IGNORED

Wrecked my 83 venture

I wreck my 83. I will be down for about a year. Got to have rods and screws put in my right leg. Got stiches in my chest and upper arm. My face looks like Mike Tyson hit me a few times. Road rash every where. I have not look at the bike yet but was told its banged up good. I wanting to know if anyone here has ever seen are made a bobber out of a venture bike?

We are very thankful your still around to tell us about it, Thank God. Glad your still talking about riding.......and yes the bobber thing has been done, and they still make a trike kit for them too, Tri Wing, and its a pretty nice kit too. Take care and heal fast, and dont be like Yammer Dan, listen to the docs and heal fast. Your in our prayers.

I wreck my 83. I will be down for about a year. Got to have rods and screws put in my right leg. Got stiches in my chest and upper arm. My face looks like Mike Tyson hit me a few times. Road rash every where. I have not look at the bike yet but was told its banged up good. I wanting to know if anyone here has ever seen are made a bobber out of a venture bike?

Brant,

Your the one telling the story, so this is a good thing. Take your time and heal up as well as you can. The bobber has been done, Zagger (a member here) is the 1st one that comes to mind when I think of a 1st gen thats been customized. Take care of yourself and let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out.

Wow!! Sorry to hear of your mishap! As was mentioned we are glad you are the one telling us about it which means you will be all right, just take your time and heal well. Yup, the first time you see a naked 1st gen it immediately suggests "Chopper" the way it looks. Hope there's enough left of yours to work with...

So sorry to hear about the accident . the fact that so many of us are getting older only means it takes longer to heal. the bobber has been done several times and i'm sure you"ll see pictures here somewhere. Good luck. and don't worry when you need the help we'll all be here waiting.

Thanks all my bro and sis!!!!! I don't remember what happened! But my buddy that was riding with me said someone turned in front of me. I still want to ride and always will want to ride but this is my 3rd wreak so I wondering if the big man up stairs is wanting me to stop? Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

Definitely follow the healing and therapy instructions. Don't try to push things too fast. I am partially titanium. You will have fun with the TSA at airports. :cool10:

I think I am engage to like 4 TSA friskers at different airports... :shock3:

Glad you`r Ok

Ading a few accident myself; i always feel bad when i heard about it

Take time to recover

Now; for your project, i`m goi`n on a naked Venture project with my 1986 Venture, as i brought it to do so

Brant, I am glad you are with us to tell the story. Bikes even our Ventures can be replaced. You cannot be!

I sold my Suzuki gs 500 to my brother a few months back so I could buy a V-Strom. He took it out one sunny afternoon and put it down. He has a couple minor breaks and a lot of road rash as well as lack of flesh on knees and elbows..... It makes me cringe every time I see him, still in shorts and Tee due to the swelling and bandages. He is now about a month post crash and he says the RR is starting to stop itching and making it easier to sleep.

We will be here with you as you recover.

Kevin

Glad you`r Ok

Ading a few accident myself; i always feel bad when i heard about it

Take time to recover

Now; for your project, i`m goi`n on a naked Venture project with my 1986 Venture, as i brought it to do so,

We can share solution to problems

Take care

Glad your able to tell us about your mishap. Hope youheal quickly and have a complete recovery.

I would let the bike sit for now and get well first.. The bike can always be fixed or made into the bobber you are speaking of later...

Good luck!!

• 7 months later...
Glad your alive.... Sounds like you had a big one. Take it easy and heal up. Here's the pic of a possibility if there's enough left of the bike.....

http://www.cast-aways.com/images/chopper%20(Small).jpg

Any more info on this build?