IGNORED

Politcal Posts

Freebird

Well folks, looks like we need another reminder about political posts. I have deleted two threads that either started out as or turned into political discussions. Simply put, they are not welcome here. This was discussed and voted on by the membership long ago and it was overwhelmingly agreed upon that we simply do not need political discussions here.

I understand how tempting it is with all that is going on right now in the world of politics. I have said it before though and will say it again. There are PLENTY of websites and discussion forums available if you want to argue about politics. This is NOT the place.

I also want to comment on a post in one of the threads that I deleted. The post said something like "I thought that political discussions were not allowed. I guess that's only if you disagree with the admin". That statement is totally false and I am offended by it. I most certainly have strong political views but I try to be unbiased in the way that I moderate this site. No threads are ever deleted without much thought and when possible, discussion among the moderators. Many times a political type thread is posted and is not deleted immediately. The reason is that even though we do not wish to see political threads posted, if it happens, we will usually give it some time in case by some unknown miracle, it doesn't get nasty and turn into a debate between the right and the left. It has nothing to do with whether or not the admin agrees or disagrees with the poster.

Perhaps we need to take a stronger stand and just realize that ANY political thread is going to turn into a nasty debate and delete them immediately upon one of the moderators seeing the post.

Folks, we have very few rules here. We try to give as much leeway as possible in allowing discussions on many subjects. No political discussion is one of those rules. Please try to keep that in mind.

I'll second what Freebird said here, I have NEVER seen a political post that has not turned bad. As for the statement like this "I thought that political discussions were not allowed. I guess that's only if you disagree with the admin". I welcome you to PM ANY of the moderators, we all try very hard not to make this a dictatorship. If you feel like we are, then perhaps this is not the site for you and you might want to visit other sites.

I'll tell anyone like it is, if you come here to stir the pot, or bash what goes on here....LEAVE. This is a free site and you have nothing into it, and frankly we dont need to babysit people like that. Sorry if you feel it has come out harsh, but you wont find a better bunch of folks anywhere on the web. I'm like Don and have STRONG political beliefs, but none of you know them from listening to them on this site, because I dont bring them here. Lets all work hard to keep them out of here, and if you have to lable a thread saying "This isn't meant to be political".....it probably will be.

Edited by Squidley

My thought.......I think you guys /admin are doing a GREAT job with this site! I have read posts where you tell / worn people that things are going south and to stop or thread will disappear. What more could anyone ask?

I just want to say KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! It has got to be hard trying to cover every thread on here as I have a hard time trying to read all of them. I too have my personal views on a lot of things, but will not get into arguments. THIS IS A GREAT SITE AND YOU GUYS & GALS GOT MY VOTE TO KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING!!!!!

Perhaps we need to take a stronger stand and just realize that ANY political thread is going to turn into a nasty debate and delete them immediately upon one of the moderators seeing the post.

I strongly agree.... and will do.:thumbsup2:

Folks, we have very few rules here. We try to give as much leeway as possible in allowing discussions on many subjects. No political discussion is one of those rules. Please try to keep that in mind.

I completely agree. I knew I should have dumped that thread with the pictures instead of just trying to post a nice warning. My bad. We need to have a standing policy that we dump them immediately upon spotting them, regardless of the details of the current content or how nice they start out. If that is clearly stated up front and followed by all of us, then the few who are disturbed by it will have a harder time trying to claim that we are reacting just because we don't agree with their views.

Goose

Boy, do a little work that keeps you off this site and you miss all the fireworks. NO POLITICS. NO BAD LANGUAGE, NO SMOKING, NO HARLEYS, NO INAPPROPRIATE PICTURES, NO DIRTY JOKES, NO UNDERAGE DRINKING, keep up the good work.:thumbsup2: This site is getting like my mom.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D

I totally agree. Politics and other controversal subjects don't belong here. I come here to visit with friends and neighbors to find out whats happening in their area that's connected to riding. I have no urge to know what their affiliation, political or otherwise, is. You moderators do a very good job keeping an eye on things and I for 1 appreciate what you do. THANKS for what you do.

