IGNORED

Driving lights

wolfrider

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, the LEDs from Northern tool came in this afternoon.

As was mentioned the "bulbs" can be popped right right out of the stiff rubber housing. I had to cut the wires, but no big deal there. They fit right in the the passing light buckets. Took it for a quick spin and WOW they are bright!!! :cool10::cool10::cool10:

The down side now is the Silverstar Ultra is now what looks like an amber fog light:crying:

Guess I gotta punch up Canadian Cruiser Customs to see what they are gonna do about my (in warranty) failed HID. :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

The next to last picture shows the difference between the new LED on the right of the picture to the stock incandescent on the left.

Edited by wes0778

SO Wes0778 can you do a check on the radio and comms to let us know if your getting the interfearence that has been reported ocasionaly?

The specs for the lights off Northerns site says the lights are something like 3.79 inch or something. They fit right in the RSV light bar?

SO Wes0778 can you do a check on the radio and comms to let us know if your getting the interfearence that has been reported ocasionaly?

The specs for the lights off Northerns site says the lights are something like 3.79 inch or something. They fit right in the RSV light bar?

Haven't used the CB to check it, but the FM radio played just fine on my commute to work this morning. Don't know what they are measuring, but when you remove the "bulb" from the housing, it is the exact same diameter as the sealed beam bulbs, and fit's perfectly in the RSV buckets.

If you haven't yet, set up a relay and draw Headlamp power direct from the battery, it will brighten the HL and make it look more like the LED passing lamps. Passing light power from the battery will brighten them also. I have Wagner 4449 sealed beams in both RSV's, one setup with the relay (01), one not (08), the one drawing from the battery looks bright white while the other looks yellow. Both are running Silverstar Ultras and the 01 PL's look to be the same color.

Ok, the LEDs from Northern tool came in this afternoon.

As was mentioned the "bulbs" can be popped right right out of the stiff rubber housing. I had to cut the wires, but no big deal there. They fit right in the the passing light buckets. Took it for a quick spin and WOW they are bright!!! :cool10::cool10::cool10:

The down side now is the Silverstar Ultra is now what looks like an amber fog light:crying:

Guess I gotta punch up Canadian Cruiser Customs to see what they are gonna do about my (in warranty) failed HID. :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

The next to last picture shows the difference between the new LED on the left of the picture to the stock incandescent on the left.

If you haven't yet, set up a relay and draw Headlamp power direct from the battery, it will brighten the HL and make it look more like the LED passing lamps. Passing light power from the battery will brighten them also. I have Wagner 4449 sealed beams in both RSV's, one setup with the relay (01), one not (08), the one drawing from the battery looks bright white while the other looks yellow. Both are running Silverstar Ultras and the 01 PL's look to be the same color.

Thanks!!! But I've had a relay on the headlight almost from the time I got the RSV. The Silverstar Ultra did look "bright white" next to the stock passing light(also on their own relay) bulbs.

Hey Gang.... these lights just went on SALE today for $34.95 each... I called them

and they refunded me 10 bucks .. they have a 30 day thing on that in case

you have ordered them in the last month or so.. Mine should be here Friday .

Jeff

Calprin: what housings are you using. I am looking to change mine out from sealed beam to a seperate bulb type. I think the star part number I have found that might be correct for the housing is STR-4wm35-50-ea. I have been trying to source some from a Harley also on e-bay. But so far the take offs I have found they guy wants me to make this months payments for him.

These are a perfect fit and seem much brighter.

The LED is already in the OEM Ring for the light bar.

The Middle is the OEM Light.

Thanks for the tip.

[ATTACH]65904[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]65905[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]65906[/ATTACH]

These are on sale in the stores @ 34.95 until 4/28. There are coupons that just came out in a direct mailer that will get you $5 off $15. IE: 29.95ea + Tax.

For those that live near a store that is....

(Not saying where I work -lol)

I have never seen a Northern Tool Retail Store in my life any place.

must be a top secrect thing I guess :icon_smile_question

There are 75 Northern Tool Stores. Go to NorthernTool.com for store locations.

Boomer....who sez they do not admit pygmies into their stores....:whistling:

• 1 month later...

Got mine installed in about 45 mins yesterday. WOW, what a difference. NOW gotta give the headlight bulb the boot in favor of something close to the new DL's.

Is the HID the way to go or Ultrastar?