IGNORED

How Long??

fixit3546

Wow found this post and got to thinking wow has it been that long since I joined lol

think I was around 500+ before the crash

First chance I had to meet any of the members was Eureka Springs Rally that's when I meet Snarley Bill-Roadkill-Wildhair 39-Colesgrandpa-dandyone-AllanH-Ponch-Kbran-?now I'm going blank on names its been so long hurts when I make my brain work lol

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I've seen this thread before when it was still fresh. Made me look. Next month it will be 5 years here. Geesh. I keep saying "did that a couple years ago" or "Right after I bought the bike", but it's a kick I've had the old girl for over five years now. I've only had one other bike for longer than that and never stayed with a forum that long. This place, and the members here have been an experience.

The depressing part is in 5 years I've never made to a single rally, MD, or M&E. That needs to change.

Mike

Heck I just now signed up.....:whistling:...so what goes on here that is so contagious??

:twing:

I was here also before the site crash..(03/05 I think)......and I too remember Dallas.

That did get under my skin a few times ............then I figured him out..all bark..no bite.:beer:

He was quite a character. He also had a very interesting history. He was on disability and the story he told me was that he had sustained a back injury when he was working as a body guard for the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones. The story was that they came out of club in Austin or Houston and got jumped. He got hit from behind or something like that.

He was always pushing the limits here. He may hold the record for having the most posts deleted. :) The last time I communicated with him was when I sent him an email one night asking him to PLEASE show a bit of restraint. His response was that I was just scared of him because he was getting too popular and I was afraid that he was going to take over the club.

You can say what you want about him but you CAN'T say that he didn't have a very high opinion of himself.

Sometime in 2005 BC. Missed the Bakersfield VWII as I'd just picked up the '83, and was fighting gremlins. Didn't do III in Death Valley either as it was against my riding rules... 50f-80f and dry. As I recall :backinmyday: it was under 50f and wet. Susanville was my first VW and had a great time and finally started to get confidence in the bike.... Since then I've been to a few more.... :whistling:

Man I've seen this thread before when it was still fresh. Made me look. Next month it will be 5 years here. Geesh. I keep saying "did that a couple years ago" or "Right after I bought the bike", but it's a kick I've had the old girl for over five years now. I've only had one other bike for longer than that and never stayed with a forum that long. This place, and the members here have been an experience.

The depressing part is in 5 years I've never made to a single rally, MD, or M&E. That needs to change.

Mike

You missed your chance for a fairly close one last year in CodyWy. But you could go another few miles north and head to Kruisn the Koots in JUly. We need more G1 Ventures out, the G2's and the Goldwings are like an infestation....:rotfl::rotfl:

Brian

Reading thru this thread it is interesting to see how many people that posted two years ago are still here.... and are from the original group of members.

For me, joined about a year before I bought my RSV in 2010. Took that long to find the right deal so gave me lots of time to "research" on this site. I had joined the V'ers site too but found this site to be the better of the two. Must be the people !

He was always pushing the limits here. He may hold the record for having the most posts deleted. His response was that I was just scared of him because he was getting too popular and I was afraid that he was going to take over the club.

You can say what you want about him but you CAN'T say that he didn't have a very high opinion of himself.

To continue your last line I bet your saying "just like S........, Cana..... " :stirthepot:

Don here is a name I think you may agree was a real charm, may even be up there with Dallas "SPUD" Think he had a high opinion of the USA:rotf:

Brad

LOL...I wonder what happened to Spud. I actually didn't mind him but he was always getting mad about something. He finally go mad and left. Then he rejoined and sent me a message that he was sorry and hoped he was still welcome. I told him that of course he was still welcome. Then he posted once or twice and was gone again. He was last here in February 2010 and I never heard from him again. He just never seemed happy about much of anything though.

I got one of those special invites a long time ago, there couldn't have been more than maybe 150 members? Just a great place to hang around and meet some great people and learn a few things about these bikes.

I'll be here when I have to down grade to a wheel chair most likely......

But I hope thats many miles down the road !!!!!!!!

Been here since August of the first year. We have only been to one meet, the first Potato Creek. Dallas was a hoot but all of you are are too. The camaraderie is what makes this site the best on the web thanks to all the moderators and the head POOBAA. The best 12 bucks ever spent.:thumbsup2::D

Been here since August of the first year. We have only been to one meet, the first Potato Creek.

Did you forget the first year of Marcarl's you stopped in for a burger and left for home. Spent all day driving and could not have stayed for an hour.

Brad

I also came over from the Venturers and was sent a "special invitation" also back in the day.I don't post alot and havent made it to any of the events but I hope to one day.I don't remember my original # but it was pretty low.I still hang with the Venturers and really enjoy both sites.BTW this is as good a time as any to say "Thank you" to Don for all he has done for this website,the Venturers and the MTA (old VTS).His influence has been felt in many areas.

Seen around since August 13, 2009. Haven't attended to a lot of the meets , but I'm on here at least once a day. Made the last 2 MDs at Freebird's. I just like to get on here and listen to what this bunch of idiots has to complain about everyday. Reminds me of the comic strip, "Family Circus". I work from dusk to dawn so most of the time I'm either LMAO or fighting back a big ole lump in my throat. You guys are "good medicine". Keep it up!!