IGNORED

Driving lights

wolfrider

this is my fix for broken passing lamps...

found these at my local O'Reilly's auto parts store...

only $8.99 each and at least as bright as high beams on our old cars from the 70's!!!

just had to change the terminal ends for screw-type connectors, but hey, who doesn't already have a few of those in the tool box anyways???

...Dave

[ATTACH]69076[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]69077[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]69078[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]69079[/ATTACH]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea but if you think those are bright, wait till you put an HID in. I bout some Alure housings and halogen passing lights for mine after installing my HID. They still look yellowish compaired to the headlight. I bought my HId kit off e-bay $32 free shipping. Easy install. Hardest part was making an on/off switch with warning light as suggested by some other members suggested. Bi-zenon is the way to go, otherwise you end up with HID low I think and a halogen for a hi-beam. On the flip side though if you by the kit with a halogen beam you could run a modulator with it I think. The HID you cant run a modulator.

Iowa City would be the closest. There are more stores coming online over the next 12 to 24 in the central/midwest (as long as the economy holds?). DAMHIKT.

sp!ke

They all seem to be on the eastern side of the US,,, So sad.

I think there is one about 300 miles from me :D

Ooops, meant to say Des Moines. Prolly about 300mi to Des Moines? I need to go back to HS Geography -lol

Never seen one in IC yet to date.. maybe they just built it?

we always know when a new store comes LOL... Just got

a Costco Yippy !

• 2 months later...
Hey Gang.... these lights just went on SALE today for $34.95 each... I called them

and they refunded me 10 bucks .. they have a 30 day thing on that in case

you have ordered them in the last month or so.. Mine should be here Friday .

Jeff

Thanks for the tip. I got mine today and at the sale price too $34.99. I did some amp/watt measurements.

.32A (each) or 3.84 watts (each) compared to the 55 watts for OEM. Like you said they drop right in.

maybe long as when I turn them off and there is one of those green steet signs you can see it. but whn on they really lite them up. I still have not had anybody use there brights on me yet to this date so far. maybe kind of a flat light :rotf:its differant :confused24:

been about 3 months since the install

Wondering what sort of out put? Is the beam long distance type or more of a flood type? Like 20ft wide and 10ft out or other way around. I guess you could discribe as short and fat or long and tall. :whistling:

Definitely a flood light. It light up the whole garage, everything in front of the bike. There is no "beam of light" that can be pointed/ directed. I knew this when I bought them. I don't ride at night and don't plan to either. I got these lights TO BE SEEN. I took a bunch of pictures when I installed them. But really nothing to it. Pop them out of the rubber case, cut the wires, add new connectors, drop them into the OEM passing lamp housing. Next is installing the $54 HID light kit from Cycle Gear. All lights on the bike will be LED with the exception of the new HID headlight and rear turn signal, I have no plans to change them.

• 2 months later...