IGNORED

How involved are MC inspections in your State?

Tartan Terror

Plain and simple NY SUX!

Got my bike inspected today, ( know the guy so just gave him the Mileage and Reg) and found out alot about new bullcrap of NYS bike inspections. First of all the safety inspection which is nuts. Car tires are automatic fail and they are instructed to look for that. Also they are supposed to ride the bike and also remove a wheel. Now that leads to two problems. First is how can you do this and make any money or even cover your time for a fee of $6 and who wants an inspector to ride your bike. Im very protective of who rides my bike and I dont want it rode. Who knows what can happen. Also we are hearing alot of dealers quoting for things like fork seals. Guess you need to figure out ways to cover all the time you loose doing these $6 inspections. Just venting and fortunately I have an in but watch your butts if you are in NY. Maybe something the AMA should look into. Are they this stupid in other states?

Plain and simple NY SUX!

Got my bike inspected today, ( know the guy so just gave him the Mileage and Reg) and found out alot about new bullcrap of NYS bike inspections. First of all the safety inspection which is nuts. Car tires are automatic fail and they are instructed to look for that. Also they are supposed to ride the bike and also remove a wheel. Now that leads to two problems. First is how can you do this and make any money or even cover your time for a fee of $6 and who wants an inspector to ride your bike. Im very protective of who rides my bike and I dont want it rode. Who knows what can happen. Also we are hearing alot of dealers quoting for things like fork seals. Guess you need to figure out ways to cover all the time you loose doing these $6 inspections. Just venting and fortunately I have an in but watch your butts if you are in NY. Maybe something the AMA should look into. Are they this stupid in other states?

No personal vehicle inspections of any kind here in Wyoming.:cool10: Just one of the many reasons I choose to live in a free state.:stirthepot: No personal offense intended.:no-no-no: It sounds like some unelected bureaucrat has something against motorcycles. :080402gudl_prv:

Never heard of M/C inspections in Canada...at least BC & AB. We have to do emissions testing on our cars and light duty pickups every couple years but they have to be 7 years old or older. There is oftentimes random check stops for commercial trucks/busses, etc which is a good thing coz many of them fail.

None here in Connecticut but the writing is on the wall.

The wannabe Martha Stewarts are howling about "loud exhausts";bikes running on bald tires; no helmet law; and bikers with large midriffs being unstable on 2 wheels............:rotf:

Course these are the same dorks who drive a car with a cup of Starjunk in one hand and their cell phone in the other.:whistling:

No MC inspections here in SK., except when you go to register and insure a mc over 500 cc. inspectors from our provincial(state)-run insurance company has to check that your engine and frame serial numbers match. But nothing is done to check the bikes condition or safety.

There are inspections done however if you take your riders exam on a mc or if you go thru a roadside inspection

Brian:cool10::cool10:

Guest tx2sturgis

Tom is right about Texas. They just look it over, make sure all the lights work, and also the hi-beam indicator. You do have to show proof of insurance. They write down the mileage, put the sticker on, and your on your way. I think its about 10 or 12 bucks.

They figure, the brakes must be working, or you'd be dead, and would not need a sticker.

I routinely run my stickers out, because on my Ultra, and now on the Venture, you can hardly even see it, up under the trunk.

No inspections in Illinois either but when I first got my Insurance with Giecko I had to take the bike to the local Kmart to have it inspected. The guy actually had a form with a list of things to check, didn't cost me anything just a little time.

But since you brought this up I have ***** about Illinois. To get an operators license for a motorcycle you have to me a trick rider on a trails bike to pass.

All of the bike shops have a loaner or a rental 250 cc so you can pass the test if you have no license and buying a touring bike. What a joke, you couldn't pass that stupid test unless you were some kind of trick rider. I know I know someone is going to jump in here and say he has passed it on a Venture or some other big bike. Even the local Harley dealer has a little Honda to loan to the guys buying the HD's.

I've been riding for most of my life and I don't think I could pass the current test.

Thanks for letting me vent this really hits a sore spot with me.

Jerry

Never heard of M/C inspections in Canada...at least BC & AB. We have to do emissions testing on our cars and light duty pickups every couple years but they have to be 7 years old or older. There is oftentimes random check stops for commercial trucks/busses, etc which is a good thing coz many of them fail.

I'm gonna, have to have an out of province inspection done soon, if I transfer my License & plate over to Alberta. A few others at the Base Workshop, had them done recently @ $140. per bike.