Folks, I hate having to post this type of information but I just received an email from Rosemary Obert that Dan Obert (Dano) was involved in a motorcycle accident this morning. I know very little at this time. The following is the email that I received. Please keep our friend Dano in your thoughts and prayers.

Rosemary wrote:

Dan has been in a motorcycle accident this morning on his way to work. Eight point buck and motorcycle don't mix. He is at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis in neuro critical care unit. All we want is prayers please.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of an update. I just got off the telephone with Rose and have a bit more information now. I thought that it happened this morning but it was actually yesterday morning. Apparently he was on his way to work when he hit the 8 point buck. Not sure how long before he was found. Rose said that a lady found him and that he was not breathing and had no pulse. Luckily she knew CPR and administered it on the spot and got him back.

Rose said that Dano had a pretty decent night last night but they have him heavily sedated and she has therefore not been able to talk to him.

For those who are new around here. Dano and Rose have been a part of our club for many years and have been very active not only here on the forum but at our rallies and meets. Dan is always there to lend a hand when anybody needs one and is a very good friend to all who have the privilege of knowing him.

From the Indianapolis Star newspaper:

Greenfield -- A 54-year-old motorcyclist was seriously injured Tuesday morning when his vehicle struck a deer, the Hancock County Sheriff's Department said.

Daniel C. Obert, Indianapolis, was driving a 2008 Yamaha Venture east on County Road 300 South, just west of County Road 200 West in Greenfield, about 7:25 a.m. when a deer ran out of a cornfield in front of his motorcycle, causing it to run off the road and into a field, according to a news release from the Sheriff's Department.

Obert, who police said was not wearing a helmet, was flown to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis.

The crash, which closed the roadway for about two hours, is still under investigation.

The deer was killed in the accident.

Star and news service reports

I've never met him, hope his recovery is successful and complete.