IGNORED

How Long??

fixit3546

I think it was February or March of '05, BradT mentioned to come over and I did. I was one of the original trouble makers. I loved the comeraderie and the banter that we had in the early days. Not many people back then and many of us were friends from the Venturers. This has been one of the best experiences in my life. I have made more friends here than anywhere else, this is a VERY cool place.....Thank Don for putting it together for us

:)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little more of a noobie. I lurked for several weeks before 'registering'. I wish I would have jumped in sooner and checked out the 'what to look for' stuff before buying my first one. There were a few real small things that I overlooked when I picked up my RSV that could have saved me a little money and some frustration.

Great people all around (especially the Vancouver bunch - but don't tell them I said that, ONE of them already has a big head from some recent air-time :stickpoke::rasberry::rasberry:).

Out of everyone else I have met, in person, Washington, California, and even some of these Texans have been good people too.

:happy65:

I joined 04-02-2008 after picking up my 85 VR over the winter that year. I enjoyed everyone in here so much i decided to go down to Morro Bay Calif, later that summer to meet a few of the bunch and had a great time!!

It doesnt seem to matter where I am, or where I meet up with Venturerider people, they are always a lot of fun and very giving people. (welll,,,, maybe except for the swelled head troublemaker out in BC....:stickpoke::stirthepot:) :smile5:

Brian

I joined in Sept 2004. I was one of those that received the "special" invite a few months earlier. I lurked a bit before finally joining that Sept. One of the best moves I have made. :smile5:

I do appreciate what Don has put together here and what all the members have contributed too.

Although I am not sure exactly when I joined, it was sometime in late 2004 or early 2005. I found the site helpful with some gauge problems that had been bothering me and it was a great place to drop into and banter back and forth. Back then it was a lot crazier than it is now!

At that time there was only one other member in Northern California, Rich Elliott and he was down in the Bay area. I remember the chilly, foggy morning we met up for the first time in Suisun at the Denny's there. Then sometime after that this nutball with the dubious handle of EasyRider showed up on the screen ... and right in the Sacramento area where I was. First time I met Rick I was heading for our meet up place and he rode right past me while I was waving like crazy at him trying to get his attention. There he went, past the coffee place ... totally lost ... which seemed to be a emerging pattern over the time we rode together!

Then this guy named Buddy Rich joined that was close to us, he posted up some pictures of a load of furniture that had been dumped in the road in the middle of the night that he almost hit. Rick and I figured he was a nutball like us soon there after.

Our first get together in the Sac area was in Lodi at a Starbucks there. 5 riders. Next weekend me and Rick went to Stockton and searched the town for Buddy till we ran him down. We were right, he was as goofy as we were. Several Southern Cal riders and us Northern Cal riders communicated back and forth and even tried to work out a coffee run that would work out equitably. Out of this 'need' to get together with the SoCal Venture riders there spun off the first of three Venture West's, the getting together of Southern and Northern California riders and a few from adjoining states. Venture West One was great for a first time get together for us out there. With Black Owl's considerable help VWOne went around the country and the VWOne patch along with it ... wonder where the dirt wound up?

Then, the crash ... not sure that describes it well ... it was more like the PANIC!! Don't think I did much of anything but pace my office and talk to Buddy and Rick on the phone till it came back up ... and thankfully it did.

I do appreciate this place. Oh, and in person ... Dallas was a great guy!

I also came out of the Venturers group, but never felt at home there. I made a trip to Birmingham on the bike and while there ran into Don Harrell and his wife, who asked me if I was going to Vogal and my response was "What's a Vogal?" I went on Ventureriders and have met some really great folks and feel truly blessed to be here. Not sure when I joined, but it was just before Vogal 1.

RandyA

I also came out of the Venturers group, but never felt at home there. I made a trip to Birmingham on the bike and while there ran into Don Harrell and his wife, who asked me if I was going to Vogal and my response was "What's a Vogal?" I went on Ventureriders and have met some really great folks and feel truly blessed to be here. Not sure when I joined, but it was just before Vogal 1.

RandyA

Hey Randy,..........I can still hit 2nd. gear as hard as I want to........thanks again.:301:

Bought the bike Memorial Day weekend and was signed on here within a couple days in 05. This is the best bike related site I've even been on thanks to Don's fore site and hard work of him and his moderators of what this club should be all about.

My first actual meeting of any members was shortly after meeting Squidly and about a dozen characters for a meet & eat in Port Huron. Close to half of them canucks too. Then off on a 200 + mile jaunt to round out the day. All told I rolled out about 300 mikles that day and knew I'd found a home of like minded folks.

Larry

I've been here since day one. :) I'm sure glad that so many of you have joined and stuck around though. It sure would be lonely here without you.

I knew ya loved me. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: I joined sometime after the first vogel. The hubby signed up Nov 04. I also remember that crash and it was so upsetting couldn't sign on wasn't it like 3 days?

Margaret

I joined a couple months before the crash, this place has become a major part of my life, and I thank Don for the amazing way he manages this site. I dont really do alot of tinkering on my bike, I like to hit the button and ride, but I have learned so much from this site, some about motorcycles but mostly about people, and life. I have made some really great friends, unfortunately I dont get to see them nearly enough, looking forward to MD already. Craig

Funny you mention that as I still have the Bakerfield Dirt in the garage somewhere

So thats where it wound up. I forgot who I shipped it too. Theres Georgia nuts mixed in there too. :smile5:

but I have learned so much from this site, some about motorcycles but mostly about people, and life. I have made some really great friends, unfortunately I dont get to see them nearly enough, looking forward to MD already. Craig

Ya know, if you make it down to Fla I can teach you a few things about life here....I learned the fine art of slackerhood down here and i'd be willing to spread the wealth....:draming:

Ya know, if you make it down to Fla I can teach you a few things about life here....I learned the fine art of slackerhood down here and i'd be willing to spread the wealth....:draming:

The only time I get to Fla. is when I visit Mickey and Minnie, but I just mite take ya up on your offer, I have lots to learn:bowdown: Craig

Funny you mention that as I still have the Bakerfield Dirt in the garage somewhere

Really? Old Bakersfield dirt ... it get any better with age? Anything growing in it (cause nothing would grow in it when it was in Bakersfield!!)??

I think it was February or March of '05, BradT mentioned to come over and I did. Not many people back then and many of us were friends from the Venturers.

Don't blame me. Yes alot were friends from the other site. The Banter did get good a few times. Only had one moderator, but he was the biggest pain in the ...... then.

I was here a month after it started, joined a few weeks after Mr. Owl was beating on me.

Brad