IGNORED

Driving lights

wolfrider

Ive got a Yamaha light bar on my 2005 RSTD. One of the driving lights got busted in it. Anyone know of an aftermarket 4 1/2" sealed beam light or replacement light I can replace it with? Yamaha said they're on back order till Oct ?

Cheers,

Steve

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a 2nd gen but I have a set of 4.5" Drag Specialty driving lights on my '84.

I had read several posts in the past about different options for the 2nd gen driving lights and they all fit my DS housings.

Wouldn't about any 4.5" replacement light from somewhere like NAPA or Auto Zone be a standard fit? Got to be cheaper than a Yammy light.

:2cents:

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i went with 4.5 led from northern tool and equipment. part number 127757 they fit perfect and are bright. i light them much better than oem and they match my hid.

Just curious, did you take the bulbs out of the housing, or use the housings as shown on N/T's web page http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200407598_200407598?issearch=127757

Do they create any electrical "noise" which interferes with the radios?

• 4 weeks later...

I needed to replace one of mine. The number was a Wagner 4449. The price was 35.00 each, but the parts store didn't have any in stock. I ended up getting a pair of 4416 bulbs. They are the same beam pattern and wattage, but a higher candlepower rating, and the price was under 25.00 for the pair. They are clear lenses instead of fluted.

Would it be highjacking this thread if I asked for ideas of what to use and install on a mkII>

I like the look of rectangular running lights....mounted on the horn brakets?????

I also like the idea of CHEAP!!!!!!!

I"d love to see some pictures and ideas!

Would it be highjacking this thread if I asked for ideas of what to use and install on a mkII>

I like the look of rectangular running lights....mounted on the horn brakets?????

I also like the idea of CHEAP!!!!!!!

I"d love to see some pictures and ideas!

Wally World has the "Burner" line that has several different models to choose from. I used to have the round chrome ones on my '84 before I installed the 4 1/2 inch housings.

They have a model that you might like. It was a retangular light at 65 watts each with replaceable bulbs. Same watt power as I had and they are bright. About $20.00 bucks for the set.

I have the upgraded stator so they mever bothered me for power drain. I think I had them before the stator but I can't remember for sure.

They held up well anyway, still got em on the shelf.

Mike

I needed to replace one of mine. The number was a Wagner 4449. The price was 35.00 each, but the parts store didn't have any in stock. I ended up getting a pair of 4416 bulbs. They are the same beam pattern and wattage, but a higher candlepower rating, and the price was under 25.00 for the pair. They are clear lenses instead of fluted.

From what I see they say "Off Road" on the box have you had any problems from any LEOs?

BTW my passing lights are always on, but look yellow compared to the HID main light.

Just curious, did you take the bulbs out of the housing, or use the housings as shown on N/T's web page http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200407598_200407598?issearch=127757

Do they create any electrical "noise" which interferes with the radios?

TheKid and I are both using these lights and we both love them. (I just picked up 2 pair for another friend as well) They have more dispersion than the stock incandescants, but are quite bright and light up the sides of the road nicely. My main concern/objective for running lights is being seen and these def do that.

There is no Radio interferance.

The bulbs come out of the rubber housing and drop right in to the stock housing on the bike. You will need to add some spade lugs on the bare wires. I reccommend using the weatherproof type and always use dielectric grease on the connections

sp!ke

Steve:

Here is a photo of the rectangular ones on my 89 VR. They are mounted on the horn brackets. I bought them from Wally World and are cheap. They are plastic housings. About $20 (USD). They are 55 watt each and do a good job of lighting up the road.

Jim

I have a similar pair in chrome on my '91 mounted the same way. And... they have hi/lo beam. Haven't looked at them closely enough to find the manufacture. Not my doing.... P.O.'s

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

No, they are still in the box. I hope to get them put on by the end of the month. I had hip surgery on Jan 12th and I am just getting back in the work mode. I will let you know when I get them in.

Earl

• 3 weeks later...
i went with 4.5 led from northern tool and equipment. part number 127757 they fit perfect and are bright. i light them much better than oem and they match my hid.

Hey Kid.

Thanks for the info. I got them and poped them in . Very bright. Now I'v got to get a HID headlight.Which HID did you get? :mo money::mo money:

Have you installed them? What's the verdict??? :confused24:

So far so good. very bright and easy to put in.went for a 6hr ride and no problems so far.:happy34: