IGNORED

Thanks for coming to Maintenance Day

Freebird

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don, as the others said, thanks for opening your home to all of us. It was great seeing you and Eileen and a lot of others that we usually only see at MD. Did miss Sqid and the others that didn't make it. Looking forward to next year.

Wow, it was good to be present again this year. Thanks to the two of you for taking the time out to welcome us all to your place, and also for spending an enormous amount of time and energy keeping this site going.

I can understand your desire to meet the folks that make this site as awesome as it is,, yes, Don, you sort of lead us,, but hey, we follow,,,, and you can't do a very good job of leading if we don't want to follow. So it's a together thing, it's a family, and a family needs to get together at times,,, just so we can get a better handle on who's who.

It was a good time to see some older who's, some newer what's their names, and then some that I had seen before but they seemed to have changed their names. There were bigger ones and then some that weren't so big, but the smallest ones seemed to come up missing this year. There were those who knew a lot, seemed to know a lot and then some that had no clue what there was to know, but what I did see, is that the smarts were shared, free of charge and free of any put down. If you needed help, it was there and if you just needed that was helped as well.

Looking forward to next year already,,, just checked the tire pressure and got my horn working,, so I'm ready!!!!!

Wow, it was good to be present again this year. Thanks to the two of you for taking the time out to welcome us all to your place, and also for spending an enormous amount of time and energy keeping this site going.

I can understand your desire to meet the folks that make this site as awesome as it is,, yes, Don, you sort of lead us,, but hey, we follow,,,, and you can't do a very good job of leading if we don't want to follow. So it's a together thing, it's a family, and a family needs to get together at times,,, just so we can get a better handle on who's who.

It was a good time to see some older who's, some newer what's their names, and then some that I had seen before but they seemed to have changed their names. There were bigger ones and then some that weren't so big, but the smallest ones seemed to come up missing this year. There were those who knew a lot, seemed to know a lot and then some that had no clue what there was to know, but what I did see, is that the smarts were shared, free of charge and free of any put down. If you needed help, it was there and if you just needed that was helped as well.

Looking forward to next year already,,, just checked the tire pressure and got my horn working,, so I'm ready!!!!!

I saw you in the pics Marcarl, I liked the Moderator shirt. That is what the MD was to me last year, a nice bunch of guys and gals helping one another. I like to have one of those Stebel air horns and the wiring and mount from Carbon One.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2: :usa:

Don my old, old, old friend, I too would like to thank you and the boss lady for your hospitality...Again as always I had a GREAT time. I shared many a laugh and tear while attending this years MD..It was good to re-meet some lost friends and great to meet some new...You really have no idea what this so called MD means to so many of us...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU....:fatsmiley:ps see ya in NEW YORK !!!! :dancefool: :dancefool: :fnd_(16):

I would like to take the time to thank those that trusted me enough to let me get my hands dirty on their Scoots. It has been a while since I've been physicaly able to do this. and you don't know what you were doing for me. I thank Yammer is finally almost back. Its taken a while. THANKS

I hate I had to miss it, but I really do appricate that you hosted it. If it does not conflict with my daughters graduation next year I will be there and I finally thought of what mantinance work I can do for folks. I plan on brining up my meters and tools to work on CB's and antennas.

I was so happy to have gone through some hard rain and crazy situations to be there. Don I came not even knowing your position in this group and you proved to be a most humble but full of fire man. Thank-you to your wife and home and to all that made my first time a time that will continue as long as we are able to ride.

Angel

"Brown Angel":322:o

I was so happy to have gone through some hard rain and crazy situations to be there. Don I came not even knowing your position in this group and you proved to be a most humble but full of fire man. Thank-you to your wife and home and to all that made my first time a time that will continue as long as we are able to ride.

Angel

"Brown Angel":322:o

My "Position" shortly after everybody left was LATERAL. :) It is always worth it though and we look forward to many more years of doing it.

just want to echo the thoughts of all the others who were at MD.....the both of you kindly open your home to friends and strangers alike and the kindness you give will surely return tenfold....it was great to see old friends and make new ones and look forward to the next meeting...spankym (craig)

:bighug:

:bighug:Dear Don and Eileen. I think the feelings are mutual for all of us concerning maintenance day. And don't worry, I will be there next year. I will just leave the whole month of June "open". Dan and I just posted some photos of the day on the site. I got some good ones! We truly enjoyed the wknd and met some new people. I hope I didn't scare them away for next year. You and Eileen's hospitality, and generosity, is the best I've ever experienced. You are wonderful people that I am glad we met. Have a great vacation. Be safe. Deb

Don,

I truly appreciate all that you do to bring all of us together in the forum and all the work it takes to pull off the annual maintenance day event so flawlessly, including manipulating the weather. I also appreciate the courage and faith Eileen must possess to allow a traveling herd of Venturous nomadic wanderers invade your lovely domicile and property, year after year. The two of you are truly the most gracious and generous host.

I feel fortunate to have been invited, able to attend and welcomed to this wonderful event and grateful at your warm and apparently heartfelt invite for future gatherings. The experience and memories will stay fondly in my mind, heart and soul for the balance of my life. The pictures of which will help keeping them fresh in my mind. I learned and laughed alot and will know better next time what not to do. Like walking near Big Tom with an unopened DQ Butterfinger Blizard.

No one knows which way the worm will turn in any of our lives, but, as much as possible I will be planning to be present at future MD events.

Thanks my friend for all that you do.

Atlanta Dragonslayer Bob

Bob,

I will just say this. It was a pleasure seeing you again and being able to spend some time with you. I appreciated your eloquent post and hope to see you at many MDs in the future.

BUT......

I have to say this. Nobody will ever be able to say about you that "he would give you the shirt off his back"...I mean...really. I saw first hand that you would NOT give a poor needy lady the shirt off your back. The shame...the horror.... :witch_brew:

Bob,

BUT......

I have to say this. Nobody will ever be able to say about you that "he would give you the shirt off his back"...I mean...really. I saw first hand that you would NOT give a poor needy lady the shirt off your back. The shame...the horror.... :witch_brew:

But, But.... in my defense,..... I had only owned it for a few minutes..... and it was the first (manly)pink shirt that I had ever owned.... and, she didn't look that needy to me. If she had I would have given it up, my blood and maybe a kidney if she needed it...... I did give her my brand new pink bandana..... and I had already forfieted my Butterfinger Blizzard and a portion of my dinner to Big Tom.......I did buy VR merchandise, parts, raffle tickets and donations freely................. Never mind..... PM me her name and address and I'll send her the shirt........ I feel so ashamed.