Boy, do a little work that keeps you off this site and you miss all the fireworks. NO POLITICS. NO BAD LANGUAGE, NO SMOKING, NO HARLEYS, NO INAPPROPRIATE PICTURES, NO DIRTY JOKES, NO UNDERAGE DRINKING, keep up the good work.:thumbsup2: This site is getting like my mom.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D

Actually, i believe the Harley Thing is the least bad Thing you could do ...

:ignore::ignore::ignore: :D :D :D

I visit several other mc sites that allow a lot of stuff we don't see here. Politics, stuff that's not safe to open either at home among kids or work, whatever. Like someone said sooner or later they turn nasty.

Anyhow it's a breath of fresh air to come here at Venture Riders and not see that crap. For that I thank Don and all the moderators here for keeping this place clean of it all. :thumbsup2:

Larry

Only been on this site sence July, but I think the Admin. and Mod. are doing a great job. I also have a hard time reading everything. There's certain subjects I don't discuss with the wife or family or friends. Hate to argue anymore, Life is to short. If I'm not argueing I have more time to ride.

I been to several sites will not name names here but I will not be going back to them anytime soon!!!! Why one reason is all the fighting @*($%&*#) and more nasty stuff. I for one Love this site due to the great work you guys put into it. And I back you up 100% ........... Thanks Guys keep up the Good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddy

Don, and other moderators if you decide to delete a thread,,,,,,,,I guess it was not important enough to leave it,,,,,,,and I really didn't need to take the time to read it,,,,,,,,so keep up the good work,,,,just sorry it has to take so much of your time.

Hi To All,

If only Companies like Yamaha used as much common sense and offered as much protection as the Moderators of this site use on a daily basis, think of how great it would be for all of us! Both Jean and myself are VERY greatful for all of the time and effort the Moderators put into this site! I recently read a post where the poster suggested that if you are angry or stressed about life in general, be careful that your emotions don't leak into the posts you are writing, When I saw the post mentioned above, I started to write a scathing oration and then caught myself and exersizing the newly found advise I was given, I chose not to post and add fuel to the fire. When I came to this site I expected to get information on how to fix my VR but never in my wildest dreams did i expect much wiser men and women to profoundly affect my life for the positive. It is a pure pleasure to be a part of this " Band of Brothers (and Sisters)"

Respectfully,

Earl and Jean

Guest maddabber

This is just awful I was hoping that we could discuss Canadian politics here as most of you are American and now we are going to have an election that will cost us even though the goverment still has a year.:mo money:

OPPPS Sorry Don just forget what i said above.:ignore::ignore::ignore:

When I came to this site I expected to get information on how to fix my VR but never in my wildest dreams did i expect much wiser men and women to profoundly affect my life for the positive. It is a pure pleasure to be a part of this " Band of Brothers (and Sisters)"

You state that very well, thats what this place has turned into...and I couldn't be happier about it. I'm glad to see that it affects folks this way, it still does me

:thumbsup2:

This is just awful I was hoping that we could discuss Canadian politics here as most of you are American and now we are going to have an election that will cost us even though the goverment still has a year.:mo money:

OPPPS Sorry Don just forget what i said above.:ignore::ignore::ignore:

Darrell......5 minutes in the time out corner

:buttkick:

This isn't meant to be political........but to Freebird and Squidley.......are you guys interested in running this country?

I'm a huge supporter of shut up and or get out and as well as this board is run, I'm all for you guys taking the helm of the Good Old U.S. of A. All in favor....say aye!

Thanks for all your effort and good work guys.

Hope to see your names on the ballot.

Snaggletooth:ignore:

This isn't meant to be political........but to Freebird and Squidley.......are you guys interested in running this country?

I'm a huge supporter of shut up and or get out and as well as this board is run, I'm all for you guys taking the helm of the Good Old U.S. of A. All in favor....say aye!

Thanks for all your effort and good work guys.

Hope to see your names on the ballot.

Snaggletooth:ignore:

Were too honest to be politians...but thanks for thinking of us

:)