IGNORED

A Last Prayer For My Father

saddlebum

As you all know my father has been in the hospital for just over three months. Today at 2:30 pm my father quietly passed away. His body just seemed to decide it had enough and shut down. I never thought I would suddenly feel such a huge emptyness as I did when he slipped away. My Father has been a big part of my life and I know everytime I swing a carpenters hammer to drive a nail or saw a piece of wood I am going to feel his absence, because everything I learned about building houses I learned from him. His favourite phrases were always 1- a job worth doing is worth doing right. and 2-never trust another mans tape measure.

Sorry to hear this Ben,

I understand your pain as I feel the same way everyday. I miss my dad too. But enough about me as Im nit the important one now. You and your family are. At least he passed easily . Its not much of a statement I know but the pain is gone and your dad is in a better place and now he gets to work with the carpenter i heaven(jesus).

PEace be with you and all your family.

We are here if you need us.

Prayesrs sent once again.

David

I'm sorry for your loss. I can empathize with you, I lost my Mom and my sister within a year. They have been gone since '07 and '08 and I still miss them. You'll always remember your Dad and the memories will get sweeter as time passes.

Ben,

Words always seem inadequate at times like these, we have all lost loved ones, but it's never easy to let them go. Your Father fought a heroic battle, which unfortunately did not turn out like your family wanted it to. I think the one thing I would say is to take the time you had with him in the end and cherish that. I'm sure there were conversations that helped to complete the time you and he had left.

As always, you and your family are in our thoughts my friend, lean on us should you need to, knowing that we are here for whatever you need....all the best.

Edited by Squidley

Ben prayers sent to you and yours. Lost my father 8 years ago.

It does leave a hole, but that's a good thing as you and others will always lovingly remember him.

Sounds like you're already quoting him.

My dads favorite was "Do it right the first time or do it over!"

So sorry to hear about your dads passing. Yes it can be a terrible loss. I lost my father 24 years ago. But he wasn't into carpentry, or baseball or sports in general. he had been a single child with no brothers or sisters.

And so he wasn't demonstrative in Love as he might have been. He worked hard and was there when we needed him. After he developed cancer and the doctors did their work there was nothing left to do. I decided to make sure he always knew he was Loved. With a big hug I'd say good by whenever he visited. I never knew if I'd see him again each time we separated.

It made the final good bye much easier. I hop your final good bye was an easy one.

Thanks for posting this Ben, it's been tough on you and your family, but it's also great to note that you are all one together. Spend a bit of time with your Creator at a time like this, I think you'll find Him to be a peace that passes all understanding.

Ben, you know that your family here has been with you in thoughts and prayers. Many of us have also lost one or both of our parents and know how difficult it is for you.

Your comment about the hammer brought back memories of my dad. After his passing 10 years ago, I bought the house from the estate and even now, there are many memories that come back to me, especially when out in the garage. I just know I feel very fortunate that we had the relationship we did and you will cherish that also.

RandyA