IGNORED

How Long??

fixit3546

08-16-2006 - this is my join date, 4 years 2 months and some days, It is still the best site on the web.

I have been a member longer than that but the "CRASH" deleated that history.

I was just wondering how long most folks have been here? And when Don originally started the site?

Anybody remember "Dallas" what ever happened to him?

..........I guess i'm just remenissing.:97:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up my 84 in the fall of 06 (4 years now!) joined here in the spring of 07 (just before Flyinfool) after meeting Millman37 at the local cycle joint, I chased him down after seeing his bike outside and he told me about this looney bin! Been crazy ever since!

Well....YES .............but I didn't want it to be that obvious. LMAO :missingtooth:

Good I thought it was me!!

I joined late in 04 I think. Might have been 05. Time flies when you are having fun!!! Back when the "Blue Beast" ruled the East Coast!!

Edited by Yammer Dan

Joined about a year, give or take a couple of months, before the great crash. Some of the first people I made freinds with was JGorom (RIP), Marcarl, Squidley, E Fishin C, Granpagak (Woomp), Condor (Just Jsck) and a few others. I actually joined Venturers with a 3 year membership but clicked a lot better with this group. Absolutely LOVE the site mainly because of the people, and wouldn't trade it for the world!!!

PS yes I remember Dallas but haven't seen him on for a long time...

I joined in mid April 05 (I think it was) .. I just bought my 05 Venture and found the site, which was before the site crashed..

I remember how all of us were in shock that morning not being able to sign on to VR.ORG..

What a way to ruin your day huh...?

Then all of us began scrambling in all our home computers trying to locate and replace all the tech articles back on the site...what a mess it was, but thanks to Don it was up and running again in no time and has been here ever since (Thank Don..I mean GOD)...:thumbsup2:

i guess i joined a year or so before the "crash".seen LOTS of good people join up. Seen some fine ones go, too.

and then there's Charlie (E fishing C), he's never been "all here", 'cause he aint all there!

lol i too remember Dallas, always stirring the pot!

just jt

I was member 100 of the original site. I remember talking with Buckeroo before he passed. He has the distincition (sadly) of being the first on our memorial board.

I sure do remember Dallas! He was a good pooper scooper thrower!

I've bought all my bikes through here. The first member I met was Black Owl on our way to meet Boo when we went to buy the blue 89 Boo had and sold to me to shut me up. (I was whining about not having a bike at the time!)

Now I've met so many folks I cant remember them all when I see them again!

Its been a great ride! One which I hope goes on for a long time yet.

I've been here since day one. :) I'm sure glad that so many of you have joined and stuck around though. It sure would be lonely here without you.

Yeah me too. Number 6 in the beginning and a few of us helped decide the name and software used.

Actually the first group here got a personal invitation. Ain't that special.....

Never thought the site would turn out to be what it is today. Don has worked hard and it has turned out great.

BOO