IGNORED

Contest Starts NOW!

Freebird

The only interest I hold dear to my heart, Is visiting the Shriner's hospitals.

Bring Christmas toys, to all the little people, Get well cards, and place two dollar bills in the cards, Most kids have never seen one. (I love to see the smiles on their little faces)

I enjoy, doing motorcycle events, for kids, and make contributions, to the so many causes.

In my heart and before God, Its about the little people:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::cool10:

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wood working.

Everything from general carpentry to turning wine stoppers. I've built bedroom suits, cabinets, shelving, end tables. coffee tables, file cabinets, armiours, jewlery trees, serving trays, turned bowls, additions on the house along with decks, etc.

Used to play golf, but if it's nice enough to play golf, I'd rather ride.

Used to play in a band but that took too much time from the family.

Used to dabble in photography but found the cost prohibitive. Got a new digital SLR for Christmas so trying to find my skills again.

Travel. But we do most of that on the bike so we're right back to my main (besides Shirley) passion.

Shooting

Camping

Fishing

Drinking beer & BS'ing with friends

WWII Flight simulators

Playing Call of Duty: Black Ops on the Playstation 3 with my boys

I spend alot of time fixing various things for other people, as I seem to have a knack for fixing things, and a wide array of experience in various service and repair fields. It feels good to help someone out, and save them from spending lots of money, just because they didn't know how to do it themselves.

Used to be a Volunteeer Firefighter and EMS First Responder, but after 11 years, my body told me it was time to give it up.

If it weren't for the coming of the Christ, I would have no life at all, so my first hobby is to spend time with Him,,,,,

Then I spend time on my MC, either improving it or riding it, or talking about it, or showing it off, or riding it, or buying tools to make things better and easier to fix other MCs.

When all that is done I love too nap,,,,,,, ya I know, what a waste of time,,,, but then I figure, so is golf, and watching sports, and chasing the unhappy good looking ones.

I like to be productive in all that I do, but that's not a priority, so I tend to forget about that sometimes,,,,,sometimes those times are getting longer as time goes on.

I tend to my wife and kids and 15 grand-kids as a main priority, but that doesn't always work either.

Our life here is good,,, really good, the more I look around the more I appreciate the life I have been given to live. We have trials and some tribulations, but nothing like some other places on this earth.

VentureRider.org is a place I visit many times in one day,,, it's got to be a real blessing for it's members.

And just to make sure everybody is satisfied, I can get PI**ED off at some government employees who think they know everything and can take 8 weeks vacation every year.

Unfortunately I dont have the time now or the money to do what I like besides the bikes. In a past life not too long ago I used to Hunt, Fish, and a lot of Archery. I do still tinker with metal fabrication and I love to automotive painting. Now if I could just win that damn lottery and be able to do all of it again!

:soapbox:

Gunk....I like you thinking bro :thumbsup2:

I build one or two custom Muzzleloading rifles or fowlers every year, and hunt with them every chance I get. Spend plenty of time dreaming about hunting with them, and researching where I'd go, what I'd hunt, etc, if only work quit getting in the way. I also do some cabinet and furniture making when somebody gets an idea for a project. A newer hobby that we have gotten involved with is geocaching, which is a great fit for motorcycling. Gives us a destination and excuse to go for a ride, as if we really needed that.

Well apart from riding the bike as soon as the snow is gone, I'm still....after 27yrs.... coaching minor hockey, I get satisfaction from seeing some of the kids that I coached move on to the higher levels or hearing that they got scholarships to various colleges and Universities. Then years later bump into them and they say "Hi coach" and I think, who the hell are you! When it dawns on me they were any where from 12 to 17 the last time I saw them, it gives me a good feeling when they say how much fun they had during those minor days and that some of them have started coaching hockey themselves.

Ian

ps (Randy) Gunk, you can come over and shovel my driveway any time buddy.:whistling: