IGNORED

What is your 16 song?

Venturous

OK. What one song more than any other song takes you back to that magical time when you just turned 16 and finally got your drivers license?

For me, it is this song released in 1976, the year before I got my license. If I close my eyes I am cruising the streets with friends in my '67 T-Bird and hanging out at the Green Arrow Restaurant. Hard to believe 38 years separates me from those days. It seems like yesterday sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSR6ZzjDZ94

Edited by Venturous

You expect a guy to remember what song he liked best 52 years ago?? Heck, I can't remember what song I like best now! :Laugh:

Dang... there were so many from 1963...

Sukiyaki

Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash

In Dreams - Roy Orbison

If I had a Hammer - Trini Lopez

Wipe Out - The Surfaris

(to name a few)

Thats a tough one Gary,, to choose one,, just one... Those were unforgettable days, tumultuous to say the least but also extremely exciting.. I guess that's why Don McKlean's hit was it for me and a lot of my friends back than...

That was so long ago I do not remember if I was ever 16.

The only "music" I remember from back then is the scream of a nitro fueled 2 stroke at full throttle with no muffler.

I never had the time or the technology to listen to any other kind of music.

1996 - got a "little old lady drove it to dialysis on Tuesdays" Ford Granada, radio shack tape deck head unit and a single working speaker in the dashboard. I had already been playing guitar for a few years and was big into Alternative & Grunge Rock...

Stone Temple Pilots - Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart, Big Bang Baby

Gin Blossoms - anything from New Miserable Experiance

But the one song that always rocked was from a somewhat local group out of University of Illinois. Cadillac used the song for a comercial about 5 years back and I nearly broke my ankle running into the living room when it came on the TV.

Edited by BratmanXj
link

Bruce Springsteen Live: 75 to 85 was the album for me.

Thunder Road was the song when I hit 16 in '85 and my first car was a very impressive Dodge Aries K 2 door.

That car had a stick shift and nothing else. Manual steering, manual brakes, manual door locks, manual windows, NO A/C, and surprisingly since it was a stick, no tach.

It even went faster than others due to the TURBO stickers I bought and stuck on the side.

Believe it or not, I beat an automatic Mustang 5.0 through 3 gears in it once. Silly 'Stang just spun the tires.

Thunder Road all the way

The only version of this song I will listen to is this one.

Bob

Edited by Stealthblade
Forgot to add my song.

I have a favorite that stuck with me for quite a few years. Nothing to do with speed or riding. Have no reason for liking it so well but Ricky Nelson's "Patches" and several yrs later "Garden Party" was a good one but nothing matched "Patches"

When I was 18 and just graduated high school, I spent some time that summer at my friends home located close to a drive-in restaurant with delivery to your car door. The juke box had outside speakers and I could hear them play the Ray Charles song, "I can't stop loving you". Somebody kept feeding the juke box and played it over and over again. Stuck with me more than any other song.

Just about everything they did takes me back to those days. Also Hendrix, the temptations and Ten Years After. Can't believe I actually lived through those days! :rasberry:Deep Purple - New York 1973 (Full Concert) - YouTube

Then there was The Fugs,,, pretty much the first punk band. They played some raw, controversial and at times xrated stuff. I won't link it here but there is plenty examples on utube. A few years before I could drive legally.

Edited by ragtop69gs

Ricky Nelson's "Patches" and several yrs later "Garden Party" was a good one but nothing matched "Patches"

I know the Clarence Carter version of Patches recorded in muscle shoals Alabama. Never heard ricky nelsons. Will look that up.

Joy to the world (Jeremiah was a bullfrog) 3 dog night

Just about everything they did takes me back to those days. Also Hendrix, the temptations and Ten Years After. Can't believe I actually lived through those days! :rasberry:Deep Purple - New York 1973 (Full Concert) - YouTube

Then there was The Fugs,,, pretty much the first punk band. They played some raw, controversial and at times xrated stuff. I won't link it here but there is plenty examples on utube. A few years before I could drive legally.

Jay, we were lucky to grow up with the best music rock and roll had to offer. There is so much great music fro 1955-1980. I work part time security at a college campus and I was surprised how many young people listen to that era of music. I guess being force feed it growing up from your parents may have helped. I know our 22 year old daughter loves it is listens o it an a regular basis.

Jay, we were lucky to grow up with the best music rock and roll had to offer. There is so much great music fro 1955-1980. I work part time security at a college campus and I was surprised how many young people listen to that era of music. I guess being force feed it growing up from your parents may have helped. I know our 22 year old daughter loves it is listens o it an a regular basis.