre-assembled door casing.

The discs, if they are of thin sheet metal, may be used in the old days as button nails are used today. One would nail or staple through the disc with a hammer tacker while applying tar paper to a roof. The discs increased the holding power of the fastener to prevent wind from blowing off the felt.

Edited by Prairiehammer

The rectangular pieces are spline for joining mitre joints. They're inserted into a narrow kerf cut into the ends of mitered door casings. These splines then hold the mitered casings together to form what we call "U"s of pre-assembled door casing.

The discs, if they are of thin sheet metal, may be used in the old days as button nails are used today. One would nail or staple through the disc with a hammer tacker while applying tar paper to a roof. The discs increased the holding power of the fastener to prevent wind from blowing off the felt.

Thanks,:happy65: I knew somebody here would be old enough to come up with a makes sense answer,,, I'm surprised Bongobony didn't come up with it though,,, seeing as he IS retired.

Heres an answer that makes sense for your Carl. You bought a couple boxes of junk to make something and now can't remember what it was. Ah post it up maybe someone will remind you what you wanted to do with it.

Brad

You might have been right on in this case, but you didn't help me out at all,,, thanks for trying though, I'll be your friend too!:whistling:

When I first looked at the pics my mind was leaning towards the thoughts that the straight pieces are the "coin channels" out of either a cold drink machine or a candy / ciggarette machine, and the round pieces are either fake coins that one collected over the years, or they were the "testing" pieces to ensure the channels are in proper alignment.