IGNORED

Prayers needed for my Father

saddlebum

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to be kind of tough on you and your mother as well. We've been asking for support for you, and healing for your father. It's now all in His hands, so we need to let it rest there.

We'll ask that you heal up real soon, so that you can go to see him and be a support for him through these trying times as well as for your mother.

Sometimes we ask for things standing straight up, and that's ok, we can ask for anything at anytime, but sometimes it's good to make the effort to bend the knee, and spend some time just being quiet and listen to His voice. That might take a while, so be alone and have a coffee handy.

I wish there were words to help Ben, but there aren't any that haven't already been said. I wish all your family the best, my Dad had Pneumonia about 2 years ago. I can't even imagine having it as my Dad is one of the toughest guys I know and it wiped him out, that was tough for me to see him like that.

I hope the situation on both your and his conditions get better, all the best my friend.

Well Yesterday I called the ICU were my Dad is and asked the nurse that since my cough has diminished to just the occoasinal one evry cou[ple hours wether or not I would be able to see my Dad provided I wore a mask. The reply was that it would be ok. So today I pick up my Mom and go, put my mask on, and in to visit my Dad. Well, I was only there 20 min when the nurse looking after my Dad asks why I am wearing a mask. So I explained it all to her and got kicked out. She was very nice about it and explained the masks are not effective enough and considering what he has been through does not want me near him. I was not offended and told her I appriciated her frankness and promptly left.

On the other Hand it was really great to see him and he actually looked not to bad. Mom say's that yesterday and today he has actually taken a couple of steps forward, and this morning actually was able to breath by himself for about three hours before the had to hook him up again. He wanted so bad to tell me something and ask questions but he could only mouth the words and my lip reading is not all that great.However the look in his eyes was fairly bright which leaves me to believe he may just beat this yet, although it will still be a very long road for him.

:fingers-crossed-emo

He wanted so bad to tell me something and ask questions but he could only mouth the words and my lip reading is not all that great.However the look in his eyes was fairly bright which leaves me to believe he may just beat this yet, although it will still be a very long road for him.

:fingers-crossed-emo

i think he wanted to say..." WHAT THE %#*@ you wearing that mask for, Son! Halloween was a month ago!!"

When the hospital said was okay to wear mask...they didn't mean this one, BEN!

Kidding aside....hope the old man gets better soon....we dont think we can handle the responsiblity of taking care of you.:bang head:

i think he wanted to say..." WHAT THE %#*@ you wearing that mask for, Son! Halloween was a month ago!!"

When the hospital said was okay to wear mask...they didn't mean this one, BEN!

Kidding aside....hope the old man gets better soon....we dont think we can handle the responsiblity of taking care of you.:bang head:

I have to admit I was afraid that with the mask I might have scared him into thinking (NOT ANOTHER OPERATION) BUt after feeling I have been in the dark so long it was good to see him even if it was short.

Well they have been letting Dad breathe more on his own again, at first just during the day and now almost all the time. His breathing is still through the trachea tube, they just don’t hook it up to the ventilator unless they need too. Tuesday they used a winch to lift him out of bed and put him in a chair, from what I was told went not too badly, but Wed. he did not want them to do it. The one incision is still oozing a lot and the doctors are now saying that they do not know why. They are also still suctioning fluid from his lungs.

. Mom said that he is so weak that he can barely lift his arm or even hold a pencil. Some times he looks so sad and even lets the odd tear out that Mom is afraid that he wants to give up.

He keeps asking for me but this stupid cold I have just will not go away. Its not so bad now, I only cough occasionally but they still will not let me in, which is understandable given his condition

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly My father is still in very bad shape and will be spending Christmas in the Hospital although in his present condition he has no idea were he is, I guess in one way it is blessing since he is unaware of what he is missing. I went into see him today, the 1st time since they threw me out. It was good to see him even if he only recognised me long enough to say Hi Ben and then drift off to where ever it is he goes. The only way to deal with his absence is to remember all the good Christmas's we have enjoyed together over the years and hopefully he will be with us next Christmas.

Having said all that I wish a Very Merry Christmas to all my Venture friends and thier loved ones and Hope Santa is good to all of you. P/S any extra chrome received as gifts can be regifted my way, and I promise not to complain about being regifted too.

Ben

Sadly My father is still in very bad shape and will be spending Christmas in the Hospital although in his present condition he has no idea were he is, I guess in one way it is blessing since he is unaware of what he is missing. I went into see him today, the 1st time since they threw me out. It was good to see him even if he only recognised me long enough to say Hi Ben and then drift off to where ever it is he goes. The only way to deal with his absence is to remember all the good Christmas's we have enjoyed together over the years and hopefully he will be with us next Christmas.

Having said all that I wish a Very Merry Christmas to all my Venture friends and thier loved ones and Hope Santa is good to all of you. P/S any extra chrome received as gifts can be regifted my way, and I promise not to complain about being regifted too.

Ben

Good to read your post, Ben. Will continue to ask for Divine intervention. God Loves you.

Carl

Ben,spend all the time you can with him and tell him you love him! I lost my father in April of this year and with that I lost one of my best friends. I put off calling him in the morning one day, called in the afternoon and he was in the hospital in intensive care He died that night and never made it home. You will all be in my prayers!

Ben,spend all the time you can with him and tell him you love him! I lost my father in April of this year and with that I lost one of my best friends. I put off calling him in the morning one day, called in the afternoon and he was in the hospital in intensive care He died that night and never made it home. You will all be in my prayers!
I am very sorry to hear that. Hope he found Himself a good spot to watch you and was able to be in your hearts for Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

My father continues to hang on the edge. At this point he has been returned to ICU for the third time. He is back on the breathing machine which is connected directly to the trachea tube, and they continue to remove copious amounts of fluid from his lungs. His blood pressure and heart rate are all over the chart changing from one minute to the next. Mentally he has almost totally lost touch, not aware of where he is or who we are with the exception of Mom. Some days we have hope and other days we wonder if he will be with us tomorrow. Tues they were supposed to put a feeding tube directly into his stomach inserting it through his side just below the rib, because he keeps pulling the one which enters through his nose out. It was delayed because whatever nurse last installed his catheter, put it in wrong and he became backed up to the point were he was very bloated. It seems every time he is moved from the ICU to the ward he takes a turn for the worse. The strain although it is affecting all of us is really starting to show on my Mom.

Prayers from us too. For sure spend every minute with him and if it is his time be there for him. I lost my father 2 years ago and I know what you are going through, he was my best friend and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. I was there until his last breath and will never regret that for sure. I hope he will pull through and you will have many more years with him, good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I know I have not written for a while with regards to my Father but nothing has really improved. I just came from the Hospital Today. I have been able to finally go again this week to see Dad, and when I first walked in on Tuesday, the shock of seeing how much worse he was from when I last saw him was terrible. I just came back from seeing Dad today again and the news I have is not good. Dad has been on 100% oxygen for the last two days because his lungs are not working and when they suck the fluid out of his lungs it now contains a lot of blood. It is almost for certain that Dad will not be coming home again. His heart still beats strong but every day just seems to bring more bad news. At some point I am afraid we are going to have to face the reality of how much more do we prolong what appears to be inevitable

I would like to pass on thanks from my mother and myself for all the prayers and well wishes sent.