IGNORED

Prayers needed for my Father

saddlebum

My Father, who is 86 years old, had surgery this past Monday to repair an Abdominal aortic aneurysm, 6.6 cm in dia... While they were in repairing the aneurysm, they found He also had a twisted bowel which they corrected as well.

The first three days after surgery he seemed to be recovering very well. But by the forth day he started halucinating and is now totally delerious. As well his abdomin is starting to look very bloted and the nurses are hinting at the possibility of a post surgery infection.

He is not sleeping, and and is having constant conversations with people from his past who are no longer with us. My father went through two wars.one being WWII were as a youth he was in and out of prison camps having escaped twice and later helped with the dutch underground and red cross units. After that he joined the dutch Marines and spent two years in jungle warefare in Indonesia, were he led a small demolition and tactical assault team. The events of those years is were he seems to revert to the most were he dwells on lost friends and team members. Or relives the horrors he has Gone through or witnessed.

Needless to say we are very worried and hope He pulls out of this well and healthy, and I am asking for prayers on his behalf.

Edited by saddlebum

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Praying for peace and healing for your Father.

Matthew 7:

Ask, Seek, Knock

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Having had experience with the drugs they give you while in the hospital, I know all about the hallucinations. Also my dad fell and broke his hip a month after his 91st birthday. He had to have a partial hip replacement and is now in a wheel chair and probably will never walk again. He too went through the hallucinations and due to his advanced age he has hard time determining what's a dream and what's reality. But, he's alive and pretty happy and I'm happy that he's still here. It's so hard to watch all this take place with our parents.