IGNORED

Hit a turkey this morning.

dingy

Came around a curve on the way to work this morning, doing about 45, and saw some turkeys right on edge of road just ahead. A hen flew up and took a low trajectory right across in front of me, there was zero chance of missing it. Caught me right on the throttle side hand grip. Jerked the bar back hard & bike went into a tank slapper for about 10 occilations. Got it to settle down and kept bike upright. Bird did not survive, fingers are a little sore. I have turkey crap across the black tank cover, but no damage I could see to bike.

Tweety 1, Turkey 0, we advance to the medal round...

Gary

Edited by dingy
Added deceased's picture from this evenings ride home

Glad you are OK, had nearly the same happen to me with a Turkey Buzzard a few months back, bird flew up from right side shoulder and passed between me and the windshield, had to duck to miss him. If Marilyn had been on the back it would haven taken her out for sure.

I would like to say the first thing that came to mind was that you're ok, but it wasn't...sorry... The first thing that came to my twisted mind was Tweety drinking the potion that made him ten feet tall and kicking the crap out of Sylvester. I suppose if there's a potion for Ventures it's probably seafoam. Glad to hear you came out of it ok. Ray

Ouch, that is one big bird for a hard hand slap. I have hunted them and witnessed how they have not one bit of grace when deer hunting. Flying through a tree they make tons of noise and you would swear hit every branch, they are a very tough bird. I hit a pheasant once and thought that was bad but no where near turkey sized.

You faired a lot better than a friend of mine did hitting a turkey. He hit a full grown big one and ended up going down on his Suzuki. He had all his gear on so other than a few bruises he was OK . Bike was another story but was repairable so the end result was ok.

Larry

Glad you are OK and you got your Thanksgiving taken care of all at the same time...

Your bike's in the garage thinking...:

I tought I taw a turkeybird..... I did..I did... and I kicked ta crap out of him....

Came around a curve on the way to work this morning, doing about 45, and saw some turkeys right on edge of road just ahead. A hen flew up and took a low trajectory right across in front of me, there was zero chance of missing it. Caught me right on the throttle side hand grip. Jerked the bar back hard & bike went into a tank slapper for about 10 occilations. Got it to settle down and kept bike upright. Bird did not survive, fingers are a little sore. I have turkey crap across the black tank cover, but no damage I could see to bike.

Tweety 1, Turkey 0, we advance to the medal round...

Gary

Battle of the Birds :thumbsup2: All the best in the next round :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I have turkey crap across the black tank cover, but no damage I could see to bike.

How about the drivers seat ? There has got to be some crap there too:rotfl::rotfl:

Glad your ok Dingy ....now go wash those shorts out before people can smell you coming :thumbsup2: